So, Who Are You Watching On Saturdays? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

So, Who Are You Watching On Saturdays?

Reaction Score
If you want big time football, you still have 2 options. If you live south of New Haven, Rutgers/ B1G or north of New haven you have B.C. / ACC. Otherwise it might get a steady diet of UC vs. Delaware, Old Dominion + Middle Tennessee State.

Reaction Score
It’s going to be weird not going to the Rent on saturdays for the first time in many years. Not interested in finding another team to root for.

Reaction Score
Lots of Southerners on that board who hated Cincinnati, Temple, and especially
UConn.

Did you have the "pleasure" of conversing with Stookey? Also, is he signed up here?

I ask because that clown had 3 accounts on CSNbbs. Including one which was, I believe, Uconn to the beast. The irony being that the team he listed as rooting for was Central CT.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I"ll bet it was no more irrationally hostile than UConn men's only BB fans are toward UConn football.
It's over, Nick. It's over! Not football, it's in a better place. Any hope of landing a punch, I mean.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
Did you have the "pleasure" of conversing with Stookey? Also, is he signed up here?

I ask because that clown had 3 accounts on CSNbbs. Including one which was, I believe, Uconn to the beast. The irony being that the team he listed as rooting for was Central CT.
Stookys’ two favorite teams were BC and UConn. Classic internet faux pas. I don’t think he’s here.

That was a good board under the Big East. With the AAC, it became much less fun and witty. It was like elementary school.

Reaction Score
If you want big time football, you still have 2 options. If you live south of New Haven, Rutgers/ B1G or north of New haven you have B.C. / ACC. Otherwise it might get a steady diet of UC vs. Delaware, Old Dominion + Middle Tennessee State.

I’ll take a diet of UConn versus whoever rather than set foot in either of the suggested choices for a non-UConn game.

Heck, I’ll drive @Butch to Bridgewater State to watch a game versus Salve Regina before providing a $ to your other choices.

Reaction Score
I'm going to watch thee water and the fish .. I'm not going to watch UConn play some noname school...We quit big time football...At least I can enjoy my weekends now ... I've been a UConn athletics fan since 1968, but UConn is like everything else in Connecticut. If it doesn't win we won't support it. It happened to the Whalers and now UConn. Stupid mindset

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I’ll be following UConn football as long as they are FBS. That said, I’m intrigued about the Kansas Les Miles hire. Would love to see them turn it around. I generally follow Nebraska and LSU as a casual fan.

like @Chin Diesel I was a fan of those same Rams teams in the 70’s, but always rooted for the Pats too Rams moving made them dead to me and I’m all in on the Pats and now live 20 minutes from Gillette. Saints are my NFC team.

Was a Magic era Laker fan, but also liked the Celtics. Now all Celtics but I watch little regular season NBA. I’m much more interested in college hoops.

When the whalers moved I had no team. Adopted the Sharks when I lived in San Jose and Boston when I moved to the Boston suburbs.

Soccer now and then. I am a Manchester United guy, and NE Revs but it’s hard to follow closely.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I’ll be following UConn football as long as they are FBS. That said, I’m intrigued about the Kansas Les Miles hire. Would love to see them turn it around. I generally follow Nebraska and LSU as a casual fan.

like @Chin Diesel I was a fan of those same Rams teams in the 70’s, but always rooted for the Pats too Rams moving made them dead to me and I’m all in on the Pats and now live 20 minutes from Gillette. Saints are my NFC team.

Was a Magic era Laker fan, but also liked the Celtics. Now all Celtics but I watch little regular season NBA. I’m much more interested in college hoops.

When the whalers moved I had no team. Adopted the Sharks when I lived in San Jose and Boston when I moved to the Boston suburbs.

Soccer now and then. I am a Manchester United guy, and NE Revs but it’s hard to follow closely.

Jets were my AFC team. Definite Joe Klecko fan on the sack exchange. Freeman McNeil and Wes Walker on offense.

Reaction Score
I'm not writing off the football program. I expect to end up in a better place than the doomsayers are predicting. I'll be driving down very early from Boston to tailgate with a great group of people. And I'll stay to the end of every game. I refuse to let this move dampen my enthusiasm for Husky football. You guys can watch the Champions League, go on bike rides or tune into HGTV.

Appreciate your optimism, but your track record isn't great. I'm all in as long as we are FBS.

Reaction Score
Appreciate your optimism, but your track record isn't great.

I love this fascination with "track record". This is an opinion board. We all express them. Sometimes they work out and are proven correct, sometimes not. Sometimes we glean information that proves to be prescient or informative, other times not. I'm one of your glass half-full posters. I'll likely be taking the more positive road. Heaven knows there are enough taking the darker more cynical path. That's not how I roll. Frankly, while some of you may be fixated on the issue, I'm not impressed with or interested in anyone's track record--except my stock broker.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom