Some Guy: UConn close to signing Hurley | Page 73 | The Boneyard

Some Guy: UConn close to signing Hurley

Status
Not open for further replies.

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
How does Pitt take Miller given the AZ investigation? What am I missing?

How does Hurley take UConn given last coach fired for alleged NCAA violations? What if Hurley was scared by what he heard from DB regarding the pending investigation….if violations true and bad enough, job certainly not as attractive to guy with options...just asking…

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
True. Providence just sucks less.

But Hartford is starting to improve. Front Street is nice, the Yard Goats stadium is very nice, the Science Center brings in a lot of traffic, UConn has improved the area with the development. It's still disjointed thanks to 84 cutting through, but it's improving.
We need Federal infrastructure money to fix that and we need to be foresighted in the redesign with an emphasis on reuniting the city as well as moving traffic.

To paraphrase a personal hero of mine "It's go time... and don't half-ass it this time."

Reaction Score
From Pitt Board. Any confirmation out there?
upload_2018-3-21_10-34-29.png

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Amazingly, it seems we are once again in the "perfect storm" situation for a UConn nad kick: we are bidding against one school willing to pay its existing coach a loyalty bonus in terms of years and guaranteed payout to basically ensure his defining legacy there; and another school that is desperate and flush with resources from its P5 affiliation. And because of our own fiscal constraints and conference affiliation we are not in position to match either the years of the former or the payout of the latter.

Reaction Score
and like tcf said they offered 10 years so they money would be the same or close to it as UConn's 5 years
not directed at you...just a comment...

The "same money" over twice the length of the contract isn't the "same money". It's closer to half depending on if/when he renews.

Reaction Score
True. Providence just sucks less.

But Hartford is starting to improve. Front Street is nice, the Yard Goats stadium is very nice, the Science Center brings in a lot of traffic, UConn has improved the area with the development. It's still disjointed thanks to 84 cutting through, but it's improving.

You guys are comparing Providence to the wrong CT city . . .

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Man, its tough working today with excessive diarrhea.

#HurleyWatch
What is a reasonable amount of diarrhea for you... ah, never mind, I don't need to know.

Reaction Score
I will never claim to be plugged in like others here, but I do know someone who works up at Storrs that I trust who is now saying that they are not all that confident anymore. I don't know what has changed and I would prefer if someone who has more of a track record could comment on this. Really don't want this to be accurate.

Reaction Score
I'm starting to think we're going to get a strong and swift kick in the nuts.

But I'm not worried, there are other coaches, and I'm sure DB has a backup plan. Just because we don't know who the next options are, doesn't mean there aren't any.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Ours is in Manchester. You can take the CTfasttrack right to it from downtown. Do we win yet?

Why not just live in or near Manchester? Problem solved!

Reaction Score
This will not be good.

This is such a similar feeling to the days leading up to Lville getting the nod over us to the ACC. We had it in the bag until we didn't. This is just like that in that most saw Hurley as the next coach until the last second....the very name of this thread could be the narrative for the last 4 years...UCONN close...but no cigar

Reaction Score
New Haven > Providence
but Newport > New Haven.

IDK, I lived in Newport and I work/live in New Haven now. If I had to live in one, I'd much rather live in New Haven. Newport is too touristy. Food is much better in New Haven and I know how good some of the food is in Newport.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom