Songs about love and loss | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Songs about love and loss

Reaction Score
I was paraphrasing Ms Bonoff who said "I always mention Linda in my show and explain some of the ways she recorded my songs. She was very important (in) getting my career going at the beginning." ;)
Ahh - got it - yep - I read and heard her say that as well. She means in terms of driving awareness to the general audience of her work, more than as an influence. I've seen her countless times, both as a solo, and a few times with the reconstituted "Bryndle" before the sad and untimely deaths of Andrew Gold and Kenny Edwards. Talked shop with her a bunch - remarkably generous sort.

"Geaux Away Tigers" :D Brilliant. I'm LSU by inheritance, with 2 feet firmly in CT, where college football is a mild if somewhat comical diversion.

Danny O'Keefe - Angel Spread Your Wings

Good call - speaking of songs popularized in the mainstream by other singers - Judy Collins for Joni Mitchell's "Both Sides Now" and O'Keefe's "Angel Spread Your Wings." Also Jimmy Webb's exceptional, "The Moon's A Harsh Mistress."

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Mary's version is better than Joni's, I think, and the video here is synced beautifully to give a Fall/Winter feeling.

That is a really great version of a wonderful song. I like Ms Black's vocals and timing. And Joni can write and play magical stuff. Her guitar tuning is always surprisingly refreshing. Thanks for introducing me to this one @Hoops66

Reaction Score
The song from Mary Black reminded me of this one.

Very nicely done. We went to Ellis Island with the intent to stay until the next ferry, just to say we'd been there. Four hours later we left with a whole new appreciation for this, now, very haunting place. It's a must place to see if one gets a chance.

Reaction Score
Swinging jazz from the Netherlands. Caro Emerald is a Dutch pop star with a number of Euro hits.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom