Solution to Bench Situation | The Boneyard

Solution to Bench Situation

Reaction Score
Interesting concept! Not a bad idea and they might surprise the majority of Bone Yarders . I hope Geno goes for it. Does anyone know if Geno reads the comments on the Bone Yard? Break away from the norm and strategize with a new concept. They say "necessity is the mother of invention" so what do we have to lose. Providence is a good place to try. GO HUSKIES!!!

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Interesting concept! Not a bad idea and they might surprise the majority of Bone Yarders . I hope Geno goes for it. Does anyone know if Geno reads the comments on the Bone Yard? Break away from the norm and strategize with a new concept. They say "necessity is the mother of invention" so what do we have to lose. Providence is a good place to try. GO HUSKIES!!!
Yes, when he's bored/depressed and needs a good laugh. :D Geno stated in an interview several years ago that most WBCC fans have no idea what they're talking about. He may have been referring to the Boneyard. :confused: I hope not. We have some extremely knowledgeable and well-traveled posters here.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I think that the bench will see a lot more time against Providence to give the starters rest for the SC game.

It is also my feeling that the reason Geno kept the starters in the last game was to use it as a practice session for March, when they will be forced to play those kind of minutes.

Since they did get back a lead and win, it worked.

Reaction Score
I suggest we nominate someone to bring this suggestion to Geno personally. I don't think that Geno would actually physically attack this person, but the verbal tirade would be something to behold. I'd love too see it ... but not enough to volunteer thank you very much.

Reaction Score
Hey! As I have stated many times before, I'm not as knowledgeable as many of the posters and that I post what I feel. This post was just for conversation, not fact as I said it was a novel idea. So thanks for the conversations and the replies from all of the posters. GO HUSKIES!!!

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Hey Providence is not going to be a push over. Once and IF we get a big lead we may work on things to get ready for SC. IF we get a big lead the bench will get minutes. All this is based on "IF". BTY I know for a fact that the UConn people read the Boneyard except Geno. IF he does I dont know it. I do know others at UConn do as well as AAU and HS coaches and parents read the Boneyard.

Reaction Score
Hey Providence is not going to be a push over. Once and IF we get a big lead we may work on things to get ready for SC. IF we get a big lead the bench will get minutes. All this is based on "IF". BTY I know for a fact that the UConn people read the Boneyard except Geno. IF he does I dont know it. I do know others at UConn do as well as AAU and HS coaches and parents read the Boneyard.
Hence give some extra thought before hitting the post reply button.

Reaction Score
Hey! As I have stated many times before, I'm not as knowledgeable as many of the posters and that I post what I feel. This post was just for conversation, not fact as I said it was a novel idea. So thanks for the conversations and the replies from all of the posters. GO HUSKIES!!!
We agree with you. Only meant for conversations. Some here just like to attack first. my dad taught me PIN at a very early age. P for say something positive first. I is for interesting and N for negative. It did wonders for me.
B&C

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Woah, woah, woah. Tony are you ok? What's with all this negativity????

Reaction Score
In past years Geno perhaps could have used the bench more at times, but I don't really understand the criticism this season? For many games he has had 2 players on the bench, one of which was meant to be going to JuCo, and only recently got an 8th player back. Even if all 3 of them are in at the same time you still need 2 starters in there and given the positions of those bench players, you are always going to need one of Lou or Nika in there realistically.
The team is tired and whilst more minutes from the bench tomorrow would be helpful, I don't think that can solve the fatigue issue on it's own - the physical fatigue yes, but the mental fatigue of consistently facing adversity is also a factor and 10 more bench minutes won't solve that unfortunately.

This team (and coaching staff) are doing an unbelievable job this year!

Reaction Score
I believe that the starters would need to expend even more energy trying to make up the point differential resulting from putting not ready for prime time substitutes in a close game that is above their current level of play…how I wish that these annoying “play them all” posts would just go away and leave playing time opportunities to the coaching staff…in our collective wildest dreams I’d be willing to bet that not one of us would have foreseen this level of performance had we known last summer the injuries and illnesses that would befall this remarkable and resilient group of fiercely competitive young ladies…this said, I apologize for even being drawn into this conversation.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom