So the new AD wants to improve the game day experience... | The Boneyard

So the new AD wants to improve the game day experience...

Status
Not open for further replies.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
and is seeking input. This sure sounds like an opportunity to me. Why don't we list the changes that we feel should be made (yes, I know it's been done in the past) and then shop them collectively via email to Benedict?

It seems like an opportunity to me, and the Boneyard is a good a sample as any for generating good ideas.

Reaction Score
When I went to the last UConn-West Virginia game in Morgantown they used there ribbon boards to get the crowd into cheers. I think one half the stadium said "Let's Go" and the other half "Mountaineers". We don't have to do something exactly like that but we do have ribbon boards now and it would be great to get the crowd who may not know the student chants into it.

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
It has been mentioned many times before, but I would love to see a pack of Husky Dogs come out of the tunnel, with UConn Cornelius riding the sleigh. Also, it should be to our old lead in song, O'Fortuna?
So a friend of mine and I were approached by Jonathan at the signing day event last month. We both have been pining for something like this only it's Jonathan himself riding on the back of some sort of dog sled on wheels. He loved and and hinted that he has been throwing this idea around the powers that be as well. This ws done via paw sign language and whatnot because well, dogs don't talk.It's also possible it may have a girl under the suit.

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
My game day wish list in no specific order:

• Get fans in their seats alot quicker. Yeah, I know..good luck but on ething that might help. Call for a 30 minute before kickoff leave the lot rule. Great Woods does this and it is effective. We might actually have a few more thousand fans in the seats at kickoff. I know other schools/ teams do this as well. Don't have a list available but I know I read it somewhere.
  • Ax the current PA announcer and get one that understands college football atmospheres and when to shut up.
  • Lower the amount of sponsor ads over the PA. We can read the video board. Use that.
  • Get someone to play appropriate "pump up" music at the appropriate times. Stop screwing with our 3rd down jam.
  • Get rid of the "And that's another UConn .........1st down!". It's dumb and we know it.
In any event.....win on the field and alot of these dumb things will fix themselves.

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
All great ideas. Can you please ask for a Dairy Bar, inside and outside the Rent.
...amazing that there isn't one yet. Stupid there isn't really. I will submit that.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Roll the Oaks!!!

Reaction Score
You guys need to get more creative if you're worried about getting people in for kickoff. Those people know exactly what time it is and are willingly getting in some extra libations and pork sandwiches at their tail gaits. To think that a stupid horn or howling dog will get people in on time is not realistic. It will only annoy the crap out of people.

Also, if you're looking for a sure fire way to see a 10k average attendance, force people to wrap up their tail gaits a half hour before kickoff.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
You guys need to get more creative if you're worried about getting people in for kickoff. Those people know exactly what time it is and are willingly getting in some extra libations and pork sandwiches at their tail gaits. To think that a stupid horn or howling dog will get people in on time is not realistic. It will only annoy the crap out of people.

Also, if you're looking for a sure fire way to see a 10k average attendance, force people to wrap up their tail gaits a half hour before kickoff.
So what's the answer? How do we create an incentive to get butts in the seats, especially students. "Swag points?" Not entirely sure how you keep track of that.

I think the air raid siren is already a bit of a brand. I'd use that as a heads up. If you time it right it could be an effective reminder, if not overused to the point of annoyance.

Reaction Score
When I was in Dallas a few years ago they showed former SMU player highlights in the NFL during half time.

That would be pretty cool to see us do.
Especially during big recruiting weekends with targets in attendance.

Reaction Score
...amazing that there isn't one yet. Stupid there isn't really. I will submit that.
There was when the Rent first opened. I think the sales dropped off for the cold weather games.

Reaction Score
There was when the Rent first opened. I think the sales dropped off for the cold weather games.

They should have Dairy Bar push carts or something then if that's the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom