OT: - Songs About Water in any Form - Rain, Ice, Snow, Fog, T- Storms, the Sea, etc. | Page 9 | The Boneyard

OT: Songs About Water in any Form - Rain, Ice, Snow, Fog, T- Storms, the Sea, etc.

Reaction Score
He is (was?) quite an interesting artist. Thanks for the introduction!
He was, he died in 2011 officially of heart disease but essentially it is thought he drank himself to death. The last time I saw him live he was so drunk he forgot the words to one of his signature songs, “Birches”. I love all his work but recommend “Something I Saw or Thought I Saw” whose songs are centered around his divorce from his second wife. He also published two novels; I read the first one, “Edson”, which was a good read.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
St Louis Blues, sung by Bessie Smith. It's not just the line, "My man's got a heart like a rock in the sea." The line "I hate to see that evenin' sun go down" refers to a lament by folks who lived on the bank of the Mississippi. When the sun went down over the bank it got cold fast. When I visited St Louis many years ago I made a point to visit that area.

Reaction Score
Debussy's La Mer it ain't, but in honor of Her Majesty's jubilee:

Reaction Score
St Louis Blues, sung by Bessie Smith. It's not just the line, "My man's got a heart like a rock in the sea." The line "I hate to see that evenin' sun go down" refers to a lament by folks who lived on the bank of the Mississippi. When the sun went down over the bank it got cold fast. When I visited St Louis many years ago I made a point to visit that area.

This is an extraordinary video of the great Bessie Smith.

Reaction Score
Cold Rain and Snow by the Grateful Dead
my first concert as a 10 year old with my loving dad
B&C

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Here's Eliza Carthy with a great version of a fairly well-known folk song.

Reaction Score
The Dead - "Lost Sailor"

Some days the gales are a - howlin'
Some days the seas are as smooth as glass.....

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom