So who should the AAC add after the B12 poaching? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

So who should the AAC add after the B12 poaching?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Leave the league and go independent in football and beg the Big east to let us play other sports with them until the miracle call comes one day and we are invited into the ACC. This conference is the land of misfit toys.

Reaction Score
We are a bad program...in fact we are the worst program in the AAC. Let's chew on that for a while. The Boneyard spends it's turns it's nose down at all of the other programs, because our basketball team is good. Wake up people, football drives the bus and we outright SUCK! In fact we are the suckiest team in a conference of sucky teams.
I think we're all aware our football team sucks.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
If Colorado State becomes a P5 program and we end up getting left out...

I hate Paul Pasqualoni so much.
...me too but less than I hate Jeff Hathaway.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The New AAC Logo
Misfit-Toys.jpg
Wait, isn't that the current logo?

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Question: If we lose teams can ESPN cancel our TV contract?

Reaction Score
Leave the league and go independent in football and beg the Big east to let us play other sports with them until the miracle call comes one day and we are invited into the ACC. This conference is the land of misfit toys.
Wow this is an original idea that hasn't been posted in every single thread

Reaction Score
Who cares?

How much longer does UConn think we are gonna stick around when they make no case for itself to these other leagues, no effort or urgency to improve in football, and the league gets worse and worse and worse with each new team lost.
Can You change your avatar ? I just want to punch that face in.:eek:

Reaction Score
The teams most often mentioned are Cincinnati and Memphis. Granted, losing Cincy one of the best non P5 teams in football is a big loss, but other than this year Memphis has been terrible in football. 36-86 in 10 years prior to this. Memphis averaged 28,000 in attendance in 2013. Marshall averaged 25,023, La Lafayette, 26,000, Buffalo 22,000 and Army 33,000. If the conference added Marshall and UMASS it will be okay. I am not in favor of staying at 9. This TV contract will improve. I am sure the league has contingency plans. The losses of Memphis and Temple hurt as much if not more in basketball which increases the need for UCONN to have a strong non conference schedule. Don't forget the last two NCAA national champs came from the American. The American is 2-0 in National BBall championships!

I meant losses of Memphis and Cincy! Must have been thinking of Temple bball.

Reaction Score
A street sweeper and a mortician because I may fling myself off of a bridge.
Gallows humor seems like the only way to deal with this never-ending nightmare. I cannot even go to the AAC forum any more because they are all congratulating Cincinnati. I am more comfortable here where we can all relate to the adage misery loves company.

Reaction Score
Considering that Umass had 50% more wins than Uconn, and all 3 of their wins were against FBS level opponents, I would consider a re-phrase of the "they're no good". Perhaps, I know they about equal to Uconn, but...

I wish Uconn had the success with a first year head coach that is rebuilding a prior disaster. The record may have been close to Uconn's but they knew how to score points and you could see some direction and idea of what they want to be.

Yup, Whipple has UMass playing top notch offensive football maybe not defensively just yet, but offensively under Whipple they're on the right track. UMass are ranked 55th overall offensively and ranked 10th in passing yards in the FBS, in Mark Whipples first year year as HC at UMass. Whipple elevated UMass offensive game in 1 year guys with players that were not his and yet some say give Diaco 3 years so he can recruit his players blah blah blah... Some said the same about PP and he still stunk. If your a great coach you can make good things happen with your players or not.

Reaction Score
Not that I remotely give a crap but there's no reason to have an AAC championship game. Please, it's bad enough who is already in this conference.

Cry me a river. UConn sucks ... that is the number ONE reason I hate this AAC these days.

But, frankly, do you really think BC or Syracuse or Rutgers or Pitt are all that superior to UCF or Memphis (this year) or East Carolina? I would bet on the latter 3. It's the flotsam that kills us ... and we qualify.

Reaction Score
Yup, Whipple has UMass playing top notch offensive football maybe not defensively just yet, but offensively under Whipple they're on the right track. UMass are ranked 55th overall in offensively and ranked 10th in passing yards in the FBS in Mark Whipples first year year as HC at UMass. Whipple elevated UMass offensive game in 1 year guys with players that were not his and yet some say give Diaco 3 years so he can recruit his players blah blah blah... Some said the same about PP and he still stunk. If your a great coach you can make good things happen with your players or not.

This is absolutely crap.

Fact is ... Whipple may have had a decent year this year; but, in recruiting, they are SUCKING WIND bigtime. They are not getting kids to step up at all. Go check Rivals. OR better yet ... I have a friend's kid getting recruited now from Milford Academy. Guess the rank order of preferences from various kids?

Reaction Score
Cry me a river. UConn sucks ... that is the number ONE reason I hate this AAC these days.

But, frankly, do you really think BC or Syracuse or Rutgers or Pitt are all that superior to UCF or Memphis (this year) or East Carolina? I would bet on the latter 3. It's the flotsam that kills us ... and we qualify.

Brand wise and as a team, yes they are. Syracuse had the 15th best offense in the country, and that's in the ACC. They're play waaay better competition there's no comparison

Reaction Score
This is absolutely crap.

Fact is ... Whipple may have had a decent year this year; but, in recruiting, they are SUCKING WIND bigtime. They are not getting kids to step up at all. Go check Rivals. OR better yet ... I have a friend's kid getting recruited now from Milford Academy. Guess the rank order of preferences from various kids?

Ranked 10th overall offensively and you say he had a decent year? Wow! and fact is UMass has never recruited well check their history in Rivals and Whipple still has UMass 10th in passing yards, in 1 year!! please!

Reaction Score
Antiobserver said:
Marshall? Southern Miss? Those are two schools who are a far distant 2nd and 3rd in their own states.

So what you're saying is that they fit in well with Tulsa, Tulane, SMU, Houston, Temple, East Carolina and South Florida?

Reaction Score

Yes all of those regional rivalries with built in hatred sucked. Being able to drive to away games was also a drag.

Is this a serious question?

Reaction Score
This is absolutely crap.

But they were in trailers just a few years ago. Apples to apples is comparing Uconn year 3 recruiting to them today with pending independence and zero political support. Right now, Uconn's recruiting is not going all that well. Sure better than Umass, but behind powerhouses like FIU, W. MI and UT-SA. UMass has never been a BCS champion and has never been to a bowl game. Uconn has.

But lets just compare coaches and philosophy. Whipple, who has head coaching experience, comes in with a vision and a plan. He made the most out of chicken poop. You see what they want to be. And they were a hell of a lot more competitive in games this year than Uconn. He got his kids minds going the right direction. I'm not sure what I saw this year from Uconn and its coaching staff. I know they have a "process" and the process can not be deviated from. I'm not sure Diaco had the buy in that Whipple got from his kids.

The fact that we can even have some sort of discussion about who sucked more this year tells me all I need to know about a team that has been D1 FBS for long enough that crap like the past 3 years should not keep happening with each year worse than year before it. Uconn is not the BCS/D1 baby anymore. It has the facilities, it has the outside financial commitment from donors, it has the commitment from the state.

Reaction Score
Yes all of those regional rivalries with built in hatred sucked. Being able to drive to away games was also a drag.

Is this a serious question?

We are in the same league we have always been in. Teams left and had to be replaced. Based on your comments about regional rivalry and built in hatred it sounds like you would support UMASS as the next in line for the AAC.

Reaction Score
You guys know this, but Villanovs is not upgrading football barring an ACC invite, which ain't happening. No FBS stadium, no place to put one if we wanted to build one. And that's that.

Would love to have you guys back in the BE, along with VCU, but that's a selfish wish. See you at the Rent in September.

Reaction Score
We are in the same league we have always been in. Teams left and had to be replaced. Based on your comments about regional rivalry and built in hatred it sounds like you would support UMASS as the next in line for the AAC.

Yes same exact league.

Who hates UMass? Football has been played on different levels and since the Calipari/Camby days they've been a big pile of nothing. They've basically been Rutgers sans the sleazy fans, delusion, and a golden geography lottery ticket.

Reaction Score
Yes same exact league.

Who hates UMass? Football has been played on different levels and since the Calipari/Camby days they've been a big pile of nothing. They've basically been Rutgers sans the sleazy fans, delusion, and a golden geography lottery ticket.

C'mon, a bitter person like yourself has to hate UMASS.

Reaction Score
C'mon, a bitter person like yourself has to hate UMASS.

Believe me, I liked it a lot better when I was the one defending our program and coach when we were going to bowl games. I used to take pride in people calling me names.

It's much less fun calling out stupidity being where we are as a program now.

Reaction Score
We're going to the Big 12. Don't worry about who this sh1tbox of a league adds.

Reaction Score
Nobody, unless they'll get the conference a better contract, which is unlikely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom