So, you can’t watch the WNBA on TV but you can see this on ESPN | The Boneyard

So, you can’t watch the WNBA on TV but you can see this on ESPN

Reaction Score
At first, I thought that you were BSing....flipping through the ESPN boatload of channels...and just no words.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Cornhole, pickleball, pillow fighting? Good grief. Did you know they are actually creating a pickleball CHANNEL? LIke a channel for pickleball 24/7.

I keep waiting for tiddledywinks and tag. Maybe flag football too.

Reaction Score
Cornhole, pickleball, pillow fighting? Good grief. Did you know they are actually creating a pickleball CHANNEL? LIke a channel for pickleball 24/7.

They could be in the wings for those potential ideas.

Majic Hands

https://www.neumi.com/jkvetter
Reaction Score
:eek:
I've discovered pickleball is becoming a thing.

For the last two/three years my cousin and his wife have planned their yearly visit according to the locations between Indiana and the Palm Beaches where they can spend an evening and maybe the next morning playing pickleball.:confused:

Reaction Score
I missed the pillow fight. As of right now, a little after 6, my sporting choices are:

UFL football - I'm going to wait for college and NFL thanks.

The end of an NHL playoff game between the Hurricanes and Rangers. I watch Lighting games but they are gone so pass.

At 7:00 a baseball game, Giants v Phillies. I watch Rays games or parts thereof. They lost this afternoon so I'm done with baseball for the day.

X Games - BMX. No.

Bullshooter Invitational Championship - soft darts. Again, no

NLL Lacrosse. I watched many, many of my sons high school lacrosse games. I enjoyed it although all too often it was cold and/or rainy. I'll pass.

Horse racing - is Secretariat racing? No, so no.

Slippery Stairs. Really!? Just what it sounds like. A steep plastic ramp of stairs. People at the top dump pails of water on the ramp. People in bare feet and tights climb/crawl up on the clock. This is a clear sign of the decline of civilization.

FM Motocross. From Portugal. I don't know anyone competing. Next.

A replay of an NFL game. Lions v Cowboys. Not going to watch but better than Slippery Stairs.

NWSL. Louisville FC v Orlando Pride. I always watch the women's national team's games. I'll watch men's world cup games. Other than that I skip soccer.

MLB - Miami v Oakland. I tune into Rays games and World Series games. Only.

College Baseball. See above.

NKS soccer. Not the women's national team or world cup so no.

Tennis replay of yesterday's Swiatek v Sabalenka Madrid Open championship match. A great match, won by Swiatek. I saw it live. For now I'm watching the replay of the 3rd set.

College Football - Louisville spring game. Nah.

Soon the NBA season will end and it's Rays, tennis and golf until football returns. This year we have the Olympics during the summer so that helps.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Just saw Slippery Stairs competition on the ESPN channel at the restaurant. Don't ask, it followed the dodgeball.

Reaction Score
It’s on right now. Not kidding.

I'm all beat up from years of mountain biking, so I'm gonna start training for this right now. I'm gonna be a champion, just you wait and see...

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
It amazes me how they come up with this crazy stuff. That's the stuff they show for free. "Subscribe to our streaming service to watch the real sports"

Reaction Score
Production costs for pillow fighting are minimal compared to WNBA games, and the ROI is probably not the greatest for WNBA, yet.

If there's a big jump in viewership this year, expect better coverage next season.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Gee, I'm hooked. Thanks for posting Nan. What has ESPN become?

Reaction Score
If the WNBA incorporated some pillow fighting between the women, ESPN might have something!

Reaction Score

I'm all in on tiddlywinks, Marco - Polo and hopscotching.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
How about Frisbie Football, or Frisbie Golf? There are actual leagues.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Gee, I'm hooked. Thanks for posting Nan. What has ESPN become?

I see a few problems. The surface should be bouncy like a bed. And no ropes — if you fall off, you fall off onto the rug with racecars on it. And handles on the pillows? C’mon. If they can’t get the obvious stuff right, they’ll never get discerning viewers.

And Manscaped as a sponsor? Where are the Beautyrest and Serta logos? :p

Reaction Score
Production costs for pillow fighting are minimal compared to WNBA games, and the ROI is probably not the greatest for WNBA, yet.

If there's a big jump in viewership this year, expect better coverage next season.
Maybe there will be a fighter for the ages promoted as the savior of pillow fighting and followed - worshipped - by ESPN and the PFL (Pillow Fighting League). Can't wait.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom