So what do we know about Hurley? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

So what do we know about Hurley?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
What about the quick hook? Does he use the quick hook?

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Coaches tend to be one or the other. Everyone knows. Well, not everyone.
Not the ones I have been associated with.

Maybe writing coaches are like that.

Sorry for your loss.

Reaction Score

Thanks for digging this up. This was an "open" practice (being miked up and all) and he's more intense than KO reportedly was at our last open practice. I'm excited for more of this sort of coaching.

RoderickSpode

7th Earl of Sidcup
Reaction Score
I love this quote from the Norlander column:
"I'm like a fixer, man," Hurley said. "I love broken $***. I love fixing stuff. I enjoy improving things. … I'd rather take a job like Rhode Island than take a turn-key job. For me, I find it more rewarding, a more exciting challenge to create something from nothing."

This dude is hungry. Talk all you want about Xs & Os and recruiting, but that fire in him is what truly has me hopeful.

Reaction Score
He runs a lot of PnR on offense, but what our fanbase should enjoy is that it's a modern pick and roll with plenty of weakside action to occupy the defense and create additional opportunities. As opposed to KO's PnR, which was essentially a high PnR while three others stood still.

Reaction Score
Thanks. There are certainly worse things than having a foul mouthed, tough, Irish, SOB on the UConn sideline.

Don't forget he's half Polish, so you can also figure he's somewhat analytical and scientific in his approach to things, even in his choice of swear words.

Reaction Score
Remember when just about everyone on this board criticized Manuel for not stepping up and signing Ollie right away after we beat Michigan State in Europe? I 'm not a fan of revisionist history.

I didn't have a problem with the initial signing, but I don't believe it was the norm to fully guarantee a five year contract like Manuel negotiated and Benedict signed shortly after his arrival. Maybe it is but there haven't been enough high profile firings to get a sense of what these contracts are like today.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I didn't have a problem with the initial signing, but I don't believe it was the norm to fully guarantee a five year contract like Manuel negotiated and Benedict signed shortly after his arrival. Maybe it is but there haven't been enough high profile firings to get a sense of what these contracts are like today.

I've heard from fairly reliable sources that Manuel had nothing to do with it. Benedict drafted, negotiated, and signed the deal all on his own (obviously with SH).

The above is a boneyard meme.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
@8893 notice the top button?
Yes, I saw that when it was posted yesterday and meant to post about it then, but it got lost somewhere when I was sucked into the vortex of the Some Guy thread. Good to see.

I was also going to note, however, that he seems to frequently commit another pet peeve of mine, which is having his tie knot hang so low on his dress shirts that his buttoned top button shows there. My rule is, if you're going to let your tie hang, unbutton the top button. Like JC.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom