So, you can’t watch the WNBA on TV but you can see this on ESPN | Page 2 | The Boneyard

So, you can’t watch the WNBA on TV but you can see this on ESPN

Reaction Score
The Olympics isn't much better, to be honest. Baseball and softball have been struggling to get permanent status for several cycles now (dropped in 2012, back in 2020, out again in Paris), but they have no problem adding breaking (aka breakdancing), rugby, and other sports with far less worldwide appeal.

Reaction Score
Just saw Slippery Stairs competition on the ESPN channel at the restaurant. Don't ask, it followed the dodgeball.
That is the stupidest sport I have ever seen, and the bar is set pretty high for that title.

Reaction Score
It was asked "So what has ESPN become?"

Well, the most obvious response to that is it is owned by Disney, an entertainment conglomerate. That should provide at least 90% of the answer. ESPN is the "Entertainment and Sports Programming Network". So maybe the parent wants to emphasize a little more on the "E" side then "S". For Disney, it's only business and what hits the bottom line is what will drive the bus. So sit back and enjoy those pillow fights you basketball, soccer, baseball and football nuts. Wonder if they use feather or foam pillows.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
It was asked "So what has ESPN become?"

Well, the most obvious response to that is it is owned by Disney, an entertainment conglomerate. That should provide at least 90% of the answer. ESPN is the "Entertainment and Sports Programming Network". So maybe the parent wants to emphasize a little more on the "E" side then "S". For Disney, it's only business and what hits the bottom line is what will drive the bus. So sit back and enjoy those pillow fights you basketball, soccer, baseball and football nuts. Wonder if they use feather or foam pillows.
Maybe an occasional brick or a can of beans.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I missed the pillow fight. As of right now, a little after 6, my sporting choices are:

UFL football - I'm going to wait for college and NFL thanks.

The end of an NHL playoff game between the Hurricanes and Rangers. I watch Lighting games but they are gone so pass.

At 7:00 a baseball game, Giants v Phillies. I watch Rays games or parts thereof. They lost this afternoon so I'm done with baseball for the day.

X Games - BMX. No.

Bullshooter Invitational Championship - soft darts. Again, no

NLL Lacrosse. I watched many, many of my sons high school lacrosse games. I enjoyed it although all too often it was cold and/or rainy. I'll pass.

Horse racing - is Secretariat racing? No, so no.

Slippery Stairs. Really!? Just what it sounds like. A steep plastic ramp of stairs. People at the top dump pails of water on the ramp. People in bare feet and tights climb/crawl up on the clock. This is a clear sign of the decline of civilization.

FM Motocross. From Portugal. I don't know anyone competing. Next.

A replay of an NFL game. Lions v Cowboys. Not going to watch but better than Slippery Stairs.

NWSL. Louisville FC v Orlando Pride. I always watch the women's national team's games. I'll watch men's world cup games. Other than that I skip soccer.

MLB - Miami v Oakland. I tune into Rays games and World Series games. Only.

College Baseball. See above.

NKS soccer. Not the women's national team or world cup so no.

Tennis replay of yesterday's Swiatek v Sabalenka Madrid Open championship match. A great match, won by Swiatek. I saw it live. For now I'm watching the replay of the 3rd set.

College Football - Louisville spring game. Nah.

Soon the NBA season will end and it's Rays, tennis and golf until football returns. This year we have the Olympics during the summer so that helps.
So basically, you're not much of a sports fan.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Yet somehow I spend way too much time watching and playing sports. Go figure.
I would question your meaning of sports (plural). Seems like it's pretty much a couple sports and/or a few "teams" you like. So not really a "sports" fan, rather just the fan of a couple sports/teams. Which is fine, you're like most people. But I wouldn't consider you much of a "sports" fan.

On the other hand, I wouldn't watch slippery stairs or cornhole or competitive tag (ok I've watched cornhole and tag a couple times, but don't really follow them).

Reaction Score
I would question your meaning of sports (plural). Seems like it's pretty much a couple sports and/or a few "teams" you like. So not really a "sports" fan, rather just the fan of a couple sports/teams. Which is fine, you're like most people. But I wouldn't consider you much of a "sports" fan.

On the other hand, I wouldn't watch slippery stairs or cornhole or competitive tag (ok I've watched cornhole and tag a couple times, but don't really follow them).
I'd give some kind of response except for the fact that I couldn't care less how you define a sports fan plus the Celts v Cav game is about to start. I have Celtics in 5.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I'd give some kind of response except for the fact that I couldn't care less how you define a sports fan plus the Celts v Cav game is about to start. I have Celtics in 5.
That's good. Lots of people care too much about what other people think.

And I didn't say you weren't a sports fan, just not much of one (or not a big time sports fan - typical American sports fan).

Oh, and the Celtics made it look easy last night.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom