Votes: 80 51.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Absolutely NO Attack here Dan but really ??? You are one of the most ardent supporters of the program always positive. You have most recently thanked and welcomed every new recruit to the program. Now you post a poll sending a message that you think the one recruiting them may not be here. One has to think the holiday whiskey is influencing your thought process. VERY unlike UConnDan97 thread.
Time and again people have to be reminded of what was on the table upon Randy's return and the time line of recruiting. Then the table cloth gets pulled! (Conference)
Randy gets another year minimum possibly two. Then again most know this and we just keep on rehashing it.

A couple of things: First, I will ALWAYS welcome new recruits. I don't care if they were recruited by Mickey Mouse. When they agree to come to UConn, they are joining my family.

Second, I didn't advocate for Edsall to get fired. I put up a poll to see how UConn Nation felt about it.

Third, the whiskey always influences my thought process. Year round. This week, I'm drinking East Hartford's very own Onyx Moonshine Whiskey, and it's fantastic. I highly recommend it...

Reaction Score
Don't think Edsall will get canned. No way, BUT, if it did happen, with all the clamoring going on with Pitt fans on social media outlets, a guy who might make sense here might be Pat Narduzzi. Yeah, he spurned us before, then we hired Disco, but his teams play tough physical football. That's something we've lacked for several years.

That's only IF, of course.

Since Edsall is more than likely staying, I sure hope we get some real blue collar hog mollies up front on BOTH sides of the football. We've lost way too many battles up front in big spots. EVERYTHING starts up front.

I agree it all starts up front. But with edsall he admittedly says he needs to redshirt guys and strengthen them up. So honest question, do we have any of his recruits from last 2 years that we are excited about on the lines? Was Travis a Diaco recruit? Is there anyone who redshirted who can play? If so why would they not have played in the 4 games? No blue chip recruit is coming here along the line so whoever the starters are next year are likely already in the program.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I viewed it as to whether he was coming back or not coming back - not what people wanted/wished to happen.

Yeah, I should have made that clearer. Probably skewed the data but I'm not sure in which direction...

Reaction Score
Another seemingly “safe” bad hire. When your losing for 10 years you can be afraid to change paths until you find one that works.

Reaction Score
Can’t see turnaround happening under RE. Will be more of the same next year, so might as well change things this year. A coach winning at the MAC, CUSA,Sunbelt level fine with me. Actually think we need someone who comes from a smaller program as they will know how to be more resourceful. A big time program assistant will get frustrated quickly.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Despite what some say about Diaco, I would have liked to see a Lashlee/Diaco team. I think we’d be having a different conversation today.
Diaco was told to hire Jerry Kill and declined. Lashlee wasn't going to work with Diaco because Diaco didn't want anyone outside his circle on his staff. It was the final straw that got him fired.

Reaction Score
We need to hear from AD Dave soon (as in the next two days) otherwise silence will speak volumes.

The optimistic view on Edsall and next season is the entire defense should (hopefully) be back and we have some legit talent on offense in Ross, Drayton, Jeffries, Rose, Mensah and Jack Zergiotis.

I think he should get one more season unless AD Dave has an ace up his sleeve.

Last edited:

geordi

Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel
Reaction Score
So, what’s next? Well, I’d say that half of us eejits on this board want Edsall fired, half want to give him at least one more year, half really don’t care as long as the entertainment value of reading the competing posts of the first two groups maintains a high level. News flash folks. It’s not only the coaches. Recruiting high potential kids to UConn is shoveling feces against the tide. We’re not tOSU, Bama, or Notre Dam-it. We’re never going to be a top 10 program. Maybe crack the top 25 for a week or two once in a while. Knute Rockne can’t do much better than that. Enjoy what we’ve got. And look forward to next year when you can ratchet up the ‘fire Randy’ invective starting after the spring game next year.

Reaction Score
We have plowed this ground before. Edsall stays. Doing the same thing over and over again (firing coaches over and over again after three years) and expecting a different result is the definition of insanity.

So lets stick with a retread out of the 1960's. Fire him and get someone who eats, drinks, and breathes offensive football.

Reaction Score
Sometimes you have look beyond the stats.
Preseason article not unlike thousands of other preseason articles. He is a fine player but Rose is better. You really think he would have made a big difference?

Reaction Score
Preseason article not unlike thousands of other preseason articles. He is a fine player but Rose is better. You really think he would have made a big difference?
OK

Reaction Score
The longer we wait to fire HCRE the deeper the hole the program falls. Do the right thing.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
He isn't going anywhere, just isn't happening, after this year.

After next if they are similar results, then that is different. He will get the first crack at the independent schedule.

Reaction Score
So, what’s next? Well, I’d say that half of us eejits on this board want Edsall fired, half want to give him at least one more year, half really don’t care as long as the entertainment value of reading the competing posts of the first two groups maintains a high level. News flash folks. It’s not only the coaches. Recruiting high potential kids to UConn is shoveling feces against the tide. We’re not tOSU, Bama, or Notre Dam-it. We’re never going to be a top 10 program. Maybe crack the top 25 for a week or two once in a while. Knute Rockne can’t do much better than that. Enjoy what we’ve got. And look forward to next year when you can ratchet up the ‘fire Randy’ invective starting after the spring game next year.
You never know. Oregon and Baylor used to reside at the bottom of their conferences for a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom