Votes: 75 48.4%
  • No

Votes: 80 51.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
What a rough ending to a rough year. To a rough decade. To a rough conference tenure that pushed us down rather than lift us up.

So what's next? The independent schedule looks promising. But who's captaining this ship next year? Do folks think we'll have the same coach or a new one? And if we'll have a new one, is there one that we can afford to have here?

The whiskey gets stronger and the results stay the same...
It wasn't the conference's fault that UConn couldn't compete. If Temple can then why couldn't UConn? It's UConn that failed, not the conference. You can blame leadership for not ponying up the cash to bring in the right staff. The facilities were in place. The school itself has plenty to offer for young adults who want a good education. Just about every other school in the AAC was able to hire head coaches capable of succeeding to the point where they could use the conference as a stepping stone. So why couldn't UConn?

Reaction Score
Are you SERIOUS? Did we watch the same game? This idiot is an arrogant disaster who has milked millions as a losing coach. Time to cut him off and ship him to FL. Tired of excuses, tired of blaming others, tired of inept coaching - his- while he runs off any coaching talent that, by chance, appears in Storrs.

Despite what some say about Diaco, I would have liked to see a Lashlee/Diaco team. I think we’d be having a different conversation today.

Reaction Score
Couple of thoughts. Why did Mensah only carry the football 6 times today? Your bell cow at the RB position.
I noticed that. But he wasn't gaining much on those carries with the OL UConn has. So they probably figured it was futile to try. But geez, amazing Temple could stop the run so easily when they were keying on stopping the air attack. Doesn't say much for the OL.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Randy has lost a bit of his 2000’s mojo ... sad, miss those good ole days, ND, Pitt, WV, and Pussgers

Reaction Score
I noticed that. But he wasn't gaining much on those carries with the OL UConn has. So they probably figured it was futile to try. But geez, amazing Temple could stop the run so easily when they were keying on stopping the air attack. Doesn't say much for the OL.
I disagree. they just scrapped the plan. There was no plan to run him. Against Illinois he ran the ball 14 times for 27 yards. Against Indiana he ran it 10 times for 34 yards. Against Tulane he ran it 14. times for 51 yards. Last week against ECU 29 for 75 and then todays futile performance. I don't think at all it was a performance thing. 6 times? SERIOUSLY?

Reaction Score
Aside from the facilities, what is appealing about this program to any highly regarded in-state (or out-of-state) recruit. There’s no conference affiliation. The offense is putrid. The defense is one of the worst in the country. The head coach waxes poetic about his past players accomplishments and tweets a good game, but can’t produce on the field. What’s the allure? There is nothing that draws kids to this program. Buy-in won’t last unless it starts to translate into wins. The body language of the players speaks volumes. At the end oof today’s game there were a lot of players walking around with hunched shoulders. That’s not a good sign. Kids aren’t stupid and I’ll bet Randy’s Stop is growing tiresome amongst them. It’s no coincidence kids transfer out and do well elsewhere.

Don't agree with the conclusion here. UConn plays 5 P5 teams next year in only their first year as an Indy. What other non P5 team plays that many? I doubt any. Kids who might be under recruited and have a chip on the shoulder will love the change to show what they can do. I wouldn't be against replacing Edsall providing they have the right guy lined up. But the team is improving and will be better soon. Could someone else get us there faster - maybe. What transfers have left and done better elsewhere. I think the answer is none.

Reaction Score
So what’s next...?

So he’s not flying back with the team???
Don't agree with the conclusion here. UConn plays 5 P5 teams next year in only their first year as an Indy. What other non P5 team plays that many? I doubt any. Kids who might be under recruited and have a chip on the shoulder will love the change to show what they can do. I wouldn't be against replacing Edsall providing they have the right guy lined up. But the team is improving and will be better soon. Could someone else get us there faster - maybe. What transfers have left and done better elsewhere. I think the answer is none.
Uhhh...Notre Dame.

Tyler Davis (Georgia Tech) and Darrin Beavers (Cincinnati) come to mind.

If you think this team is improving, I’ve got a bridge for sale.....

Reaction Score
Randy is improving the talent and speed. He just can’t get out of his own way on offense and as much as I want him to succeed, I’ve concluded he will never let better qualified people make decisions for him. He’s incapable of true delegation. Cut bait.

Reaction Score

Tyler Davis (Georgia Tech) and Darrin Beavers (Cincinnati) come to mind. If you think this team is improving, I’ve got a bridge for sale.....
Its not. Its stuck in quicksand. It really bothers me that Edsall and some like Orlovsky were so critical of the program under Diaco. We all agree Diaco had to go but there is no defense of Edsall at this point either.

C

Chief00

I don’t understand any argument for continuity, continue what?
If he gets fired it would be soon and from his perspective - what better narrative to be fired - while he’s out on the road trying to make the team better.

Reaction Score

Uhhh...Notre Dame.

Tyler Davis (Georgia Tech) and Darrin Beavers (Cincinnati) come to mind.

If you think this team is improving, I’ve got a bridge for sale.....
Davis caught 15 balls this year. If you think he is better than Rose and I've got a bridge for you. Beavers was a loss. Look I'm not happy about this year and I'm not defending Randy other than to say they are better. But to say no one would want to play here and the guys who left are all staring elsewhere is pure childlike fiction.

Reaction Score
Bring in Will Healy (now bowl eligible at UNCC) and his crew. Exciting, young offensive mind. Makes $700k currently.
Not knowing jack diddily about Healy, turns out he was a QB/WR coach with recruiting coordinator experience at TN Chattanooga before rebuilding a bad FCS Austin Peay program also in TN in 3 years albeit mostly with a prior coach’s recruits. To Healy’s credit, he reportedly dramatically improved AP’s recruiting, W-L record, and was 2017 FCS coach of the year (better than Broyles awards?).

Now, even if RE was departing,
1. Healy is a 1st year FBS head coach, 2. What’s the likelihood a guy with zero coaching experience outside TN and NC would leave a program after 1 year of success mostly with a prior regime’s recruits and in a region he knows well for many, many unknowns?

More dinero perhaps, better facilities, other unknowns, but ...

Sounds like a young guy some schools will keep an eye on ...

Reaction Score
Don't think Edsall will get canned. No way, BUT, if it did happen, with all the clamoring going on with Pitt fans on social media outlets, a guy who might make sense here might be Pat Narduzzi. Yeah, he spurned us before, then we hired Disco, but his teams play tough physical football. That's something we've lacked for several years.

That's only IF, of course.

Since Edsall is more than likely staying, I sure hope we get some real blue collar hog mollies up front on BOTH sides of the football. We've lost way too many battles up front in big spots. EVERYTHING starts up front.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Right now, the vote is 32 to get rid of him and 28 to keep him. Not sure if I'm more shocked that more than half want him gone or that almost half want him to stay...

Reaction Score
What a rough ending to a rough year. To a rough decade. To a rough conference tenure that pushed us down rather than lift us up.

So what's next? The independent schedule looks promising. But who's captaining this ship next year? Do folks think we'll have the same coach or a new one? And if we'll have a new one, is there one that we can afford to have here?
The whiskey gets stronger and the results stay the same...
Absolutely NO Attack here Dan but really ??? You are one of the most ardent supporters of the program always positive. You have most recently thanked and welcomed every new recruit to the program. Now you post a poll sending a message that you think the one recruiting them may not be here. One has to think the holiday whiskey is influencing your thought process. VERY unlike UConnDan97 thread.
Time and again people have to be reminded of what was on the table upon Randy's return and the time line of recruiting. Then the table cloth gets pulled! (Conference)
Randy gets another year minimum possibly two. Then again most know this and we just keep on rehashing it.

Reaction Score
Let's just got full Sleeze and bring in Art Briles, Bobby Petrino or Lane Kiffin. Low admission standards for athletes and for the love of god pay the damn assistants.

Reaction Score
Davis caught 15 balls this year. If you think he is better than Rose and I've got a bridge for you. Beavers was a loss. Look I'm not happy about this year and I'm not defending Randy other than to say they are better. But to say no one would want to play here and the guys who left are all staring elsewhere is pure childlike fiction.
Sometimes you have look beyond the stats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom