Some Guy: UConn close to signing Hurley | Page 72 | The Boneyard

Some Guy: UConn close to signing Hurley

Status
Not open for further replies.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Hurley lives in Saunderstown.

Ok, I make that drive quite often in the summer from Tolland County. It's a solid 80ish minutes to get to the traffic lights on route 4.

Reaction Score
8 and 10 years?! I think that’s way too much for the coach and the school. 5 is perfect for both parties. Hurley gets to recruit his players and see them through and both aren’t locked in to these long contracts. If he’s winning then 5 years will get the extensions and more money
Who knows what the market looks like in 5 years. He could be drastically underpaid. More likely that than overpaid. If I were him, unless I thought I might fail, I wouldn't want the longer contract. He isn't a player where an injury can ruin your career, etc.

the Q

Reaction Score
8 and 10 years?! I think that’s way too much for the coach and the school. 5 is perfect for both parties. Hurley gets to recruit his players and see them through and both aren’t locked in to these long contracts. If he’s winning then 5 years will get the extensions and more money

Yeah. I think most coaches need 5 years to be properly evaluated (basically see one recruiting class all the way through). 10 years guaranteed seems like an insane risk right now.

Reaction Score

I understand it a little more for URI, but Pitt is out of their damn minds. If that offer is true it's pure desperation

the Q

Reaction Score
Maybe URI did match the total payout of UConn's contract offer, but it just takes an extra 5 years for Hurley to get it.

#lawyered.

Reaction Score
Hurley lives in Saunderstown.

That's a nice part of the world. Glad they can keep that house and still coach UCONN.

1.5 hours. That's not too bad, really.

upload_2018-3-21_10-25-12.png

Reaction Score

URI blog said it was same total $ but over 10 years

the Q

Reaction Score
That's a nice part of the world. Glad they can keep that house and still coach UCONN.

1.5 hours. That's not too bad, really.

View attachment 29698

Amazing how 3 different routes all take about the same time....90 minutes.

the Q

Reaction Score
Providence > Hartford

They're on the same tier for me.

But since P does have D&B, it's a legit claim to be above Hartford.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Yeah. I think most coaches need 5 years to be properly evaluated (basically see one recruiting class all the way through). 10 years guaranteed seems like an insane risk right now.
and like tcf said they offered 10 years so they money would be the same or close to it as UConn's 5 years

Reaction Score
Both suck
True. Providence just sucks less.

But Hartford is starting to improve. Front Street is nice, the Yard Goats stadium is very nice, the Science Center brings in a lot of traffic, UConn has improved the area with the development. It's still disjointed thanks to 84 cutting through, but it's improving.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Watching this thread is like watching a two year old child at an amusement park. If you turn away or get distracted by having to do some work or something, you can get five pages behind, just like losing your kid in the crowd at the amusement park.

Then you become a page chaser. New pages are added faster than you can keep up with while reading. You can't fall too far behind or you're doomed.

Reaction Score
They're on the same tier for me.

But since P does have D&B, it's a legit claim to be above Hartford.
Ours is in Manchester. You can take the CTfasttrack right to it from downtown. Do we win yet?

the Q

Reaction Score
Ours is in Manchester. You can take the CTfasttrack right to it from downtown. Do we win yet?

Manchester does not equal hartford.

So no. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member