Votes: 80 51.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
What a rough ending to a rough year. To a rough decade. To a rough conference tenure that pushed us down rather than lift us up.

So what's next? The independent schedule looks promising. But who's captaining this ship next year? Do folks think we'll have the same coach or a new one? And if we'll have a new one, is there one that we can afford to have here?

The whiskey gets stronger and the results stay the same...

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
The total breakdown in the second half? Coaching. Fire Randy 12/3 or whatever day we save a mill.
Enough.

Reaction Score
If Randy does leave, should we try to replace him with Appalachian State’s Eli Drinkwitz? Generous salary, too.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
i doubt he is fired. He might quit. After all the Corey stuff and a frustrating year....for low pay...he might just negotiate an exit and go back to the NFL.

Reaction Score
Get rid of Edsall ASAP. If we want to be lazy, just hire Temple's coach and we will improve instantly.

Reaction Score
We're extending His contract. Lifetime $250,000 a year all we can afford.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
If Randy does leave, should we try to replace him with Appalachian State’s Eli Drinkwitz? Generous salary, too.
Even if it was likely RE is departing, 1. Drinkwitz is a 1st year head coach who never ran a program until this season, 2. What’s the likelihood a guy with zero experience outside the SE would leave a currently successful program in a region he knows well for many unknowns? More dinero perhaps, but ...

Reaction Score
We have plowed this ground before. Edsall stays. Doing the same thing over and over again (firing coaches over and over again after three years) and expecting a different result is the definition of insanity.
I agree something else has to change. It has gotta be more than just firing Randy. But you also don’t keep a guy who is not the answer just because you have been wrong 3 times in a row. Obviously paying more for a quality staff is one answer but if we are unwilling to do that, lower academic standards, pull in more JUCO, whatever. Something different can be done. Other programs have done it.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
We were blown out every conference game the past 2 years save a tad few.
So keep the coach by all means. Cannot recruit, horrid in game decisions. No reset because we have downgraded to Indy.

Reaction Score
We have plowed this ground before. Edsall stays. Doing the same thing over and over again (firing coaches over and over again after three years) and expecting a different result is the definition of insanity.
Rust - that’s a creative take. Doing the same is keeping RE around and watching the same disaster year from year. But, he’ll stay because we never have been a forward looking program willing to take big risk.

Reaction Score
I agree with the sentiment about not changing coaches frequently BUT when it clearly looks like a total train wreck I don’t think that rule applies. As much as I respect Edsall for what he accomplished here his first tenure this is not working and he is too old and set in his ways to ever make it work. Unless the definition of “work” is 4-8. He can probably get to that 3 years from now.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Keep him until McCarthy signs and then hope the kid's legacy status keeps him here when we announce a new coach. Then make sure the new staff must honor all other verbals so far.

Reaction Score
Aside from the facilities, what is appealing about this program to any highly regarded in-state (or out-of-state) recruit. There’s no conference affiliation. The offense is putrid. The defense is one of the worst in the country. The head coach waxes poetic about his past players accomplishments and tweets a good game, but can’t produce on the field. What’s the allure? There is nothing that draws kids to this program. Buy-in won’t last unless it starts to translate into wins. The body language of the players speaks volumes. At the end of today’s game there were a lot of players walking around with hunched shoulders. That’s not a good sign. Kids aren’t stupid and I’ll bet Randy’s BS is growing tiresome amongst them. It’s no coincidence kids transfer out and do well elsewhere.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Couple of thoughts. Why did Mensah only carry the football 6 times today? Your bell cow at the RB position. Why let Jack Zergiotis drive the team inside the 10 then bring in Steven Krajewski ? That call was mind numbing.Temple's first scoring play. Who were the morons defending that one? The pass looked like a punt, the safety coming over in coverage looked like he was defending a punt. Just brutal to watch. I said to my father after that play, the game was over. It's been the way the season has gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom