So whats are starting lineup gonna look like against Depaul | Page 2 | The Boneyard

So whats are starting lineup gonna look like against Depaul

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Well, she has been fully dressed the last two games I believe. Certainly, last night.
Azzi warmed up but was wearing the white (non contact) pinney. She’s not ready yet

F3F57365-5CB0-4E1A-B608-38DE32BCCCE3.jpeg

Reaction Score
I’m already regretting responding, but let me again say this is an opinion, which rarely carries with it a right or a wrong. To say no chance is also an opinion. When was the first and last time, in a sweet 18 or elite 8 game, with players of the caliber of Azzi and Caroline, given their reported conditions, that this situation even presented itself, so to state no chance or that Geno would not act contrary to the medical staff’s recommendation is conjecture, and yes I understand protocol and past practice based on a set of not so identical set of circumstances. Maybe the counter comments here are spot on? Geno never went against the rules? Hey Pat Summitt, you on board here?
It's not an opinion. Geno said he gets told who he can and cannot play. Do you think Geno is lying?

Dogstar

Of course I'm Sirius
Reaction Score
There is no chance this would happen. Geno has made it very clear many times that he does not get to decide when a player is ready and can return to games and/or practice. Geno has a boss too, and what do you think would happen if Geno unilaterally decided to go against the company rules?
They'd fire him?

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Im hoping Aaliyah and Caroline are back. As far as Azzi seeing some action. After Depaul we have St Johns who is playing good BB right now. STJ is ranked in the top 25. I think if Azzi is ready she will see some time against Depaul. Then again if the coaching staff thinks we dont need Azzi to win against St Johns assuming she can go, then she may not see any action. One thing I would think is for sure we will want everybody ready to go against Tenn @ Tenn which is Jan 26. So the time limit on getting Caroline and Azzi going isnt far away so I would expect to see both of them in action very shortly. With that said we can not risk them being reinjured.

Just a note. Although Depaul has Morrow they and St Johns dont have the height/inside game that UConn has.

So whats are starting lineup gonna look like against Depaul?​

Patchwork. :confused:

Last edited:

Carnac

Reaction Score
There is no chance this would happen. Geno has made it very clear many times that he does not get to decide when a player is ready and can return to games and/or practice. Geno has a boss too, and what do you think would happen if Geno unilaterally decided to go against the company rules?
Hoops, you could have stopped after the first sentance........NO CHANCE!!!! You don't coach 38 years being brash and stupid.

To be perfecctly clear.....................If ANY coach were to put any player in any sport into a game without total and complete medical clearence, and that player reinjured themselves, THE SCHOOL WOULD BE SUED...............AND RIGHTFULLY SO. That coach could start packing his/her boxes immediately after the game because they would be gone. THE AD would have his butt cheeks on a plate. :mad: THAT is one of the first rules you learn in coaching 101.

Remember what Clint Eastwood said in one of his Dirty Harry movies.................."A man's gotta know his limitations." ;)

Last edited:

Carnac

Reaction Score
Nope. Never. Geno defers to the medical staff every time, has since he started coaching
See my narrative above.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I’m already regretting responding, but let me again say this is an opinion, which rarely carries with it a right or a wrong. To say no chance is also an opinion. When was the first and last time, in a sweet 18 or elite 8 game, with players of the caliber of Azzi and Caroline, given their reported conditions, that this situation even presented itself, so to state no chance or that Geno would not act contrary to the medical staff’s recommendation is conjecture, and yes I understand protocol and past practice based on a set of not so identical set of circumstances. Maybe the counter comments here are spot on? Geno never went against the rules? Hey Pat Summitt, you on board here?
Dorka was cleared by the medical staff and Geno stated that she can play. Yet Dorka sat for three more games because she didn't think that she was ready. So I believe that the order is;

1. Medical staff clears the player for play
2. Coach says she is ready
3. Player is the ultimate decider on when they play

Carnac

Reaction Score
Dorka was cleared by the medical staff and Geno stated that she can play. Yet Dorka sat for three more games because she didn't think that she was ready. So I believe that the order is;

You got it Serge. That is the "pecking order" as I understand it. 2 & 3 don't happen before #1 does. The medical staff, not the coach. I can't understand how some fans don't know that, or have that understanding. :confused: THAT dynaic is as basic as knowing and understanding you've got to put water in the pool BEFORE you jump in. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Carnac

Reaction Score
They'd fire him?
Most likely. It's called vicarious liability. vicarious liability. n. sometimes called "imputed liability," attachment of responsibility to a person for harm or damages caused by another person in either a negligence lawsuit or criminal prosecution.

Another example: Vicarious liability is a type of strict liability. Those who are sued under this legal doctrine can be held accountable for losses even without negligence. For example, if a server in a restaurant drops a hot pot of coffee on you and burns you, the restaurant is liable for the server's actions.

A lawsuit of this nature would cost the university millions. Millions they can't afford (and that's not in the budget), and millions they should not have had to pay out. Would you want a coach in your imploy that was not smart or experienced enough to make a decision(s) that would not expose you (the university) to a costly lawsuits?

Carnac

Reaction Score
Azzi warmed up but was wearing the white (non contact) pinney. She’s not ready yet

View attachment 82759
When I look at this picture, I almost feel like Azzi is telling me......................."I'm coming back.......soon. and when I do...................:eek:"

Carnac

Reaction Score
Most likely. It's called vicarious liability. vicarious liability. n. sometimes called "imputed liability," attachment of responsibility to a person for harm or damages caused by another person in either a negligence lawsuit or criminal prosecution.

Another example: Vicarious liability is a type of strict liability. Those who are sued under this legal doctrine can be held accountable for losses even without negligence. For example, if a server in a restaurant drops a hot pot of coffee on you and burns you, the restaurant is liable for the server's actions.

A lawsuit of this nature would cost the university millions. Millions they can't afford (and that's not in the budget), and millions they should not have had to pay out. Would you want a coach in your imploy that was not smart or experienced enough to make a decision(s) that would not expose you (the university) to a costly lawsuits?
Typo correction: imploy employ

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Have it your way.

Brewski

To infinity and beyond!
Reaction Score
One the one hand, I wonder why threads like this thrive on the Boneyard. The lineup will be whatever it's gonna be. One the other hand, I read every post here and enjoyed the hell out of it.

Carnac

Reaction Score
One the one hand, I wonder why threads like this thrive on the Boneyard. The lineup will be whatever it's gonna be. One the other hand, I read every post here and enjoyed the hell out of it.
Welcome to the Boneyard. That's right!! CD is gonna dance with whoever dresses and is able to answer the bell Sunday. ;) Just like she did the last two games. Sometimes you don't know until AFTER the morning shoot a round who is good to go.

You pull 'em up, lace 'em up, run, huddle up, then run out onto the the court and get after it and hope for the best. That's all you can do. :cool:

Last edited:

Dogstar

Of course I'm Sirius
Reaction Score

Great Post!

Dogstar

Of course I'm Sirius
Reaction Score

I'm not a person tht thk or says..
She needs to play
She's gotta play
The team needs her to play and my favorite, the one with the latent cryptic message of
I or WE want her to play.... now!

Reaction Score
Aubrey
Lou
Dorka
Nika
Caroline

Personally, I'd sit Caroline whenever Morrow is playing. Nothing good can come with their coexistence.

Reaction Score
Personally, I'd sit Caroline whenever Morrow is playing. Nothing good can come with their coexistence.
I’m with you on this one. In the game last year at DePaul, Morrow knocked Caroline to the floor a couple times — no whistles in Chicago of course.

Reaction Score
I posted earlier the UCONN vs DePaul game has been postponed because UCONN only has 6 schiolarship players available for sunday's game!
Edwards, Caroline Ducharme Azzi and Patterson are injured!

Reaction Score
Me at the 2
Coco at the 1
Carnac at the 5
Nan at the 4 spot
And Meyers at the 3.

Subs. Inez, Dorka, Aubrey, Nika and Amari
Let’s goooooo!!

Reaction Score

I bet there is some very serious discussion between the coach and the player once medically cleared to play. With Geno I'm sure it's always what's best for the player.

What I don't think happens is a player randomly saying "Nah, I don't want to play" without a good reason and heart to heart discussion with the coach.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom