Songs About Modes of Transportation Not Planes, Trains, or Automobiles | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Songs About Modes of Transportation Not Planes, Trains, or Automobiles

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
I racked my brain to come up with the following 10 funiculars I have ridden over the years (I'm sure I missed a few):
You could have saved loads of money by visiting Pittsburgh, PA which has (had?) 20 funiculars. :):D Not far away in Altoona is (was) another at the Horseshoe Curve. During the fall the colorful leaves make for quite view. However, Colorado's Royal Gorge Bridge Incline Railway and the Broadmoor Manitou and Pikes Peak Cog Railway provide spectacular views all year. However, the Johnstown, PA Inclined Plane is billed as the "world's steepest vehicular inclined plane". It can carry automobiles and passengers, up or down a slope with a grade of 71.9%.
1635281412207.png

Reaction Score
I went summer skiing on the lower slopes of the Matterhorn--I regret never taking the funicular(s) to the top--how was the experience?
I was fortunate enough to ride the Chamonix (skiing) and Murren funiculars. Did you try the Cathedral Hill funicular in Budapest?
The Victoria Peak funicular in Hong Kong?
Regrettably, I've never been to Budapest or Hong Kong, although I loved the scenes of the Victoria Peak train (didn't realize it was a funicular) in "Soldier of Fortune".

Reaction Score
not sure that a see-saw is actually considered 'transportation', but I believe that the author was 'transported' somewhere by some substance.....
Another Moody Blues’ song from In Search of the Lost Chord with an alternate means of transportation:
“Speeding through the universe
Thinking is the best way to travel”

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Ah but we can't leave out Shirley Ellis of The Name Game Fame which peaked at #3 on The Billboard Charts.
For this thread it's The Clap Clap song which peaked at #8. Regardless of how silly the lyrics were we danced to the beat and sang along. :D

Reaction Score
You could have saved loads of money by visiting Pittsburgh, PA which has (had?) 20 funiculars. :):D Not far away in Altoona is (was) another at the Horseshoe Curve. During the fall the colorful leaves make for quite view. However, Colorado's Royal Gorge Bridge Incline Railway and the Broadmoor Manitou and Pikes Peak Cog Railway provide spectacular views all year. However, the Johnstown, PA Inclined Plane is billed as the "world's steepest vehicular inclined plane". It can carry automobiles and passengers, up or down a slope with a grade of 71.9%.
View attachment 70516
Thanks SVC. Also, South America has many funiculars, particularly in cities. One great city is Valparaiso, Chile, which has 16 historic funiculars, some of which go back to the 1800's. We rode on the oldest, which creaked and rattled the whole trip and we held onto anything available. Valparaiso is also a fantastic city with beautiful murals and artwork on buildings and houses throughout the city. Truly an unforgetable place. Here's a quick look.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom