So proud of this team... | The Boneyard

So proud of this team...

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
In a season where most (even UCONN fans) thought that it would be a rebuilding year, we have beaten 2 teams many experts thought would get us this season. Many thought the final 4 was our maximum upside. So far, this team is proving most everyone wrong! Gabby, Lou, and Pheesa are truly sensational. There is no better trio of players in the country, IMHO.

We outrebounded ND by 3, had more assists (18-14), and were called for 4 less fouls, to a team who in the past has offered a PhD in flopping. We were also 19-20 from the charity stripe.

And lest we forget the rest of the team - Chong, Nurse, Dangerfield and Butler all showed they belong out on the court, even against the 2nd best team in the nation. So proud of this team!

Reaction Score
Yes I agree 100%. Last year, you knew what to,expect. This year you really didn't know and with they way they played so far his season, makes this season even more worthwhile. I know UCONN haven't won anything yet but I'm loving the way they're playing. (Especially Gabby and Pheese)

Reaction Score
Thanks for having such a fun TEAM to watch. I was a stout Louisville fan for 4 years and recently tired of Walz. That was a great job by your TEAM. I'm not a UConn fan but I sure am envious of how well you share the ball. Makes you want to keep watching WBB. Well done!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The game was won on the foul line 19-4. the Huskies shot 19 for 20 and the Irish made 4 out of 8.
End of story. Nice going Gabby, you were great tonight. This was a great win in ND, has to be a
great confidence builder for this team. GO HUSKIES!!!!

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Incredible poise

Incredible execution

Incredible communication

Incredible grit and toughness (umm Gabby?!!!)

A very special win, for all the purest reasons that student athletes play the game. Nothing external, not the streak, not the rankings, just preparation and the challenge of competition.

An even better win than the Baylor home win in 2010. And that's saying a lot! A lotta lot!

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
The beauty of this team is that they're not playing up to their potential. Their half court game is sketchy, their backcourt doesn't give them enough offense and is so-so on defense (though improving), and for stretches of time they seem to lose focus. Yet they are still beating these so-called contenders by double digits. What's to say?

Reaction Score
Geno with Muffet's team blows everybody out. Muffet too loyal to Westbeld, should have benched Mabrey, and gone to her better athletes. Agumwale 4 for 17, tougher to score against a switching team defense. But WHAT A GAME ! Great cutting and passing, toughness, pride, and Gabby, hanging from the scoreboard.

Reaction Score
What I love about this team is that we've gotten to see incredible flashes of sheer beauty from almost every member of this team. This is not simply the "_____ show!" (insert any given member) every time they step on the court. There is a balance to this team that I don't think we can take for granted. They've played so unselfishly this year by putting the ball in the hands of the one who has hot palms that night - whether it be Pheese, KLS, Gabs, or Kia. Even Crystal Dangerfield had a beautiful game against Baylor. While we see consistency from some rather than others, it's not just a single person shouldering the offense. Whoever is hot that night is hot, and they embrace it and enable that person to make those shots and be in the zone. That, for me, is the most exciting thing about this team.

They also fill in the cracks for each other, and they do what they can on all aspects of the floor. Kia isn't having a good offensive night? She's playing stellar D. Gabby isn't getting good looks? She's rebounding and assisting. It's filling in the blanks of each other and finding the right chemistry that works. I could probably go on, but I'd be here a while.

Nothing more to say about this team other than they've shown up and shown out this year when not many people expected them to have the resiliency to do so. Geno & Co. are truly the greatest of all time.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
As an aside I really hope Jackie Young is okay. Ankle injuries can be notoriously slow to heal, and the way she rolled her's tonight. Man!

I'm hoping that because it didn't appear that she had a lot of weight *directly over* it when it rolled that it won't turn out to be an extreme ankle injury. Certainly it was at least a moderately bad version of this common injury but I think there's a good shot that she's back before too long.

Reaction Score
They are a lot more mentally tougher than many thought. Fighters, gamers, durable.

Not me! I have been posting about the toughness of the core of this team from day one. It was on full display for the entire country to see. I've been saying there is an understated toughness that will win them many games and possibly another NC.
I think many undervalued the fact that this core has been apart of a couple of NC, they know what it takes to win big games in hostile enviroments. That was evident tonight, they were teh more poised and battle hardened team. Outstanding job ladies!!
One thing on Notre Dame, not to kick them after a loss. I have much respect for Muffet Mcgraw and the program that she has built, but I think the ND teams of the last couple of years is better than this one. I've always believed it takes only one or two looks at a wcbb team to know if they have the goods. I don't think this ND team is a NC team. I think Baylor, Maryland and maybe SC are bigger threats to this Uconn team... It's been a long time since I thought that about the Irish...I'm not a big fan of Allen or Turner, I think they're both a little overrated.... but enough about them this night belongs to the Huskies!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom