Some students who vandalized campus during championship celebration expelled | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Some students who vandalized campus during championship celebration expelled

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
They "screwed" around....and they found out. They are too stupid to be university graduates.

Hopefully, they will learn and grow.

Reaction Score
Some Walgreens stores are now similar to Service Merchandise. It sucks to go buy underwear at Walmart and it is locked up. You have to call for help and they never come
Better to just order online, and avoid the long lines at some of these places.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Depends on the situation

Its Happening Mtv GIF by Jersey Shore Family Vacation

Reaction Score
It'll be in the DSM-5 as a mental disorder (i.e. criminal defense) by the end of the decade.
Every generation helps to add pages. Of course, this kind of behavior isn't exactly new.

Reaction Score
When kids see on TV it appears to be ok for groups of people to destroy cities - they mimic and think its ok for them
Destroying other people's properties for is unacceptable at any age but once you are in college you should know better.
Alcohol will make some folks crazy.
Only can point the fingers at themselves.
What a waste.
Exactly. It’s understandable why this behavior happened. This generation of kids for the past 3 years have watched unabated looting of stores and the mass destruction of property with no consequences for the criminal behavior.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I don't want to be a hypocrite. I did dumb things at UConn (and before and after). I was one of the first to drop a couch on a bonfire after Tate's shot. Quite frankly, I don't know how people beat us to the punch because I remember being out there seconds after the ball hit the floor.

That being said, this current generation doesn't seem to understand controlled chaos. We burned stuff, but it was generally our own stuff and it was remarkably controlled in a quad. Of course, it was dumb, but it seems different now. Tearing down lamp posts that fall on fellow students, using that post as a battering ram to destroy school buildings, flipping cop cars? My kids in high school don't have parties to go to anymore because their class mates destroyed the house every time. When I was their age, the biggest football players would kick the crap out of someone trying to mess with the host house. Why? Because we wanted that person to host again (so we could do dumb things).

It's sad that kids will be expelled for celebrating. Hopefully, they learn from this and all the other students at UConn learn as well.

I generally understand your comment and don't even necessarily disagree but you have to laugh at the couch burning guy pontificating about how the things were back then compared to today lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom