Something I (we) take for granted... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Something I (we) take for granted...

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
having a national identity of being a tough out in March is cool. I'd rather have that identity attached to a better conference.

I'd love to have an identity of being in the group of schools with 5 or more championships. In the meantime being pesty in March is okay.

March isn't over til UConn says it's over?

Reaction Score
having a national identity of being a tough out in March is cool. I'd rather have that identity attached to a better conference.

I'd love to have an identity of being in the group of schools with 5 or more championships. In the meantime being pesty in March is okay.

Yep it is a great identity agree.

Just opened up work email and 5 guys I've met in national meetings with similar college basketball fandom (1-UMass, 2- Cuse, 1 UNC and 1 Wake) sent anything from "It's UConn time, good luck KC" to "Here we go again you pr**ks" LOL.....it's real!!!

Reaction Score
Yep it is a great identity agree.

Just opened up work email and 5 guys I've met in national meetings with similar college basketball fandom (1-UMass, 2- Cuse, 1 UNC and 1 Wake) sent anything from "It's UConn time, good luck KC" to "Here we go again you pr**ks" LOL.....it's real!!!

And there it is... We may be down this year, our conference may suck , we might have a message board poster like JSM, but there is a precedent that good things happen for us in March. I love that.

Reaction Score
But no! It's an average win! Stop comparing this dumpster fire to past great teams!

Edit: I just can't help myself, every time I see a weird, annoyed response, I know JSM was in here, and i MUST read his analysis.

As always, he never fails.

The weird thing is, he's not even a poster that SOME people find honest, refreshing, insightful, anything.

Literally every other person on this message board thinks he's insane and doesn't agree with a single point... I honestly wonder how that feels, to just disagree vehemently with everything known to man?
JSM is not insane, he's just a miserable .

Reaction Score
It was just nice to see the XL alive again. 5k cheering our guts out.
We can make a difference.
Big game tonite at the XL -that sounds pretty darn good to me.

Reaction Score
It was just nice to see the XL alive again. 5k cheering our guts out.
We can make a difference.
Big game tonite at the XL -that sounds pretty darn good to me.

Bring the best Meriden has CC ;)

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Last night was yet another partial game for me. End-of-season stumbles changed some expectations around aligning the family calendar and watching the games.

Thursday, I got scheduled for a couples date Spanish wine tasting at Barcelona and then we extended things with a yummy meal at Mecha Noodle Bar (New Haven), so I missed a lousy game.

Last night, I scheduled us for the Anat Cohen Quartet at Yale's Schwarzman Center - excellent! We returned home 5 minutes into the 2nd half, and I enjoyed watching (mostly) made free throws, reduced turnovers (by then), and defensive stops to maintain the lead (augmented by clutch 3s). It's enough to make me want to keep watching.

Today's timing allows me to go back for another great free concert this afternoon - Maria Schneider Orchestra. Assuming a delay for the scheduled 5pm start, I'll get to attend some or all of a gallery talk in the neighborhood before watching this evening's game, as we host our almost 10 year old granddaughter (and dog). Yes, I'm looking forward to it and, as always, want to see some good basketball.

It's a different kind of year, but it's still March, and I'm situated to co-host 3 more grandkids & their parents for an anniversary brunch tomorrow, and I committed here yesterday to heading up to Hartford for a Finals game if that's what presents itself. If not, it'll playing with the kids while their mom & dad get some anniversary time-off, and then joining neighbors for our weekly rotating soup group pot luck.

Again, it's a balance of options and fandom. Go Huskies.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
We all would but from 3/7/17 through 3/12/17 what exactly can anyone do about that?

I know, being part of the considerably larger group with four or more championships is so damned humiliating.

That goes without saying.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
So now, beating a bubble team who was playing for their NCAA tourney lives was a "blah" win? As others have said, this will not make the UCONN Greatest Victories reel, but let's not act like it was against the Sisters of Mercy either.

And it's March. Even in the worst years, people see us on their side of a bracket and are like, "oh damn..."

Reaction Score
They weren't a bubble team, they had to win the tourney the same way UConn has to.

Houston blows. 3 top 100 wins, 4 top 100 losses. Their best win was against Rhode Island. They lost by 19 to a 10-21 awful LSU team.

So now, beating a bubble team who was playing for their NCAA tourney lives was a "blah" win? As others have said, this will not make the UCONN Greatest Victories reel, but let's not act like it was against the Sisters of Mercy either.

And it's March. Even in the worst years, people see us on their side of a bracket and are like, "oh damn..."

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
They weren't a bubble team, they had to win the tourney the same way UConn has to.

Houston blows. 3 top 100 wins, 4 top 100 losses. Their best win was against Rhode Island. They lost by 19 to a 10-21 awful LSU team.

They were in the "last four out" prior to the game last night according to Lunardi. They were a 20 win team. They had the highest scorer in the league.

Don't act like a clown and pronounce that this win was crap. It wasn't...

Reaction Score
They were in the "last four out" prior to the game last night according to Lunardi. They were a 20 win team. They had the highest scorer in the league.

Agree. It wasn't a win against a great team. It was a great win against a good team, and one that was needed from any number perspectives. The great win against a great team usually comes only after winning the smaller battles. This as a hell of an important small battle.

Reaction Score
If UConn loses today by 18, which is the average of the 2 other games, I'm not going to remember this as the year UConn won a quarterfinal game against a crap Houston team.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
If UConn loses today by 18, which is the average of the 2 other games, I'm not going to remember this as the year UConn won a quarterfinal game against a crap Houston team.

Because you're not a fan. A fan doesn't marginalize good moments. A fan enjoys them. You can call it crap all you want because you probably don't give a damn about this team. You're likely one of those 6 year olds throwing a tantrum like another poster mentioned...

Reaction Score

Ya, they were a bubble team.

"As bubble teams go, Houston was sort of strange. It's hard to be on the bubble for as long as the Cougars were -- for most of the past month, with only rare interruption -- without making a move one way or the other. Houston won a fair number of games, ably handled the majority of the ugly American, failed to hang with either Cincinnati or SMU in any of its four opportunities, and just sort of quietly hovered along toward the bottom end of the at-large discussion, always a step or two removed. Credit the consistency, at least. Houston's studious aversion to bad losses -- and its extended wallflower pose along the bubble fringe -- ended Friday after a loss to Connecticut."

Uconn knocked them off the bubble. They needed this win and a win at cincy so bad, Uconn said "Nope". This is a good win over a decent team. Nothing more, nothing less. Uconn could have folded, especially after what happened the last Houston game, what happened to end the season vs cincy and what happened against a USF team Uconn had recently beat by 50. Having to actually work for a win against a team like that (usf) COULD BE very demoralizing, so it was impressive to see how uconn came out against houston and did not fold when down 20-9. Considering everything that came before it, that was indeed a good win last night.

Reaction Score

JSM doesn't need to act....being a clown obviously comes naturally to him, as he's proven over and over and over

Reaction Score
And I will remember this as the year of the idiotic poster.....with YOU holding the crown

Reaction Score
Uconn COULD very well lose by 18...But all I can say to that, sir, is dare to dream....Uconn has been a part of some strange "goings on" in March.

Yes, dare to dream sir.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score

I have to actually thank JSM now. In an ironic twist, calling him a clown resulted in my 10,000th "like". We are forever linked in Boneyard history now... :eek:

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I have to actually thank JSM now. In an ironic twist, calling him a clown resulted in my 10,000th "like". We are forever linked in Boneyard history now... :eek:
Getting a like for calling him a clown is kind of like getting a like for saying water is wet.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score

You can always tell a great win when the number of whiners who post whining posts was less than ten toes.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom