So who should the AAC add after the B12 poaching? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

So who should the AAC add after the B12 poaching?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Yup, Whipple has UMass playing top notch offensive football maybe not defensively just yet, but offensively under Whipple they're on the right track. UMass are ranked 55th overall offensively and ranked 10th in passing yards in the FBS, in Mark Whipples first year year as HC at UMass. Whipple elevated UMass offensive game in 1 year guys with players that were not his and yet some say give Diaco 3 years so he can recruit his players blah blah blah... Some said the same about PP and he still stunk. If your a great coach you can make good things happen with your players or not.

Whipple recruited something like 7 JUCO players and all on the offensive side of the ball. He got the Marshall backup QB who turned out to be very good (1 more year of eligibility). He got hurt and the last two games without him their offense was horrendous (along with their defense). In football you NEED a decent QB to really make things go or you need a top notch defense to keep your team in the game at least.

Reaction Score
Who cares?

How much longer does UConn think we are gonna stick around when they make no case for itself to these other leagues, no effort or urgency to improve in football, and the league gets worse and worse and worse with each new team lost.

No effort or urgency to improve football? You are kidding right?

Perfect Hair

I saw Diaco drinking a Pina Colada at Trader Vics
Reaction Score
Whipple recruited something like 7 JUCO players and all on the offensive side of the ball. He got the Marshall backup QB who turned out to be very good (1 more year of eligibility). He got hurt and the last two games without him their offense was horrendous (along with their defense). In football you NEED a decent QB to really make things go or you need a top notch defense to keep your team in the game at least.

Was doing that wrong? The coach came in, evaluated the talent, or lack thereof in certain spots and he filled those holes. Sounds like a man with a plan. Why didn't Diaco do the same thing?

What Whipple did was what the previous idiot from the Brian Kelly tree didn't do, he was too pompous and thought he knew better. It was his way or the highway, he tried to fit square pegs into round holes and thought he had all the time in the world to build things his way. He's now pumping gas somewhere in the Pioneer Valley and wondering what happened to his 5 year contract. My guess is Diaco thinks he has plenty of time as well, I hope not.

Reaction Score
Was doing that wrong? The coach came in, evaluated the talent, or lack thereof in certain spots and he filled those holes. Sounds like a man with a plan. Why didn't Diaco do the same thing?

What Whipple did was what the previous idiot from the Brian Kelly tree didn't do, he was too pompous and thought he knew better. It was his way or the highway, he tried to fit square pegs into round holes and thought he had all the time in the world to build things his way. He's now pumping gas somewhere in the Pioneer Valley and wondering what happened to his 5 year contract. My guess is Diaco thinks he has plenty of time as well, I hope not.

Whipple is a current example in that a coach doesn't need to recruit HIS players in order to succeed. I still cannot believe UMass is 10th in passing in Whipple's first year. That's a huge turn around for UMass, and I'm sure UMass is/was in a shittier- whole than UConn. If we played against UMass this year I honestly do not believe we would have won that game, we barely beat STONY BROOK.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Think it is time to ignore all football postings as it is nothing but negativity.

Merry Christmas and hope most of you get some cheer, because now you're a bunch whiny biotches

Reaction Score
The New AAC Logo
Misfit-Toys.jpg

I could have sworn it was:

00_LABOR_think155911571_WoodenCoffin_Funeral.jpg

Reaction Score
Think it is time to ignore all football postings as it is nothing but negativity.

Merry Christmas and hope most of you get some cheer, because now you're a bunch whiny biotches

uconn bill - Don't include me with the Diaco Downers! I am giving Coach some time to turn the ship around!

Reaction Score
NOBODY! NOBODY is the best choice by a country-mile. We don't need a championship game, we don't get paid for a championship game and nobody cares about the championship game.

I would like to see a Championship game in the American. If UCONN was in it, everyone would change their tune!

Reaction Score

It's reality Bill. Whining was when people weren't happy with 7 or 8 win seasons and bowl games.

If all you want to read is fairy tales and lollipops about where the program is right now, this probably isn't the place.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
It's reality Bill. Whining was when people weren't happy with 7 or 8 win seasons and bowl games.

If all you want to read is fairy tales and lollipops about where the program is right now, this probably isn't the place.

No but calling for the head of the coach is ridiculous. That is what drives me nuts, more than anything. He just got here less then a year ago and needs to make changes, which he is doing. The players for the most part seem to be buying into the program and that is what matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom