Some Guy: UConn close to signing Hurley | Page 17 | The Boneyard

Some Guy: UConn close to signing Hurley

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
im sorry but anyone who turns down tripling their salary is an idiot.
It costs more $ to move the program forward than it does to give him a raise. They can’t do either.

Reaction Score
It’s a done deal. Hurley just needs to make it official on his own terms i.e. tell URI himself rather than having them hear it from the media. We have nothing to be worried about.

Why is UConn "on the verge" lately.....I was convinced were in the ACC until we weren't, Diallo was scheduling classes until he wasn't, so I'll hold off buying the Hurley "it's a done deal" narrative until the press conference with the words coming out of Hurley's mouth.....it's not a done deal until then.

Every 20 minutes when WFAN reports "UConn is likely to name Hurley the new coach" it just feels like the kiss of death.....almost assuming now it's not going to happen.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
From the URI board lol
Just blowing smoke I think. Has anyone (signed up to) call him out?

Looks like it got erased...it was from golocalprov.com a site that breaks Providence and RI news...says Hurley leaving URI to take UConn job

Screen shots folks, screen shots! Copy, paste in paint, save, upload.

Reaction Score
I’m going to have to lose the KO stink face avatar.
Here's a decent alternative

Attachments

• IMG_1787.JPG
    IMG_1787.JPG
    251.5 KB · Views: 143
Reaction Score
"Moving the program forward?" WTF does this even mean?
Investing the millions of dollars into a new practice facility, ass't coaches salaries, and chartered flight - which as everyone knows they do not have the money to do now nor in the future

nadav

I hit skins for the hell of it
Reaction Score
Hope those guys on the bus get 13 years in the NBA and coach a NCAA title. Chances aren’t very good!

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Investing the millions of dollars into a new practice facility, ass't coaches salaries, and chartered flight - which as everyone knows they do not have the money to do now nor in the future

Right. That's kind of what I was getting at. They've done all that for him in his other extensions before. So they're going to need to come up with some other ideas to "move the program forward" in the next 24 hours or he's gone.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
My buddy's brother is at UConn now and sat behind two basketball players on the bus. Overheard them making fun of KO and talking about being excited about Hurley
Vital was instagram live earlier today posting videos of some poor sap in new balance trainers trying to guard Jalen in the rec center. I bet it was him and he’s bitter.

Reaction Score
No article with that. Just a photo with the text
And, Hurley's looking at the little-followed tweeter and his tweet funny.

Post-signature ink drying on Hurley's UConn contract, DH and his family embarking on their 90 minute drive from Kingston/East Greenwich to Storrs, and DH completing his "UConn's new men's hoop coach" news conference, more than a few of us will be convinced the hoops' program remains mired in the last few years of despair. C'mon AD David Benedict, onward and upward ... go Huskies!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom