Songs about love and loss | Page 11 | The Boneyard

Songs about love and loss

Reaction Score
Here is a very old one, said to be based on a song played at Maria Theresa's wedding. The very name cries out betrayal.

Always liked this song, with a bit of a preference to Glenn Miller's rendition, which is smoother than this "peppy" version by Benny and Helen (which is also good).

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Here's an unusual love-and-loss song. It was written by Danny Carnahan and Chris Caswell in the late-70's or early 80's. It's about a time-travelling youth who falls in love with a girl on Earth. They meet just before he's pulled back to his time. This version is from Kate Price, another west-coast folkie. I bought a humle from the father of the guy playing the dulcimer here.

Reaction Score
Just one of the many gems from the musical vault of Van Morrison:

The sky is crying and it's time to go home
And we shall hurry to the car from the foam
Sit by the fire and dry out our wet clothes
It's raining outside from the skies up above

Inside it's warm love
Inside it's warm love
And it's ever present everywhere
And it's ever present everywhere
Warm love
Warm love

Reaction Score
Well I wasn't going to post this because every time I play it a tear comes to my eye. But since this wonderful OT forum may be slowing down or coming to an end, and some of you might remember it, I thought I should give it try.

Reaction Score
This 1957, New England Rockabilly number by Western Mass. star, Joe Therrien Jr. did make the charts. He had one or two other local hits but I have liked this one the most. Has anyone else heard him?

Reaction Score
In the early 1980s I stayed in a Holiday Inn in Southern Ct. where a group was playing. The leader said he had been a member of The Fireflies and that he (Paul Giacalone) wrote this one-hit-wonder that I remembered was one of my favorites. They sounded just as good as I remembered.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
In the early 1980s I stayed in a Holiday Inn in Southern Ct. where a group was playing. The leader said he had been a member of The Fireflies and the he (Paul Giacalone) wrote this one-hit-wonder that I remembered was one of my favorites. They sounded just as good as I remembered.

Ha - I remember that one - I must have heard it on some oldies stations as I wasn't listening to radio in 1959. But I do remember it - nice find.

Reaction Score
Well I wasn't going to post this because every time I play it a tear comes to my eye. But since this wonderful OT forum may be slowing down or coming to an end, and some of you might remember it, I thought I should give it try.

OMG I haven't heard this in literally ages. Pass the kleenex please.

Reaction Score
Its getting to be that time of year - Van Morrison and 10:37 minutes of pure bliss and beauty:

Chestnuts roasting outside
As you walk with your love by your side
And the old accordion plays mellow and bright
And you go home in the crispness of the night

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score

This is an ear-meet-spindle song for me.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom