SoCal Boneyarders - First Big Quake in 20 Years | Page 2 | The Boneyard

SoCal Boneyarders - First Big Quake in 20 Years

Reaction Score
And that was just a 7.1. I'm sure most of you in LA felt that one.
Was listening to the Dodger game and heard them call it live. Game didn’t stop.

Reaction Score
And Jalen was just shown on CNN on the bench at the summer league game.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Why did they build a naval base directly on top of a very active fault line?

Reaction Score
If you don't need to be in LA for work, Ventura is a great town. Perfect location to get to other places and the town offers enough to sustain life/fun.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Praying that all are okay.

A good friend messaged me and said he was okay, but it was scary as helll.

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
Daughter is on the USC campus for a four week dance camp. She said she was in the shower during the tremors and that she was too tired to be concerned.

Reaction Score
For when & after quakes hit, the MyShake and the MyQuake apps from Cal’s seismology lab are interesting, e.g., graphical pattern & detailed info on each recent quake in desert E of Ridgecrest, even yesterday’s small quakes in the BVI, Poland and Indian Ocean.

Last edited:

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
7.1 quake was 10 times greater than Thursday quake.

As for the noted quake in c. 2013 here in New England. I think it was epicentered off Rhode Island shore. I was working on 3rd floor in Essex CT and definitely felt a rumble. It was very weird. I went to other offices asking if people felt something.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
7.1 quake was 10 times greater than Thursday quake.

As for the noted quake in c. 2013 here in New England. I think it was epicentered off Rhode Island shore. I was working on 3rd floor in Essex CT and definitely felt a rumble. It was very weird. I went to other offices asking if people felt something.

It was 2011. Epicenter was in Virginia. Was an unmistakable feeling and I can’t imagine what a CA quake is like.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Why did they build a naval base directly on top of a very active fault line?

Between Navy's Lemoore and China Lake bases and Edwards Air Force Base, there is a few hundred thousand square miles of open air space and ground for weapons testing and programs.
Add in your defense contractors at Palmdale and Space X and stuff at Mojave and you have a bunch of interesting things to see in the sky.

Reaction Score
Between Navy's Lemoore and China Lake bases and Edwards Air Force Base, there is a few hundred thousand square miles of open air space and ground ... Add in your defense contractors at Palmdale and Space X and stuff at Mojave ...
Sure, and DoD proactively planned for the eventual Pacific port. ;)

Reaction Score
My wife and daughter dove under table. I, on other hand, was in the final 2 of my Fortnite game so had to keep playing.
I thought just middle school boys played that. My daughter pretends to be a boy playing Fortnite sometimes- I don’t understand what she’s saying. She’s like “why do you think I don’t like the boys in my class?”
We don’t have to have a real conversation about boys for awhile, apparently.

Reaction Score
It was 2011. Epicenter was in Virginia. Was an unmistakable feeling and I can’t imagine what a CA quake is like.
That was the one I felt in Philly suburbs! That was definitely unmistakable and left you shaken and worried there would be more even though you were clearly FINE.
I don’t want to experience what SoCal is experiencing. Ever.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
My son and family near UCLA felt yesterday’s. Scared my little grandchildren. We are scheduled to fly out there next week as bad timing would have it.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Sure, and DoD proactively planned for the eventual Pacific port. ;)

Also forgot about ranges near Fallon, Navada, Nellis AFB in Vegas and Yuma proving grounds near CA/AZ border.

As for being near ports band ships, the planes can't land while the ship is pierside. It's probably a 20 minute flight from those bases to a ship on the CA coastline.

But yeah, that Ocean front property in Arizona is looking like a good buy.

Reaction Score
I thought just middle school boys played that. My daughter pretends to be a boy playing Fortnite sometimes- I don’t understand what she’s saying. She’s like “why do you think I don’t like the boys in my class?”
We don’t have to have a real conversation about boys for awhile, apparently.
My daughter introduced me to game. Its fun. Actually lot of older dudes play it too. Interestingly most of guys use the woman skins when playing. Lot of it based on showing who is good. Certain female skins only can get if you get certain achievements. But Game very multi dimensional.

Reaction Score
My daughter introduced me to game. Its fun. Actually lot of older dudes play it too. Interestingly most of guys use the woman skins when playing. Lot of it based on showing who is good. Certain female skins only can get if you get certain achievements. But Game very multi dimensional.
Interesting. She was really into Minecraft but there has been no interest in this one. She likes Sims. Wastes a lot of time on that...
Learn something new every day.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom