Some Guy’s Exit Interview with Susan Herbst | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Some Guy’s Exit Interview with Susan Herbst

Reaction Score
Sure if they weren’t allowed to meet the candidates he is a solid hire.

His lies on the t’eo situation didn’t come to light until after he was hired I believe - but his performance in the presser was worse than anything Ollie did. They should have fired him for cause for his ridiculous lies prior to being hired - he misrepresented himself as someone who could be trusted with the program.
Susan signing off on that hire cements her legacy just as much as the realignment fiasco. He's legitimately a crazy person

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Good point. In an interview does he come across as a high-energy eccentric guy or his bat sheet crazy? I guess the former.

If you are capable of telling the difference... the latter. If only BC jumped on that grenade.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Tough to find much fault in the first Bob Diaco signing. He was the hot choice available at the time part of the resurgence of the Notre Dame program and the Broyles award winner.

You pull the trigger on that gate 10 times out of 10. It was only after he was hired by UConn that the Peter principle raised its ugly head.

All it took was 30 seconds to talk to the fool and you could see he was crazy. And not in a good way. Even BC shied away from him. Think about that one for a minute.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Susan signing off on that hire cements her legacy just as much as the realignment fiasco. He's legitimately a crazy person

It would be great if @bigred undeleted my posts from the BYU game.

I called for his firing between the first and second quarter.

Find someone worse. I dare you.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score

I don't want my school president picking the football coach. She should sign off on the ad recommendation.

Reaction Score
Watch "The Best... I Mean WORST of Bob Diaco at UConn" on YouTube

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I don't want my school president picking the football coach. She should sign off on the ad recommendation.

I’d rather pull a name from a hat over our recent decision makers.

The criteria for being in this hat: will you not make RED (@Guapo ) a team color.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

We did energy buckets at work 8 years before this.

People would come to meetings and talk aloud how the outcome impacted their energy bucket.

They hired this man to a 7 figure job. Later Warde Manuel moved onto giving free tickets to Michigan games on the side of soda bottles.

Make sure to send a donation this year.

Reaction Score
We did energy buckets at work 8 years before this.

People would come to meetings and talk aloud how the outcome impacted their energy bucket.

They hired this man to a 7 figure job. Later Warde Manuel moved onto giving free tickets to Michigan games on the side of soda bottles.

Make sure to send a donation this year.
He couldn't even dress himself for games...
Csk6MvDUIAA-azo.jpg

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

Well if you wonder why UConn gets treated like a punk by the AAC... no need.

Reaction Score
Rock Star Stuff

Michigan AD: 'Wrong decision' to hire former USA Gymnastics executive linked to Nassar case

It makes the Ollie and Diaco hires look solid gold.

He had to fire some in three days after doing his ‘due-diligence’. Let me hear some more excuses for SuzieLaz. She thinks that clown is a ROCK STAR.
Has anyone ever sincerely called someone a rock star before? It's like the cheapest way to compliment someone without touching upon a single redeemable quality

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Has anyone ever sincerely called someone a rock star before? It's like the cheapest way to compliment someone without touching upon a single redeemable quality

Winners are the winningest winners who ever winned.

Why don’t we have a lacrosse team after ten years of me being in charge?

I’m just a dumb message board poster but I’d guess it’s the $42 million subsidy.

What grifter convinced these clowns to build the hockey rinky dink. Oh we stink at football let’s build a half arena for a hockey team we can’t afford.

Reaction Score
No. Go, and attend, or don't go. Shuttling students back and forth to tailgate isn't a good use of AD funds.
Vast majority of the busses headed back prior the start of the game are rented by fraternities. UConn busses, run by SUBOG, don’t start heading back until halftime at the earliest.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Herbst needed to hire an AD with MAJOR college AD experience when she hired Manuel. He had a few years at an up-and-coming, but decidedly mid-major school. Her focus was all on academics, not athletics. His only real claim to fame up to that point in his career was hiring Turner Gill as HC at Buffalo. He was in way over his head from day one at UCONN, running a major conference athletics program.

We are still reeling from the results of hiring this clown, who thought that sitting on his ass in the Virgin Islands "monitoring" the situation was the way we were going to get invited to join a real conference. Judging from his latest hiring fiasco at Michigan, he still doesn't get it. Sorry to the Herbst apologists, but that hire is all on her.

Reaction Score
This is completely backwards.

Current students don't care about football? While student attendance is down across the country, so is *all* attendance. Moving it on campus incentivizes more people to come because the event is right there in front of them and they can see the people there, the tailgating, the stadium, the cars pouring into campus. It's easy to get the ones onboard who didn't know they'd enjoy it.

Current students are the ones who become lifelong fans of college sports because it's their alma mater, they build the connection to the school and the program they followed as students. This model has proven successful at every major athletic school.

Except that for the first 10 years of the stadium student attendance was not a problem at all, the student section sold out every year. Where are those students now? And now the busses are packed with students to tailgate and then go home.

More alumni will buy tickets if the team gets good again and the games are actually fun to go to again.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom