Some Guy: UConn close to signing Hurley | Page 27 | The Boneyard

Some Guy: UConn close to signing Hurley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Obviously, I'd rather win a title too. But the only programs that won in that time frame were Cuse and UConn (Louisville was in the AAC).

But swap out a decade of a ton of success for 1 Final 4 like WV, Georgetown, Marquete, Nova? Maybe.
Louisville won in the last year of the Big East. We won in the first year of the AAC.

West Virginia, Marquette, Georgetown, and Nova all had success outside of that year as well. I'd rather be them.

Reaction Score
One of the best, yes, but not the best. Uconn gets that honor! I guess Cuse, Pitt and Nova can fight over who gets second, I don't care, ...
More like UConn 7, Georgetown 7, Syracuse 5, Nova 4* (2+ in NBE) and Pitt 2 trails behind StJ 3, even BCU 3, and Loserville 3# (1 NBE or AAC?).

Last edited:
Reaction Score
You guys need to calm down. I would give it til end of business tomorrow before its time to even be worried. Some say he's already signed and is going to tell the URI community in person like a man, which is great. I give it til tomorrow for that to organically happen. If it stretches further then I think he's playing the Pitt thing to get more money out of UConn, or to get URI to commit to extending the budget which I don't think happens.

But hearing people talking about Diallo and Kasongo... calm down, the guy's team was knocked out of the tourney literally 3 days ago, it would be classless for him to peace out any quicker from a place he clearly enjoyed his time

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Louisville won in the last year of the Big East. We won in the first year of the AAC.

West Virginia, Marquette, Georgetown, and Nova all had success outside of that year as well. I'd rather be them.

You're right about Louisville.

I think I disagre about the other schools, but it's close.

Point being, the contended at the top of the Big East for a decade. I don't think its that crazy of an idea they can repeat that in the ACC.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
He doesn't strike me as the kind of guy who will be convinced one way or another. He knows where he wants to be.

You'd be surprised. He's a very emotional and loyal dude, so the pull of staying at URI is real.

And his wife is way more involved in this decision than people on this board think. She's nixed a job in the past, even after he accepted. She loves RI.

Reaction Score
You'd be surprised. He's a very emotional and loyal dude, so the pull of staying at URI is real.

And his wife is way more involved in this decision than people on this board think. She's nixed a job in the past, even after he accepted. She loves RI.
Fortunately...

Sources familiar with Hurley say he and his family strongly prefer the UConn job — but he does not want to take significantly less than he could get elsewhere.

Reaction Score
With all of the guys that transferred out of Pitt I don’t think the vibe is highly likely he will go there. If the players were smart they would have waited if they knew Hurley was a possible chance. I think he’s a long shot for Pitt.

It’s between UConn and URI in my opinion. There is no movement between players so I would assume we are head and head. I hope we have he upper hand.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
He should do a press conference where he announces his decision by entering riding on a ram, a husky or a panther.

Lebron James would like to have a word with you.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

I was very pleased to see at least one report say that his family is in favor of the move to UConn.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
He should do a press conference where he announces his decision by entering riding on a ram, a husky or a panther.
I am getting a feeling he ain't coming here. I know I may be wrong big time. ACC v. the AAC? No brainer.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I am getting a feeling he ain't coming here. I know I may be wrong big time. ACC v. the AAC? No brainer.
I still think Pitt is far and away his third choice, but the money difference may be giving him pause.

Reaction Score
646A246D-987D-4D21-A6B1-A5C77E748BC1.gif

Reaction Score
You're right about Louisville.

I think I disagre about the other schools, but it's close.

Point being, the contended at the top of the Big East for a decade. I don't think its that crazy of an idea they can repeat that in the ACC.
It's possible, but the BE never had two programs with the history of Duke and UNC clogging up the conference. The schools that founded the BE did good things and were strong programs with good pasts, but even then it was easier to muscle your way up to the top. Pitt is definitively behind the two of those schools, and then you add in Syracuse and Louisville...before you get to schools with better histories and who actually play near the other teams, like NC State and Virginia. With teams like Clemson, Florida State, and NC State coming on strong, there are a lot more teams that you have to leapfrog than you did in the BE.

For instance, in 2003, when Pitt finally won a BET, 4 out of 15 schools made the tournament. That ain't what's happening in the ACC, and it pretty much never will provided UNC and Duke avoid the death penalty.

Reaction Score
I can't believe we are in a coaching battle with URI and Pitt. KO should be banned from campus.
If we lose Hurley then we really need to reconsider our football program. And I'm a football fan first.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Whatever. If URI concedes to his requests, hopefully we can just offer him 250-300k more per year and put the nail in the coffin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom