Some thoughts on last nites game | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Some thoughts on last nites game

Reaction Score
We can win with Lou playing like she did last night. Maybe 1-3 instead of 1-6. If we're counting on Lou riding to the rescue, we're sunk. In fact, we could win without her. Let's approach the rest of the year with the idea that anything she gives us is a bonus. She's a leader. She has rapport with her teammates. Tributes to her! She was a bit of a glue guy last night. Not overwhelmingly so, but nonetheless.
Having said all that, I wouldn't freak if Geno got her some rest, so the 5 that started in the conference tournament could get some run together. I thought of that last night.
I disagree. I think we cannot beat Louisville without a lot of efficient outside shooting. And I think Lou is playing at about 70%, and she cannot get her " bounce" into her shot. Unless Olivia changes into super-player overnight, I think this is as far as we can go.

Reaction Score
I disagree. I think we cannot beat Louisville without a lot of efficient outside shooting. And I think Lou is playing at about 70%, and she cannot get her " bounce" into her shot. Unless Olivia changes into super-player overnight, I think this is as far as we can go.
Hoping you’re wrong!
I think we can actually win a slugfest if we play like we did in the conference tournament. If we get stops and shoot well.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Here's the deal: if UConn shoot 52 - 54 percent and make the threes with regularity as it did in the first game against Towson, then they will beat Louisville despite any physical play attempted. It's going to be all about accurate shooting. They are about due for this and to light up the scoreboards. Here's hoping.

Well, sure, I'd hope we'd beat the GS Warriors shooting north of 50 percent while raining down threes on 'em! ;)

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Wow oh wow can I agree with this.!!! If KLS has not given US fans 4 solid years of pleasure and injuries and playing with those injures--who deserve more respect, more thank you's. If UC is relying on KLS to win games--forget it, be thankful she is even on the floor. I'd like to see her sitting 30 minutes but REALITY is : Her height and board play and decoy play (for Collier or CW scoring) is needed. Uconn played well without her against AAC's that true. But this is a horse of a different color. I hate that she must play as hurt as she is (courage is spelled Katie Lou) but I doubt Uc win's without her on the floor.

She is rapidly becoming one of my favorite Huskies of all time, regardless of tomorrow's outcome. Willis Reed has got nothing on Lou.

Reaction Score
Interesting that on Senior Day Lou was hurt in the first half. I watched as she came out for the second half. In warm up her shooting was extremely sharp! Even in between the twisting and bending to try to loosen her back she was draining 3 after 3. Obviously she was hobbled once the game restarted.
So I suspect Lou's current difficulties are more about trouble cutting and running into a rhythm. I think if she can get into a rhythm and spot up for a stationary three she can do fine.

Reaction Score
Hoping you’re wrong!
I think we can actually win a slugfest if we play like we did in the conference tournament. If we get stops and shoot well.
Random thoughts

Gotta do the math.

Plebe posted 120 as an over under.

In a game where Durr and Phessa can cover 50pts on their own.

Lou took 6 - SIX , shots last night.

Was that by accident ? Or Design ?

6 shot attempts - and it didn’t appear they ran anything for her

Coulda been a sandbag last night, as I never got the sense that UCLA was gonna win even for a second. Geno always had matchup advantages to go to.

The problem with LV is gonna be with our D. Both Durr and Evans can go thru our, until now, Swiss cheese perimeter D.

Gotta take down the 2nd and 3rd scorers. I don’t see us shutting down Durr.

Can’t play Mikayla cuz we need POINTS at all times.

Reaction Score
Random thoughts

Gotta do the math.

Plebe posted 120 as an over under.

In a game where Durr and Phessa can cover 50pts on their own.

Lou took 6 - SIX , shots last night.

Was that by accident ? Or Design ?

6 shot attempts - and it didn’t appear they ran anything for her

Coulda been a sandbag last night, as I never got the sense that UCLA was gonna win even for a second. Geno always had matchup advantages to go to.

The problem with LV is gonna be with our D. Both Durr and Evans can go thru our, until now, Swiss cheese perimeter D.

Gotta take down the 2nd and 3rd scorers. I don’t see us shutting down Durr.

Can’t play Mikayla cuz we need POINTS at all times.
Geno hasn’t had his big game yet either. He’s got some cards up his sleeve. Remember Kia shutting down Durr in that box and one? I can’t wait to see how we come out tomorrow!

Reaction Score
Geno hasn’t had his big game yet either. He’s got some cards up his sleeve. Remember Kia shutting down Durr in that box and one? I can’t wait to see how we come out tomorrow!
I do remember that, and he only ran it for the 1st half I think —— but that was Kia.

But what ya gonna do about Evans and Carter.

We gonna need points - if we don’t get them from Lou - where they gonna come from

That’s the math part

Reaction Score
We scored 69 pts last nite and LVille scored 61. I like our chances against them. Its gonna be a hard fought game. I also expect Lou to be a decoy once again leaving somebody(s) open to score. Lou can score against LVille and UConn will be open from the outside. UConn 67 LVille 58

Game scores of opponents against other teams mean absolutely nothing! The only way UConn has a chance against Louisville will be if Lou magically regains her shooting touch. And, if her teammates can somehow find the ability to set good screens for her. Both feats are highly unlikely! Other than getting the ball inside to Pheesa, UConn has no offensive plan whatsoever. There has to be something seriously wrong with Lou physically. Forget the fact that she can no longer shoot effectively, why hasn't the coaching staff had her crashing the board for offensive rebounds and easy put backs? It makes no sense to have her basically just roam from one corner to the other. She's proven all season long she can't consistently score from the outside. So have her do something where she can score inside, or get fouled in the process, or both.

Reaction Score
Game scores of opponents against other teams mean absolutely nothing! The only way UConn has a chance against Louisville will be if Lou magically regains her shooting touch. And, if her teammates can somehow find the ability to set good screens for her. Both feats are highly unlikely! Other than getting the ball inside to Pheesa, UConn has no offensive plan whatsoever. There has to be something seriously wrong with Lou physically. Forget the fact that she can no longer shoot effectively, why hasn't the coaching staff had her crashing the board for offensive rebounds and easy put backs? It makes no sense to have her basically just roam from one corner to the other. She's proven all season long she can't consistently score from the outside. So have her do something where she can score inside, or get fouled in the process, or both.
I would rather her be on the bench than to watch her struggle like this. It is painful to watch because she is a senior and I hate for her to have to go out like this.

Reaction Score
I would rather her be on the bench than to watch her struggle like this. It is painful to watch because she is a senior and I hate for her to have to go out like this.

She would hate to go out sitting on the bench. She didn’t playin the last ch game due to injuries. I think she would rather go out fighting like the warrior she is.
Loooooooouuuuu.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom