So, the Banks thread got me thinking | The Boneyard

So, the Banks thread got me thinking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
about Burk's comment that she would have loved to see this game played with the 3 starters Louisville lost to injury. Imagine our team with a healthy Banks and Dolson and Hartley all season. I say bring it on.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
and Stokes without her injuries
I did some reading and not only did Stokes have a shin injury (stress reaction) that really limited her during the year, but she also apparently had back problems. This comes after having an ankle injury last year. Part of the consistency issue for her, I think, has been her health. I REALLY hope she rests up this summer and is 100% healthy to start the season next year. I'd love to see what she can do with a full season health-wise...

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I just don't want her to be considered a "head-case" with problems "between the ears" etc. as a few are suggesting

Reaction Score
It seems to me that UCONN is one of the few programs that do not make excuses. I think Geno and Chris do a heckuva job in letting the players know that they win or lose on their own merit. We were injured and dinged up all year, especially in the tournament. We lost Banks for the year, and she really could have helped us in the NCAA's.A lot of people do not remember but Caroline was fast as hell, and could really play with 2 legs ! Stef was on 1 leg, and Kiah was hurt much worse than than most people knew.

I am very surprised that one of Jeff Walzes players would make that statement. I was also surprised when Kim Mulkey criticized the officials when her club went down to Louisville.

Geno lets the officials know how he feels during the game . He will vent, get T'd up sometime then he is through. It is soo funny though to see Chris Dailey chase Geno to keep him from getting a T !

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I just don't want her to be considered a "head-case" with problems "between the ears" etc. as a few are suggesting
She isn't anything like a "head-case." Yes, she dealt with numerous physical issues all year.

Reaction Score

She is not. From what I saw, she totally enjoyed winning the Nattie. IMHO, she is a little like Tina, just too nice and easy going. And Tina had her mom pushing her every step of the way. IMHO, she is a very smart young lady and as a rising upperclassman she will concentrate more and surprise everyone with her intensity next year. When she signed her LOI, she indicated that she picked UConn because she wanted to be pushed and she wanted to play BB beyond college. Healthy, she will be on her way next year and split the time with Stef.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I am very surprised that one of Jeff Walzes players would make that statement.
It was Doris Burke, not a Louisville player that made the statement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom