So Sad | The Boneyard

So Sad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
After two games in our new conference it really hits home just how bad the conference realignment can be for us. Uninspired play against teams nobody cares about, awful refs (bad calls all the way around), 10th string announcers pulling for the new teams trying to build them up while dragging us down. Until today I still believed that we would still remain relevant by beating up on the conference teams while playing a strong out of conference schedule. Starting off 0-2 really points out the reality that we could very easily fade off into oblivion sooner than we think.

Reaction Score
And whose fault is that?

Some of you people are unreal!

It's the league's fault we are unrelevant? It's the league's fault they failed to show up and lost to 2 unranked NIT at best level teams?

Do the bad announcers cause our bigs to not rebound? Do the bad announcers cause Napier to wait until 30 mins in to do something? Do the bad announcers and the new league cause Ollie to sit there and not know when to call a timeout?

Good freaking lord! The excuses are unbelievable.

We got much bigger problems than this league right now. We are our own worst enemy. And scariest of all...we may not have the right guy coaching us.

We would still be ranked and relevant if we took care of business. Apparently we are not good enough to do that. For whatever reason. Don't sit here and try to blame conference realignment for that.

Last edited:

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Maybe Uconn should accept the fact that this conference isn't as bad as we think..

Reaction Score
I think that the terrible "in game" coaching, lack of a frontcourt, and lack of any tenacity or fire have a little more to do with it!

Reaction Score
And whose fault is that?

It's the league's fault we are unrelevant? It's the league's fault they failed to show up and lost to 2 unranked NIT at best level teams?

Do the bad announcers cause our bigs to not rebound? Do the bad announcers cause Napier to wait until 30 mins in to do something? Do the bad announcers and the new league cause Ollie to sit there and not know when to call a timeout?

Good freaking LORD! The excuses are unbelievable!

We got much bigger problems than this league right now. We are our own worst enemy. And scariest of all...we may not have the right guy coaching us.

We would still be ranked and relevant if we took care of business. Apparently we are not good enough to do that. For whatever reason. Don't sit here and try to blame conference realignment for that.

Reaction Score
And whose fault is that?

Good freaking lord! The excuses are unbelievable.

Lighten up Francis, I was merely lamenting that if we continue to play uninspired like the last two games our current conference situation will only hasten our decline. I have been a Uconn fan for too long through the good and the bad to get pounced on by you.

Reaction Score
Lighten up Francis, I was merely lamenting that if we continue to play uninspired like the last two games our current conference situation will only hasten our decline. I have been a Uconn fan for too long through the good and the bad to get pounced on by you.

If the conference situation will mean our decline shouldn't that mean UConn should be....inspired...to win every time they go on the court?

Lament at the people who deserve it, the coaches and players.

Reaction Score
If the conference situation will mean our decline shouldn't that mean UConn should be....inspired...to win every time they go on the court?

They are the ones playing uninspired ,,,, or think they just need to show up to win.

Reaction Score
After two games in our new conference it really hits home just how bad the conference realignment can be for us. Uninspired play against teams nobody cares about, awful refs (bad calls all the way around), 10th string announcers pulling for the new teams trying to build them up while dragging us down. Until today I still believed that we would still remain relevant by beating up on the conference teams while playing a strong out of conference schedule. Starting off 0-2 really points out the reality that we could very easily fade off into oblivion sooner than we think.

It points out how bad we are on the inside. It seems we have to have an outside gme to compete with anybody and their outside game has been bad along with the inside game. Bazz did virtually nothing from the outside and Giffey was non-existent from 3. All these failures add up to 1 big loss, or I should say 2. They missed a 3 pointer 7 times before 1 was made at the start. Olander was terrible letting his man by him several times in the 1st 6 minutes causing the early deficit and the replacements were not much better. You cannot win without at least a fair inside game. We have virtually none.

Reaction Score
It points out how bad we are on the inside. It seems we have to have an outside gme to compete with anybody and their outside game has been bad along with the inside game. Bazz did virtually nothing from the outside and Giffey was non-existent from 3. All these failures add up to 1 big loss, or I should say 2. They missed a 3 pointer 7 times before 1 was made at the start. Olander was terrible letting his man by him several times in the 1st 6 minutes causing the early deficit and the replacements were not much better. You cannot win without at least a fair inside game. We have virtually none.
For some reason it seems like they were passing up open threes and forcing the extra pass to the inside only to lose the ball. Their confidence in the three has seemed to disappear.

Reaction Score
For some reason it seems like they were passing up open threes and forcing the extra pass to the inside only to lose the ball. Their confidence in the three has seemed to disappear.[/quote

they pass on the 3 because they aren't hitting them. they missed the first 7 3's that were attempted to start the game so they tried to feed it inside where the bigs bobbled the ball all over the place. It's a lose lose proposition.

Reaction Score
Quite frankly it looked like this was the first game these guys were playing together at times today. We can not lose Thursday so the Coaching staff better get this straightened out.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
You can complain about whatever you choose but we have no front court. I've never seen anyone as bad as Brimah playing at this level. Outside of some blocks, he can't defend, shoot, catch a pass or show any muscle. The other two aren't far ahead of him. We win when Shabazz is amazing. And what is up with him? Sick? Knickers in a bunch?
OK, there are 2 reasons we lost, no front court and 'Bazz forgot who he is.

Reaction Score
Blaming the Conference is ridiculous. And squawking about how we belong in a better place than the AAC rings pretty hollow right about now, doesn't it? We can't even beat the teams we denigrate as being not worthy of us. I have a better idea. To paraphrase an old poker cry---Shut Up and Win.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
It comes down to Ws - I don't care about the conference/schedule/officiating
The players should approach every game with the thought its going to be a tough game and we are needing the win for the big picture - The big dance in March - nothing other than that matters to a program as big as UConn.
These players are thinking other things - how to impress NBA scouts (haha), these teams are pushovers. Bazz will save us tonight, etc.
As far as KO and the coaches? - I don't have a good read but either KO realizes he has a bunch of under achievers and is trying to figure out a way to win with them or maybe these guys are just not as good as 80% of those contributing (including myself) to this blog had thought.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Based on the title of this thread, I was afraid one of our players had died or taken the Tate George route. I'm less sad having realized that's not the case.

Reaction Score
The real is issue is that football controls all sports. Uconn will likely never be a big time player in football and thus will never get invited to a major conference dragging the hoops program along. The bball team thrived in the former big east and got the recruits, recognition, etc without the benefit of the huge $$ generated by football. With all of the realignment that has occurred I'm afraid the bball team lost in musical chairs because of the lack of football

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score

Ok then I blame you! :) I think you deserve the blame more than the conference, coaches or players.

Ok sarcasm button is off. I love the blame game. Things go wrong and everyone wants heads to roll. Too many Queen of Hearts type people in this world.

Could the players have played better and the coaches coached better? Absolutely. But the team's performance doesn't imply they and the coaches are failures. It's easy to get frustrated at the way the team has played this season. It's easy to find fault and make suggestions about improvements. But I'm not sure how anyone can say with certainty that their suggestions would be better.

Let's just take free scooters suggestion that a different coach would have this team running better. How does anyone know that? It is easy to make statements when those statements can't be verified. Outside of Brimah, these are JC's players and the last team he coached did not perform well.

I felt the SMU game was KO's worst coaching game, in that some of the choices he made, I would't have made. But that doesn't mean I would have been correct nor does it mean he didn't have valid reasons for his choices. It's easy to second guess people when our guessing has no consequences.

So even though I do not blame you I do fear that attitudes such as this thread are setting up some bad karma.

Reaction Score
Quite frankly it looked like this was the first game these guys were playing together at times today. We can not lose Thursday so the Coaching staff better get this straightened out.
I thought the game was Wednesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc