Sorry Coach Hurley: | The Boneyard

Sorry Coach Hurley:

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
But I love my wife more than you.

Celebrating 43 today, asked Mrs. Fleud what she would like to do and she wanted to watch UConn bb games preferably NCAA or BE tournament games.

Young whipper snappers take note. There are priorities in searching for a mate.

Now Danny win 5 and 6 and perhaps.........Nah! I'll still love you more sweetheart!

Happy Anniversary Mrs. Fleud.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Some here are going to call you a bad UConn fan.

Reaction Score
Once told my ex-wife the 3 happiest days of my life were when my 2 children were born and March 29, 1999. She asked what about our wedding day? I told her I was being honest. She failed to understand, no wonder she is an ex wife.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Once told my ex-wife the 3 happiest days of my life were when my 2 children were born and March 29, 1999. She asked what about our wedding day? I told her I was being honest. She failed to understand, no wonder she is an ex wife.
My wife’s favorite joke. A couple in their nineties appear before the judge for a divorce after 72 years of marriage. The judge demands to know why , after so many years. He turns to the wife for her side who goes on to say that he’s a crude bum, never loved him and he cheated all the time. On his turn, the husband says, you heard her your honor. A shrew, never a moments peace, no wonder I needed other women. The judge looked down and said it certainly seems like I should grant this divorce, but please tell me why you waited so long. In unison they replied, we wanted to wait until the kids were dead.
The ultimate guilt joke. In 10 days my wife and I hit 51 years, no plans to see a judge.

Reaction Score

Celebrating 43 today, asked Mrs. Fleud what she would like to do and she wanted to watch UConn bb games preferably NCAA or BE tournament games.

Now Danny win 5 and 6 and perhaps.........Nah! I'll still love you more sweetheart!

LOL Happy Anniversary to you fleudy and you're much better half I assume! ;)

Congrats on 43 beautiful years together.

QuickDraw

Hi Ho SILVER
Reaction Score

Congrats & I agree with you on choosing wisely. My wife & I met November of the dream season. She was with me when I called the Scottie to Tate play at the end of the Clemson win, and it actually happened. I remember the look on her face as clear as if it was today. Going on 30 yrs. married.
My wife’s favorite joke. A couple in their nineties appear before the judge for a divorce after 72 years of marriage. The judge demands to know why , after so many years. He turns to the wife for her side who goes on to say that he’s a crude bum, never loved him and he cheated all the time. On his turn, the husband says, you heard her your honor. A shrew, never a moments peace, no wonder I needed other women. The judge looked down and said it certainly seems like I should grant this divorce, but please tell me why you waited so long. In unison they replied, we wanted to wait until the kids were dead.
The ultimate guilt joke. In 10 days my wife and I hit 51 years, no plans to see a judge.
Happy belated 50th.
You still have 21 yrs to go.

Reaction Score
I must be doing it wrong.

1) 2004 #1 (my favorite UConn or any team ever!),
2) 2014 (since I was there)
3) 1999 we shocked the world
4) 2011
5) 2011 5 wins in 5 days.

Kids

Marriage.

Reaction Score

Happy 51st in 10 days cohen as I will forget. Great couple here's to many more!

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I'm thinking "watch UConn bball games" is codespeak for something else. Specifying BE and NCAA tourney games means you better be on your game today.

It's anniversary #43. No getting away with Stony Brook like performance.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
LOL Happy Anniversary to you fleudy and you're much better half I assume! ;)

Congrats on 43 beautiful years together.
Thank you mau. Married 43. Met and dated starting four years earlier. 47 beautiful years. Reverse the numbers and

Just finished watching 77-74. Can’t believe we still get tense watching that game. Never get tired of outcome beating the team in a tournament they were coronated champions before it began.

Wifey still giving me looks when I make comments about Fudge Packer!

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Congratulations.

I remember my wedding day like it was today. It was a good thing the wedding party was preoccupied telling me about themselves and not looking at me. Otherwise they would have seen this petrified, sweating person realizing the seriousness of the moment wondering if he could fulfill the commitment.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
In your honor we watched that game. Even my wife laughed at this.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Thank you mau. Married 43. Met and dated starting four years earlier. 47 beautiful years. Reverse the numbers and

Just finished watching 77-74. Can’t believe we still get tense watching that game. Never get tired of outcome beating the team in a tournament they were coronated champions before it began.

Wifey still giving me looks when I make comments about Fudge Packer!

43 years of marriage and the wifey giving you looks at the comment Fudge Packer. You definitely want affirmative consent and safe words.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Congrats & I agree with you on choosing wisely. My wife & I met November of the dream season. She was with me when I called the Scottie to Tate play at the end of the Clemson win, and it actually happened. I remember the look on her face as clear as if it was today. Going on 30 yrs. married.

Happy belated 50th.
You still have 21 yrs to go.
That’s terrific. We were watching that game on a small television. Thinking the game over my wife went downstairs to do the laundry. She was very upset for me she claims but I knew better.

She thought I smashed the television but it was just me jumping up and down after that shot.

She was a music major at Hart. Studious and dedicated she had no interest in sports. Was teaching when she was nineteen. She introduced culture to a slob and I introduced sports to a refined individual. We’re both better for it.

Last edited:

ctchamps

Reaction Score
43 years of marriage and the wifey giving you looks at the comment Fudge Packer. You definitely want affirmative consent and safe words.
Not the name. Just still in the moment. The Duke favoritism still drives me crazy.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
I'm thinking "watch UConn bball games" is codespeak for something else. Specifying BE and NCAA tourney games means you better be on your game today.

It's anniversary #43. No getting away with Stony Brook like performance.
No code. Started with NC #1. Still exhilarating and draining. We never forget our first.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Congrats on having the right priorities and choosing well @fleudslipcon ! Oh crap my anniversary is coming up and I forgot. 19 years on September 1. Yes, do the math.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Congrats on having the right priorities and choosing well @fleudslipcon ! Oh crap my anniversary is coming up and I forgot. 19 years on September 1. Yes, do the math.
Thanks. Hope your honeymoon was not near NYC.

Wanted to let you and all the people who responded to you in the college thread what an outstanding thread that was. Quite impressive how quickly and detailed the ideas transpired.

Your daughter must love you and be very proud to have you as her father. You’ll be able to offer her options that unfortunately many if not most people will have. Hopefully you’ll take a little pressure off yourself.

If your daughter is not already overwhelmed by the process of choosing a college education have her read that thread. It’s a great overview of the complexity of her situation. At the very least she’ll get to see her dad in action.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Thanks. Hope your honeymoon was not near NYC.

Wanted to let you and all the people who responded to you in the college thread what an outstanding thread that was. Quite impressive how quickly and detailed the ideas transpired.

Your daughter must love you and be very proud to have you as her father. You’ll be able to offer her options that unfortunately many if not most people will have. Hopefully you’ll take a little pressure off yourself.

If your daughter is not already overwhelmed by the process of choosing a college education have her read that thread. It’s a great overview of the complexity of her situation. At the very least she’ll get to see her dad in action.

Thanks. I enjoyed that thread. Lots of smart people with varied life experiences in this place. We can have sensible discussions now and then. Feel like I’ve got a handle on it again.

Honeymoon was in Ireland in early October. But our wedding reception was at the Boston World Trade Center.

MTHusky

UCONN Grad class of 1970, living in Brookings OR
Reaction Score
True story, We were at a 75th wedding anniversary party when I asked the husband what was his secret in remaining married for that long. His simple answer was, "Be a traveling salesman"

Happy anniversary!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom