Sound Familiar? | The Boneyard

Sound Familiar?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He probably had a JC dream the night before and that caused him to get his 10 thumbs in the way

Reaction Score
He's gone, and ostensibly moved on, so I’d say it's probably time to let Missouri fans worry about him having butterfingers.

Reaction Score
He's gone, and ostensibly moved on, so I’d say it's probably time to let Missouri fans worry about him having butterfingers.

While it should be that way partial, it's fun to relive the future NBA stud's career here in Storrs.........please stop sending these articles it is so unfair!! :cool:

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
Yes, partial is correct....we should be above this petty schadenfreude.... We should all just put it into our rearview and move on.

Still....As soon as I saw the thread title, I clicked on it, and I smiled quietly to myself as I read through it....

I am so going to hell it is just not funny, anymore.

U

UCONNfan1

I find it amusing for sure. At the start, I bore the kid no ill-will, but his father's subsequent anti-UCONN campaign and general maligning of our program has made me rethink. Ultimately, I'd like to see the kid be average at best not because I don't like him, but because if JC and co. couldn't "teach" him enough to get him to be an AA, I certainly don't want to see him "learn" that at Missouri...

Reaction Score
He couldn't catch a cold.

Counting down to the creation of a thread on the Mizzou board along the lines of "why does Alex roll his eyes and shrug his shoulders in blame and disbelief after he clearly fouled/goaltended/dropped a clear open look"

Reaction Score
Do you think Jamal Coombs-McDaniel leaving and AO losing his weed connection affected his game?

Reaction Score
My feeling on it is he gave us 3 of probably some of the best years of his life and left without any accolades; there would have been(i think) a lot of people that would have remembered him fondly and he would always have been part of the UConn family. Instead he chose to leave that all behind to start again. Maybe Oriahki hasn't thought about that aspect or doesn't care, but I'm good with that as punishment enough.

Reaction Score
My feeling on it is he gave us 3 of probably some of the best years of his life and left without any accolades; there would have been(i think) a lot of people that would have remembered him fondly and he would always have been part of the UConn family. Instead he chose to leave that all behind to start again. Maybe Oriahki hasn't thought about that aspect or doesn't care, but I'm good with that as punishment enough.

Missouri is the Show-Me state. The flip side of that is Forget-You.

H

Husk-E

I think that somebody should totally just stand beside whichever rim Oriakhi is shooting on with a big calhoun face. Just another way to make sure he never catches a pass.

Reaction Score
there are so many great quotes in this thread...but lets make it the last regarding AO he was a good kid that never became an adult i hope we don't harp on it all year

Reaction Score
I love me some AO and RS. They helped bring a NC to UCONN-I will never forget that. They really can do no wrong- but giving them some light hearted $h%t for leaving is def part of the program this year.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
"..unexpectedly bobbled the ball"? A bigger surprise would be if he actually caught it, let alone converted for a hoop.

By midseason, the beat writers will have dropped the 'unexpectedly' from the narrative.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I think that would have been case, leaving this year not withstanding, had his not posted his race baiting drivel. Now, it's kind of hard to root for the kid. Had he put a stop to his dad's nonsense or at least publically rejected it, I'd still be rooting for him. I still don't root against him, but I get that guilty little smirk as well when we hear reports of Alex, well...being Alex.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom