SoCal Boneyarders - First Big Quake in 20 Years | Page 3 | The Boneyard

SoCal Boneyarders - First Big Quake in 20 Years

Reaction Score
We felt last night's quake big-time! We were out at an improv comedy show and had to evacuate for a bit. No damage there or at my house, but it was a bit scary. A quake that big, closer to LA would be devastating.

Reaction Score
I live in L.A. and experienced the '94 quake but was up in the Santa Barbara area during this one. Was sitting outside when I felt the swaying. Like most other comments here, this one felt more like you were on a boat instead of a strong jolt. Lasted a solid 30-40 seconds and noticed the pool water sloshing/plants swaying.

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
That was the one I felt in Philly suburbs! That was definitely unmistakable and left you shaken and worried there would be more even though you were clearly FINE.
I don’t want to experience what SoCal is experiencing. Ever.
Same, was living in the Chestnut Hill section of Philly at the time.

Reaction Score
Well, your tax dollars have helped alleviate needing to live out in town for single sailors.

Welcome to Pacific Beacon—a first of its kind, providing eligible service members with resort-style living on Naval Base San Diego. Pacific Beacon rivals any living situation in the San Diego area and redefines on-base living across the country. Find the luxury amenities and fun community you're looking for, plus the privacy and home away from home you need. With a rooftop pool and lounge, unmatched views of the city, fitness centers totalling an impressive 9,000 square feet, and monthly resident events, you can start to imagine how wonderful life is here.

View attachment 44611
At 32nd St base? No matter, liked it on my own. Last place was in Ocean Beach, 2 blocks from the start of Sunset Cliffs area. Could hear the waves.

Reaction Score
The change from excitement to fear on the face of the woman in the middle is priceless.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom