So what happened to all the Big XII talk? | Page 6 | The Boneyard

So what happened to all the Big XII talk?

Reaction Score
Just took a look at the school calendar for Hartford public schools and they start on Tuesday Aug 29. So it would appear that schools are starting early this year.

Reaction Score
Just took a look at the school calendar for Hartford public schools and they start on Tuesday Aug 29. So it would appear that schools are starting early this year.
I don't think that's early. School always started before Labor Day even a full week to ten days before depending on the school district. This ain't New York.

Reaction Score
Or Arizona they start school here at the end of July. I know they get out in May so it is all relative.

Reaction Score
starting school on Thursday??!?!
Yeah it was stupid. Someone posted Tuesday. Now that i think of it they may start earlier now but yeah, they would start that Thursday before the holiday. Annoying.

Reaction Score
I don't think that's early. School always started before Labor Day even a full week to ten days before depending on the school district. This ain't New York.
Not always. How old are you? This changed i want to say when Bush 1 changed the number of mandatory school days i believe.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score

2. How much will realignment dominate the conversation?​

Wilson: The league has reportedly flirted with Colorado and UConn, in addition to discussing the idea of adding Gonzaga for basketball only. Yormark will likely do his best impression of a politician, having to dance around the specific examples while also making it clear that the league is still "open for business," as he's said in the past.

Connelly: I'm sure he would love nothing more than to announce the addition of Colorado, UConn, Gonzaga, Arizona and the Monterrey Institute of Technology from the dais, but that's probably not happening. Realignment will almost certainly come up many times, but these stories tend to break when we least expect it.

Reaction Score
I don't know if Benedict is more Machiavellian, but he appears to be putting in the work under the radar rather than sipping piña colada's in the Virgin Islands.

I have a healthy skepticism about all of this because…. CR Rule#1..., but I do appreciate the quiet businesslike way Dave seems to be approaching things.
I always thought this board was hilarious because it's been going on for a decade and I never thought we were getting an invite anywhere. This is the first time I actually do think we'll be joining the Big 12.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I always thought this board was hilarious because it's been going on for a decade and I never thought we were getting an invite anywhere. This is the first time I actually do think we'll be joining the Big 12.
There's an awful lot of smoke, but we've seen that quite a bit in the past. At this point, I have a pretty healthy skepticism about any potential move.

CL82

Reaction Score
Past smoke was us smelling our own farts.
But, this time it's different for sure, right?

I have developed a good amount of skepticism. It's a healthy thing to do as a Connecticut fan.

Reaction Score
But, this time it's different for sure, right?

I have developed a good amount of skepticism. It's a healthy thing to do as a Connecticut fan.
It sure feels different. The only time it felt like it was going to happen was when we had the Syracuse and Pitt defections. Most of us just assumed we would be going to the ACC but we had no idea our AD and school were sound asleep at the wheel. This is very different than that.

CL82

Reaction Score
It sure feels different. The only time it felt like it was going to happen was when we had the Syracuse and Pitt defections. Most of us just assumed we would be going to the ACC but we had no idea our AD and school were sound asleep at the wheel. This is very different than that.
Leo Dicaprio Shrug GIF

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom