Something that bothers me..... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Something that bothers me.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
I don't like how the tucked shorts look either but at least I don't think any of the ND players wear theirs that way.

Adesmar123

Can you say UConn? I knew you could!
Reaction Score
I seem to recall that Bloomfield did not show up after the first session, so Stills sat in. Don't know the background or the why.

Again..very good!

Yeah he just put a note on Kooper's door that said he was going. Stills was one of many condsidered. History has proven that to be a good choice. Bloomfield's heroin habit had a lot to do with it.

One of the best stories is Kooper's organ intro input into the "Like a Rolling Stone" sessions. Good thing the session organ player left for coffee.

Bajan Best

Decades of Excellence = Legendary
Reaction Score
Same way the refs can make the players tuck their shirt tails in when shooting free throws, they should do the same for tucked in shorts. It's a team sport so in my opinion, what ever one person wears they all should wear in the same way. If they all want to tuck in that would be one thing...

Last edited:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I hate it as well. I also hate players who roll their jerseys around the shoulders - as if they are wearing mink stoles that somehow need to be tucked in as they get in the way of actual play.
I'm not a fan of the waste band roll especially at the college level. Just ask the kids how long they want their shorts to be and get them a pair that fits.

(Excuse me, I have to go, those dang kids are back in my yard...)

Reaction Score
Seems to me if you're given a uniform, you wear it the way it was designed. You don't like it, take it up with the coach or Nike or whoever.

Reaction Score
Do we really need a thread for this? You may not like it, but who cares? It's their choice, if their coaches allow it. This is as bad as those threads last summer of some players posing, which are inappropriate especially given the general demographics of this board. I usually ignore these threads, but seriously, can we just stop commenting on people's clothing/appearance?

IWearShoes

Mississippi State
Reaction Score
This just falls under "bigger fish to fry" for me. Besides, these types of fashion "adjustments" are how fashion changes over time.

That said, Sophie Cunningham looked a a tad bit ridiculous last night with the shortness of her shorts.

Reaction Score
At the game I’m at right now Michaela Onyenwere has on very short shorts. But they’re not rolled and they’re not tucked. They’re just cut that way and they look good - very athletic, and just fine alongside some of her teammates’ baggier shorts (unlike Sophie or Onyenwere’s last year’s teammate Monique Billings’ “diaper” look).

BD6CF146-BDDC-421F-9675-368264D02965.jpeg

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
Same way the refs can make the players tuck their shirt tails in when shooting free throws, they should do the same for tucked in shorts. It's a team sport so in my opinion, what ever one person wears they all should wear in the same way. If they all want to tuck in that would be one thing...
I agree. The same with baseball; some players wear their pants as low as the top of their shoes, or lower.
Others wear them the traditional way(jusr below the knees)....BUT, management does not want to upset anyone!.......I was never a fan of George Steinbrenner, with the Yankees, but he made everyone look like a member of a TEAM.

Reaction Score
No you’re right - about the bad photo (phone zoomed all the way, sorry), and the shorts. Full tuck mode now. She tucks them half way up in front - not the bottoms, at least avoiding the diaper look.

264C0ABE-3150-45E1-8137-B088E2D506AE.jpeg

And now, in BASKETBALL-related news, this game is coming down to the wire: 58-57 UCLA, ASU getting the ball after a TO with 43 seconds left.

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
I just read this entire thread and I can come to only one conclusion. They'll be no Pulitzer Prize for The Boneyard again this year.
How about CDFA Fashion Awards?

Reaction Score
Do we really need a thread for this? You may not like it, but who cares? It's their choice, if their coaches allow it. This is as bad as those threads last summer of some players posing, which are inappropriate especially given the general demographics of this board. I usually ignore these threads, but seriously, can we just stop commenting on people's clothing/appearance?
Thank you for posting a much tamer version of what I’ve been thinking. I doubt you’ll find this kind of discussion about men.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
OMG on this thread or let me put it in a term most of you can understand:

“Hey kid! Get off my lawn!”

First, the NCAA (and NBA, WNBA) mandate that the uniform be the same for all players, meaning the length has to be the same for each of them, if the team deigned it to be long, then all of them need to be long.
Second, the NCAA allows players to wear T-shirt’s under their jersey on an individual basis (whereas the NBA does not)

I understand the look is not a good fashion statement but this isn’t a fashion show, it’s a competition and I am fine with however they want to wear them. It’s no worse than Chennedy Carter and her Pippy Longstocking look with one leg sleeve and one arm sleeve.

My gosh, belbottoms were Gawd awful look as well....

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
They're less baggy and probably more comfortable than wearing them as longer, baggier shorts.

Some players don't like the long or baggy type shorts. If you remember A'ja Wilson had shorts modified for her at South Carolina. Her shorts where always shorter and a little more snug than her teammates.

She wears her shorts the same way now for the Aces. Player preference. I played when the shorts were just that, SHORT. I hated it. I was long gone by the time the baggy style shorts became popular. The baggy shorts are less restrictive.

That said, I do agree with the OP. I think each player should be allowed to select the type of shorts they wear. Short and snug, or long and baggy. I don't care for the "tuck" look, but I can live with it. :confused:

Reaction Score
Yup..An amazing guy.
He started B,S&T and then quit just before they became a super group.

Google or rock afficoando?
I loved the original BS&T. Not so much the one that became popular after Al left.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I've heard Delle Donne give the explanation that she considers her eye makeup to be her "war paint". I guess if it's part of your pre-game routine and it's something that gives you confidence, go for it.

That said, I personally do think some people take it so far they look a little silly.

You have players on both sides of the fence on this issue. Some players NEVER wear make up during a game.
They don't care what they look like on the court. That's not their concern.

We can all name players that never wore/wear makeup, and we can name some who did/do. While other players would not dream of taking the court in anything less that FULL makeup, with their hair and nails done. Vanity comes in different forms. :D

Rocket009

Santa Cruz. CA
Reaction Score
But I guess I'm just a fuddy duddy because I also don't get players getting all dolled up for games - makeup, lipstick, huge false eyelashes, etc. I just look at the TV like WTF??? :rolleyes:

A big difference between TN and UCONN. I guess a Southern girl needs to look her best at all times :)

Reaction Score
Kooper fan from Dylan days, and B,S And T, Super Session and his other collaborations. He also "discovered" Lynyrd Skynyrd. Quite a storied career, with influence on many other acts. First B, S ,and T album , Child Is Father to The Man, is one of my favorites. While other people wanted to become stars, he just wanted to play great music. Good question by the way. :)
Now that's something I haven't thought about in years, if not decades. I loved Child is Father to the Man and can still picture the album cover

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
OMG on this thread or let me put it in a term most of you can understand:

“Hey kid! Get off my lawn!”

First, the NCAA (and NBA, WNBA) mandate that the uniform be the same for all players, meaning the length has to be the same for each of them, if the team deigned it to be long, then all of them need to be long.
Second, the NCAA allows players to wear T-shirt’s under their jersey on an individual basis (whereas the NBA does not)

I understand the look is not a good fashion statement but this isn’t a fashion show, it’s a competition and I am fine with however they want to wear them. It’s no worse than Chennedy Carter and her Pippy Longstocking look with one leg sleeve and one arm sleeve.

My gosh, belbottoms were Gawd awful look as well....
I liked the bellbottoms with Dingo boots and a Levis jacket. In 1968, they were "outta sight".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom