So what did everyone think of Jordan Swann? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

So what did everyone think of Jordan Swann?

cttxus

The CT-TX-US Connection: Historic, Alive and Well
Reaction Score
LOL. The boneyard.

That kid, as long as he doesn't get his head smashed, is going to be a fantastic player. It takes ice water in your veins and balls of steel to play like that kid last night in that position and role on a football team, and his return on kick late in the game was key.
All I could think about when he tore through the coverage a couple of times was we have another Nick Williams in the making here. That kid has great potential. He's going to give us an average of 10 yards better field position on punts, and break more than one for a TD this year. Mark it down. The last thing you want to do with him is break his confidence. Mistakes like he made can be corrected, and will be.

C

Chief00

I thought Swann has the attitude to be a terrific return man. He made two bad plays but he is exciting fast and fearless. To the degree that Holy Cross was kicking away from him later in the game. I suspect he will take something all the way before the year is over. Maybe a couple of somethings. And I loved his comment that at the college level we even have plays and stuff for the return game.

Quite frankly, Randy is correct trying to add speed anywhere he can given our team speed issue.

Reaction Score
CROSS-SPORT COMPARISON:

Reminds me of a young Mariah Jefferson. Very speedy, but turn-over prone. With some experience and fine-tuning, he'll become a star just like Jefferson.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
There was a punt return at the start of, I believe our third touchdown drive where the returner took it from our 20 to the 50 in about 3 seconds. Caught it and just incredible straight line speed. Was that Swann or Skanes? That was unlike anything I've seen since we had Deshon Foxx. And in his defense, that kick off had the craziest hook I think I've ever seen.

cttxus

The CT-TX-US Connection: Historic, Alive and Well
Reaction Score
Watched RE speak to him after he got hammered on non-fair catch. He walked away with a smile on his face. So whatever was said, I imagine RE coached him up with a positive message. I think he is going to be very good and I think those mistakes are behind him. Looking for really good things.
HCRE to Swann, "Swanny, good job holding onto the ball there, but the team needs you in one piece for the rest of the season. And the next time you don't call for a fair catch you better give me 10 yards or I'm pulling your butt off the field".

Reaction Score
Low bar, but he seemed to have the best tackling instincts out of any of the newcomers. He definitely impressed me more than Bell and Fortt in that regard.
He may very well end up being a good player for us. He just didn't have a good game. People are welcome to disagree but I just didn't see it

Reaction Score
He's a freshman and didn't have a great game. The kid has guts and is really fast I won't quit on him for awhile. I finally saw a coach want us to actually gain yards and a really fast player who was aggressive but made mistakes. Benching this kid would be stupid. The coaches will get him going and playing like a veteran. Nothing wrong with the negative comments but I think he'll be very good.

Last edited by a moderator:

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Everyone has been clamoring for kick returns for years. Until that point we still hadn't had one. So long as it was just about getting that first one in and doesn't become a habit, I have no issue with him shunning the fair catch there.

The wind held it up at the last minute giving the coverage time to close in. Same on the one over his head, the wind caused a very returnable line drive to sail. The fumble is on him though. Can't.

I like the looks of him very much. Will expect him to play it straight going forward.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom