Sooo… Who is are QB gonna be? | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Sooo… Who is are QB gonna be?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Imagine thinking Jim Mora is gonna go up to Roberson (or Fagnano) and say congrats on a great camp, you won the QB1 job. By the way, you're not starting week 1 so we can start your backup

And I'm going to start the back up because he got shell shocked last year against the same team so if we get blown out this year, he'll be more numb to the pain than you would be since you haven't been clubbed by this team yet.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
I think he was trying to be nice by not singling out someone. ZT was not supposed to but had to play last year. If the O was a boxer it would have been as an infighter and a clincher. There was a lot of missing parts throughout the year.
It's entirely plausible that those missing pieces were at least partially a function of not being able to weather another QB injury and not solely due to shortcomings in ZT's game.

Reaction Score
Imagine thinking Jim Mora is gonna go up to Roberson (or Fagnano) and say congrats on a great camp, you won the QB1 job. By the way, you're not starting week 1 so we can start your backup
You think a guy like HCJM would handle the situation that stupidly? You must have a really low opinion of his managerial skillset.

Reaction Score
And I'm going to start the back up because he got shell shocked last year against the same team so if we get blown out this year, he'll be more numb to the pain than you would be since you haven't been clubbed by this team yet.
Sheesh .... Give it up. Really.

Reaction Score
You think a guy like HCJM would handle the situation that stupidly? You must have a really low opinion of his managerial skillset.
They actually don't think Jim Mora would handle the situation that stupidly and I think pretty much everyone on the board is trying to make that point, you just don't seem to get it.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

Sheesh .... Give it up. Really.

These are your words, not mine.

Capture.JPG

Reaction Score
It's entirely plausible that those missing pieces were at least partially a function of not being able to weather another QB injury and not solely due to shortcomings in ZT's game.
Some of that and maybe he has to also learn how to play without the level of player advantages he did in high school. Like other folks said, college is a faster game, shorter windows...have to process. UConn has two nationally recognized guards and a good group of RBs, they are going to run the ball. If they can also throw the ball while winning, it's going to be a fun watch.

Reaction Score
No I have a very high opinion of Mora, which is why I can't see him ever making such a ridiculous decision

Reaction Score
Sometimes i really think a lot of you talk about the team way more than you watch. Pass protection "wasn't great last year"? We had two of the top 15 guards in the country and only allowed 18 sacks... think we're fine there
And how many of those sacks came as a function of ZT holding the ball… and holding the ball… and holding the ball?

Reaction Score
If the pass protection had been good he would have stood in the pocket, run through progressions, and thrown downfield. Never happened. End of discussion.
He often stood back there for what seemed like a lifetime before getting sacked. That is not on the line, that is on a young QB getting up to game speed.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The problem with the passing game was NOT the offensive line. The problem was NOT the wide receivers. It was NOT the running game. It was NOT the tight end.

The reason we max protected was NOT the offensive line or the routes were ran. The entire passing game was simplified to protect the passer.
I don't know that this is 100% what was driving it, but, undoubtedly, quarterback depth played a significant role in the need to simplify our offense to protect the QB.

Reaction Score
First of all… the best player will start. Everything I say next is contingent on that. I expect Roberson will be QB1 and Fagano will be QB2. This leaves the possibility of a redshirt year for ZT. I would expect that ZT would have to display a clear advantage to be QB1. If he’s close to either TR or JF, I would imagine there would be a preference to redshirt ZT.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Some of that and maybe he has to also learn how to play without the level of player advantages he did in high school. Like other folks said, college is a faster game, shorter windows...have to process. UConn has two nationally recognized guards and a good group of RBs, they are going to run the ball. If they can also throw the ball while winning, it's going to be a fun watch.
Your lips....

Reaction Score
I don't know that this is 100% what was driving it, but, undoubtedly, quarterback depth played a significant role in the need to simplify our offense to protect the QB.
Don't think Pal was keen on him, said Charlton was trying to turn straw into gold...but having really only one healthy QB had to play some part.

Reaction Score
Nah. Jimmy's naming a starter in advance so they can be laser focused on getting off to a good start.
I think you are right. At least JM and NC together. Going into a game week the team has to know that. Not so sure the public will know though. Which is what I was worried about. In three weeks time this board might explode. ;) ;)

Reaction Score
First of all… the best player will start. Everything I say next is contingent on that. I expect Roberson will be QB1 and Fagano will be QB2. This leaves the possibility of a redshirt year for ZT. I would expect that ZT would have to display a clear advantage to be QB1. If he’s close to either TR or JF, I would imagine there would be a preference to redshirt ZT.
We're going to need quicker decisions this year no matter who plays. It's not just to avoid sacks but to recognize defenses, react to pressure and find the open guys. Our production from the position needs to increase significantly. The o-line shouldn't be an issue if healthy. But ZT won't want to redshirt with what we have and what's coming in. And coach may want the depth.

Reaction Score
We're going to need quicker decisions this year no matter who plays. It's not just to avoid sacks but to recognize defenses, react to pressure and find the open guys. Our production from the position needs to increase significantly. The o-line shouldn't be an issue if healthy. But ZT won't want to redshirt with what we have and what's coming in. And coach may want the depth.
I think if he’s not starting then why not set him up for the extra year of experience? If depth becomes an issue you can still play him and you’re no worse off. I would imagine even our Texas boy will need some seasoning before he is ready.

huskidork

bailey
Reaction Score
Yup, Fagnano against BC was 21 for 43 and 289. ZT against BC was 11-19 and 173.

Maine 17, BC 38.
UConn 13, BC 3

What was your point exactly? Because it's kinda escaping me.
gonna take a second to say BC a "P5" school only beat FCS Maine by 21 that's hilarious, Texas A&M letting UMass hang in for 3 quarters too

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom