Something to keep an eye on in regards to Virus and AAC tournament | The Boneyard

Something to keep an eye on in regards to Virus and AAC tournament

Reaction Score

Some journalist said there’s a chance the board of trustees votes to not let UConn travel to the tournament. While personally I think the chances are zero that actually happens just wanna put it out there that it might be a possibility.

Reaction Score
For context, this is the original tweet he was replying to.

UConn took a massive PR hit after some guy tweeted that they are forcing workers to use vacation days. I thought it was quite overblown but I wouldn’t be shocked to see UConn do something to right a wrong, even in an extreme way.

Reaction Score
Ha yes this. I was going to say they could play the AAC tournament without a live audience. No one would notice the difference.
Lol. Too funny

Reaction Score
I work for UConn. The official statement relevant to within-US travel was:

“All faculty, staff and students are strongly encouraged to cancel or postpone all non-essential foreign and domestic travel at this time, including both professional and personal.”

interpreting that as “no travel” is incorrect

Curiouser
Reaction Score
After the announcement on Thursday at Gampel that the AAC had suspended the after-game handshake between the teams due to coronavirus precautions, I was surprised to see no such precautions after yesterday's game at Tulane.

Reaction Score
After the announcement on Thursday at Gampel that the AAC had suspended the after-game handshake between the teams due to coronavirus precautions, I was surprised to see no such precautions after yesterday's game at Tulane.

perhaps they took the approach that there were much worse diseases you could acquire on a trip to New Orleans even prior to the coronavirus concerns!

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
perhaps they took the approach that there were much worse diseases you could acquire on a trip to New Orleans even prior to the coronavirus concerns!
That's at least as good as good as what I was about to offer on the same basic theme.

Reaction Score
I work for UConn. The official statement relevant to within-US travel was:

“All faculty, staff and students are strongly encouraged to cancel or postpone all non-essential foreign and domestic travel at this time, including both professional and personal.”

interpreting that as “no travel” is incorrect

I just got out of morning meetings and have had a chance to check up on newest announcements. Just saw that this morning that they did indeed say no official state business travel outside of Connecticut For state employees. UConn hasn’t officially updated their info so I’m not sure if they are going to keep the previous language or make and even stronger statement about restricting student travel. So at this time, it seems that the absolute travel restrictions might only officially apply to the coaching staff…with that being able to be subject to a review and case by case approval process.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I’ve spent spring break at storrs and tbh I wouldn’t wish it on my worst enemy.

Not the greatest marketing slogan I've heard but in times like this, I guess roll with it.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Just check the Biogen coronavirus cases to see how easily this thing can spread.

Reaction Score

Hand hockey, I'm assuming across all sports, said they can't remove their gloves for the post game handshake

I guessing other sports will just suspend it all together

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom