Some Clarification from the Courant | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Some Clarification from the Courant

Reaction Score
I wish it never came to light and stayed a secret until a decision was made.
I agree. I believe that should be the case about any NCAA investigation. There is probably something here, but if a school is ever absolved in one of these situations, I hope they sue. It's probably not possible, though. Just the news hurts recruiting. If it takes months that can really set a program back.

Reaction Score
With the MSU situation unfolding and if Izzo decides to hang it up, we might have to settle for a second tier coach.

Reaction Score
Until they NCAA is cleaned up, they have no authority to judge anyone. I wish UConn would just come out swinging against this corrupt organization.

Reaction Score
How did we cheat with recruits if none of them committed to UCONN? That means there was no money/perks exchanged and it's just a matter of he said/she said (recruit/UCONN).

Also, if there were cash payments involved, wouldn't the FBI be involved??

100% serious question:

Is it even against NCAA bylaws to pay athletes that don't go to your school?

Only reason it is against NCAA bylaws is amateurism, right? Not your problem if they don't compete for you.

I'm guessing there is something, maybe some inducement ethics or random recruiting rule, but lol. Would be worth researching if that's what we end up being accused of. Seems like a UNC-style loophole.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
At least now it won't be poor play that keeps us out of the postseason

Reaction Score
In the comments on the tweet:

View attachment 28057

What? That cannot be legal in a competitive, managed ecosystem. How can you offer immunity to the institution that received impermissible benefits by exposing another, losing offender. That’s practically blackmail. It’s not like you’d protect the dealer if he identified the players in an illegal gambling operation, for example. Someone’s got to add some clarity to this line of reasoning...

Reaction Score
If the NCAA oversteps with this investigation in an attempt to single us out for minor violations and ignoring P5 cheats we need to fight back. If that means violating their stupid gag rule than so be it. We've been screwed over enough. They are the only ones that benefit from silent sidelines and they've earned any scrutiny we can give them.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
So little time, so much stupid.

If a rule was changed and Ollie's did something that was now legal, then he crossed the international date line......

Reaction Score
What? That cannot be legal in a competitive, managed ecosystem. How can you offer immunity to the institution that received impermissible benefits by exposing another, losing offender. That’s practically blackmail. It’s not like you’d protect the dealer if he identified the players in an illegal gambling operation, for example. Someone’s got to add some clarity to this line of reasoning...

Don't believe for a second this isn't payback for Bazz calling out the NCAA on its meal policies 0n national TV and embarrassing them. The NCAA is about as arrogant an organization as they come. Just been holding the grudge and biding it's time.

Reaction Score
Don't believe for a second this isn't payback for Bazz calling out the NCAA on its meal policies 0n national TV and embarrassing them. The NCAA is about as arrogant an organization as they come. Just been holding the grudge and biding it's time.
you have a complex, dude

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom