Some Guy: UConn close to signing Hurley | Page 78 | The Boneyard

Some Guy: UConn close to signing Hurley

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I remember the first part for sure, the second one not so much. The vast majority of posters here acknowledged the struggles we would face but still felt we are a strong enough brand to grab a top notch coach like Hurley.
4561E3B8-FA40-4507-976A-EA9DC0A9890B.jpeg

Reaction Score
He just got a raise and contract extension last year right? He can't keep flirting with other schools and expect URI to keep finding more money. I think he leaves URI but no idea if it's UConn or Pitt.

Reaction Score
From Pitt board's moderator:
Just confirmed that the decision will come today. Not sure of time yet, but it is coming soon. Those close to Hurley have said that he has basically been in a bunker with his family. Not sure anyone around him even knows outside of his family.

Reaction Score
And really those numbers are horribly skewed downwards due to ECU/USF. If they just become below average rather than horrible, the league jumps the Pac-12
Sure, but the A10 has a number of clunkers, too.

But their clunkers (Fordham, for instance) don't seem like they're all that serious about improving. Almost everyone in the AAC has made serious hires for basketball, and ECU just fired their crappy coach hoping to hire the UMBC coach.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The West Coasters were holding their own...
Well it was late at night and there wasn't much going on...

Reaction Score
well he did go to school there and play basketball there... though I'm sure you knew that, right?

Yes. And I still honestly think he'd rather take any of the 3 jobs we're talking about than coach his alma mater.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score

Bring a General Grant if you want change.

Reaction Score
If you’re a Jimmy Buffet cover guy then sure.
Had sailboats for years and docked my boat on Banisters Wharf for major holiday weekends. Actually saw Jimmy Buffet getting off Shamrock, a huge old one design sailboat. Apparently he came to Newport from Florida to crew on it so you may have a better chance of parrot head run in in Newport rather than Pittsburgh.

Reaction Score
You guys are missing the obvious other possibility.

There is a job he wants that isn’t UConn or Pitt and isn’t open yet.

Just spitballin here but Turgeon could be out at Maryland next year.

Stay a year at URI show you gave them a chance and then the job you want is open and away you go.

Yep.

Makes ALOT of sense. Keep building a resume at URI until the power 5 that he wants opens up.

Reaction Score
Yep.

Makes ALOT of sense. Keep building a resume at URI until the power 5 that he wants opens up.

This makes no sense at all. Why would URI go into this knowing he would leave in a couple years. Info their offer to him was for 10 years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom