Something that bothers me..... | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Something that bothers me.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Now that's something I haven't thought about in years, if not decades. I loved Child is Father to the Man and can still picture the album cover
Good memory, better taste! :D "Sometimes in Winter" is one of my favorite songs ever. I also liked the Erik Satie variations.

Reaction Score
Never understood the appeal of the baggy shorts.
Because you did not play basketball in the 60's and 70's like I did. Maybe you can get an old Celtics clip on YouTube. Those little shorts were DAMN uncomfortable. The whole time, you're tugging at them so they weren't like speedos. The best players were often guards and they confiscated the bigger shorts that were meant for the forwards and centers.

Answer to this thread: because girls want to look cute and appealing. Is that PC?

Reaction Score
I liked the bellbottoms with Dingo boots and a Levis jacket. In 1968, they were "outta sight".

One old fart to another- of these 3, the sexiest garment: hip-hugger bell bottoms, hot pants, or mini skirts? I vote hip-huggers.

Reaction Score
Because you did not play basketball in the 60's and 70's like I did.

Uhh do you know me? Do you know anything about me?

I played basketball and other sports in the 70s and 80s. Having lots of extra fabric flopping around while I'm running does not appeal to me.

Reaction Score
Uhh do you know me? Do you know anything about me?

I played basketball and other sports in the 70s and 80s. Having lots of extra fabric flopping around while I'm running does not appeal to me.
My bad, for assuming. (It makes an ass out of u and me)
Holy crap! You liked those shorts!!!!
Do you still wear speedos? Check out jammers, they're better!
5" running shorts or 9". I switched to 9 and it's not just because I'm not as cute as I used to be.

Reaction Score
Wow, interesting take on the origins of modern basketball uniforms.
Not sure baggy describes them. Maybe just longer.
Origins- I remember Bo Ellis at Marquette with Al McGuire. He was a designer of sorts.
NBA- Michael Jordan and the Bulls.
Could be a thread in itself.
(I’m an inner-city school teacher, so I have a bit of a feel for the prison fashion influence. Not sure it applies to basketball uni’s. More to long pants hanging low, exposing underwear.)

Reaction Score
I really don’t care what they put on their bodies (makeup etc, but I don’t like it when a player has altered her uniform to be different from the rest of the team. I think it makes them different from their teammates as a look at me statement and sometimes they carry it to extremes. I have a particular player from ND in mind when I posted this, as carrying it a little too far.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Wow, interesting take on the origins of modern basketball uniforms.
Not sure baggy describes them. Maybe just longer.
Origins- I remember Bo Ellis at Marquette with Al McGuire. He was a designer of sorts.
NBA- Michael Jordan and the Bulls.
Could be a thread in itself.
(I’m an inner-city school teacher, so I have a bit of a feel for the prison fashion influence. Not sure it applies to basketball uni’s. More to long pants hanging low, exposing underwear.)
hahahahaha inner-city, urban = jail. what a joke hahahaha we are getting carried away in this thread

Reaction Score
I really don’t care what they put on their bodies (makeup etc, but I don’t like it when a player has altered her uniform to be different from the rest of the team. I think it makes them different from their teammates as a look at me statement and sometimes they carry it to extremes. I have a particular player from ND in mind when I posted this, as carrying it a little too far.
Curious at to which one? I cant think of one that stands out off the top of my head.

Reaction Score
I loved the original BS&T. Not so much the one that became popular after Al left.
The subsequent BS&T was terrific. Far more influential in mainstream taste, compared to Blues Project. Horns on "call me the breeze" show Kooper wasn't above seeking radio success

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom