Songs about the Unfortunate Side of Life - Deaths, Divorces, Disasters, Drugs, Demons, all the bad stuff. | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Songs about the Unfortunate Side of Life - Deaths, Divorces, Disasters, Drugs, Demons, all the bad stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Ummmm...sorry? I've never watched an episode of the South Park series. I've had poor hearing for a long time and could never catch the dialogue. (But I did watch the South Park movie....and laughed out loud for a good part of it)
As their disclaimer says, the show is highly offensive to everybody, and nobody should watch it. :rolleyes: Really hit and miss, but sometimes hilarious.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Beautiful song, probably been done by almost everybody at some point. Emmylou has a a wonderful rendition. But this one...It's from a movie. Absolutely gut wrenching, over and over. I know it's acting, but I find it impossible to believe the lead actress wasn't tapping into something real. Her performance was just too raw and powerful for me to think otherwise. The video fairly much tells the story of the film.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
"Cassie" made me think of this. A tribute to a young woman who was beaten to death by some teenage hoodlums in the UK for no discernible reason anyone could figure out.

UHF

Reaction Score
Three Days Grace. 2006. "Never Too Late".

Battle at the end of the video is impactful.

UHF

Reaction Score
Sixx AM. 2007. "Life Is Beautiful"

Song about Nikki Sixx past drug addiction.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
This one is kinda ominous. Seeing a symphonic metal band perform with a full orchestra and chorus would be something else, but I think you gotta go to Europe for that, I don't think they bring that kind of experience stateside. Pretty much all of the bands in that genre are European.

Reaction Score
I had no idea he had a solo career after Argent. Cool song.
I was listening to him before 'Miami Vice' made this song mainstream. I have a terrific double CD set with a lot of good tracks.
He worked with a lot of well-known artists/groups after Argent that I wasn't aware of, either.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
This is a tragic poem by Alfred Noyes that’s been put to music a number of times. I love the Phil Ochs version, which is played more as a love song. I also love Loreena’s version, which is more of an adventure.

UHF

Reaction Score
Slaughter. 1990. "Fly To The Angels"

Song written after the singer attended the funeral of a high school girlfriend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom