Something that bothers me..... | The Boneyard

Something that bothers me.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
After watching 1st half of Tennesse/Notre Dame I realized that I hate the trend where the ladies wear their shorts like diapers, pulling the legs of the shorts and tucking them in around their upper thighs. It looks disgusting.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
After watching 1st half of Tennesse/Notre Dame I realized that I hate the trend where the ladies wear their shorts like diapers, pulling the legs of the shorts and tucking them in around their upper thighs. It looks disgusting.

They're less baggy and probably more comfortable than wearing them as longer, baggier shorts.

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
Both men and women players should never had abandoned the wearing of short shorts years ago....BUT, everyone wanted to follow the trend set by Michael Jordan.
Think about it....the fastest runners in any sport(track stars) want to be about to move as fast as they can----so, they wear SHORT shorts........................(1957: Royal Teens sang, SHORT SHORTS

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Both men and women players should never had abandoned the wearing of short shorts years ago....BUT, everyone wanted to follow the trend set by Michael Jordan.
Think about it....the fastest runners in any sport(track stars) want to be about to move as fast as they can----so, they wear SHORT shorts....(1957: Royal Teens sang, SHORT SHORTS

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I hate it as well. I also hate players who roll their jerseys around the shoulders - as if they are wearing mink stoles that somehow need to be tucked in as they get in the way of actual play.

As for the wind resistance arguments, come on people. we aren't talking about track or swimming where milliseconds can mean the difference between winning and losing. UCONN has NEVER allowed players to alter or adjust their uniforms in any way, shape, or form. I dislike that other teams allow players to "personalize" their uni's because it smacks of "look at me - i'm a princess/prima donna/peacock".

But I guess I'm just a fuddy duddy because I also don't get players getting all dolled up for games - makeup, lipstick, huge false eyelashes, etc. I just look at the TV like WTF??? :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
I hate it as well. I also hate players who roll their jerseys around the shoulders - as if they are wearing mink stoles that somehow need to be tucked in as they get in the way of actual play.

As for the wind resistance arguments, come on people. we aren't talking about track or swimming where milliseconds can mean the difference between winning and losing. UCONN has NEVER allowed players to alter or adjust their uniforms in any way, shape, or form. I dislike that other teams allow players to "personalize" their uni's because it smacks of "look at me - i'm a princess/prima donna/peacock".

But I guess I'm just a fuddy duddy because I also don't get players getting all dolled up for games - makeup, lipstick, huge false eyelashes, etc. I just look at the TV like WTF??? :rolleyes:

Have not heard them two words in many moons...showing your age Eric. :rolleyes:

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Think about it....the fastest runners in any sport(track stars) want to be about to move as fast as they can----so, they wear SHORT shorts....(1957: Royal Teens sang, SHORT SHORTS

They would keep Nair in business.

Adesmar123

Can you say UConn? I knew you could!
Reaction Score

What do the Royal Teens and Blood Sweat and Tears have in common?

Reaction Score
Never understood the appeal of the baggy shorts.
I agree they are not very utilitarian. Make no sense what so ever except to correspond to a stupid thug baggy style which originated in juvenile halls. They wore oversized pants because they were not fitted to the inmates size rather just always given larger sizes that hung down since they were not allowed belts. The baggy clothes were also ideal for hiding weapons. So the term thug style clothes is very appropriate since the style began in places of incarceration. They wore the same style once the got out because it gave them street cred displaying that they had done time.

Reaction Score
I can see being annoyed by a fashion trend, if that's what this is, (which is about where I stand on this one), or disliking it. But disgusted? There are so many other things in this world to be disgusted about, serious things, or at least more serious than this.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I can see being annoyed by a fashion trend, if that's what this is, (which is about where I stand on this one), or disliking it. But disgusted? There are so many other things in this world to be disgusted about, serious things, or at least more serious than this.
True, but when life is as wonderful as ours (UCONN fans) is, what are you gonna do?

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Agree, you're a basketball player, not a model.

Adesmar123

Reaction Score
Al Kooper?

Yup..An amazing guy.
He started B,S&T and then quit just before they became a super group.

Google or rock afficoando?

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
1548425703009.png

Eeeuuuu!

For college basketball players, long shorts might finally be taking a seat

https://www.washingtonpost.com/spor...ory.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.bed0c081da60

Bama fan

Reaction Score
Yup..An amazing guy.
He started B,S&T and then quit just before they became a super group.

Google or rock afficoando?
Kooper fan from Dylan days, and B,S And T, Super Session and his other collaborations. He also "discovered" Lynyrd Skynyrd. Quite a storied career, with influence on many other acts. First B, S ,and T album , Child Is Father to The Man, is one of my favorites. While other people wanted to become stars, he just wanted to play great music. Good question by the way. :)

Adesmar123

Reaction Score
Have you read Backstage Passes? It's a great description of the rock industry.

Do you know the story of why the Super Session album has a side of Mike Bloomfield and a side of Stills?

Reaction Score
They're less baggy and probably more comfortable than wearing them as longer, baggier shorts.
Some long shorts when you sweat drag on the legs and inhibit good movement
If they hire a tailor, they can have them custom made to remove the problem. OR
The Coach should order shorter shorts.

Bama fan

Reaction Score
Have you read Backstage Passes? It's a great description of the rock industry.

Do you know the story of why the Super Session album has a side of Mike Bloomfield and a side of Stills?
I seem to recall that Bloomfield did not show up after the first session, so Stills sat in. Don't know the background or the why.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score

I've heard Delle Donne give the explanation that she considers her eye makeup to be her "war paint". I guess if it's part of your pre-game routine and it's something that gives you confidence, go for it.

That said, I personally do think some people take it so far they look a little silly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom