So much pure gold here right now | Page 2 | The Boneyard

So much pure gold here right now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Yes so little content. Almost nothing I say on the CR or Football board is true.

Sorry if content is having ridiculous expectations and crying when UConn beats Virginia - then yes there won't be much content from me. I thought Randy Edsall did a great job... I must be nuts.
What the hell does Randy Edsall have to do with the dicussion in this thread and what does you posting on the realignment board have to do with this? You posted a dumb topic and then look to play the contrarian role with nothing to back it up. It's pretty telling that you have to pat yourself on the back.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
What the hell does Randy Edsall have to do with the dicussion in this thread and what does you posting on the realignment board have to do with this? You posted a dumb topic and then look to play the contrarian role with nothing to back it up. It's pretty telling that you have to pat yourself on the back.

Well you claim I don't post 'content'. Now obviously that is stupid - but whatever.

I brought up Edsall because we had these exact same discussions when he was here. Lunatics calling for his head who have no perspective and zero clue.

I fully admit I enjoy patting myself on the back when idiots here disagree with me and are proven wrong.

Reaction Score
I gave it hard thought showing up. My vocal chords would have been hurting, I know that much. Also low on funds. I am excused. :p

Apart from that, I get what you are saying. It is what it is. Time shall tell what can become of UConn football. Whether simple power game or spread offense. We obviously have a tradition of defense.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
Isn't that the best part. I don't really even like the guy. Yet somehow understanding he isn't going to get fired and firing him would be idiotic means I think he is a great coach.

What a tool you are.

I think he could grow into a good coach. He isn't now, but he's the right kind of coach for where we are now... what's absolutely absurd is to be miserable bastards because a young coach and a team that hasn't won anything of note for 5 years don't live up to your imaginary expections.

Reaction Score
We are the Leader of CFB in the NY/NE region.

BC sucks far worse than the other 3 (Ooops - don't forget UMass, Army or Buffalo). Rutgers was down 21 to the Lobos. After walloped Howard. Syracuse got crushed by USF (and looked shaky against Colgate). We win.

I'm seeing things I like this week. A better D. TWO solid WRs + Newsome. (Could you throw to the TE?). Solid Kick game - best we've had on three fields.

Check. Got to get better.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
I love our players. I think BS is a warrior but maybe most of our guys are not as good as we think they are. Yes the coaching needs to get better but for the love of God can we just enjoy the win!
When you're right, you're right. I'm a lot happier then I would have been had we lost. Right now, enjoying an entertaining Bama/Ole Miss matchup.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I think he could grow into a good coach. He isn't now, but he's the right kind of coach for where we are now... what's absolutely absurd is to be miserable bastards because a young coach and a team that hasn't won anything of note for 5 years don't live up to your imaginary expections.

Ding ding ding. When you are a 5 win team on the market - maybe set your expectations accordingly.

Reaction Score
Ding ding ding. When you are a 5 win team on the market - maybe set your expectations accordingly.
Let me get this right. All of Diaco's BS talk, the close game against Maine, the loss against Navy, and almost ending UVA's 4 year road skid, didn't bother you?

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
"Fire [name of coach]" in this instance is Connecticutese for "I didn't really enjoy myself today as much as I was expecting for spending 3 hours outside drinking beer on a beautiful day"

Reaction Score
Let me get this right. All of Diaco's BS talk, the close game against Maine, the loss against Navy, and almost ending UVA's 4 year road skid, didn't bother you?
We are not recruiting at a BCS level anymore and overall coaching needs to mature.

Reaction Score
We compete with other BCS/P5 programs for recruits. Many players don't mind playing in the AAC. It's us who's bothered by the AAC.

There's going to need to be a lot of maturing. If you ask me, and it's not as if my opinion is worth much, we won this game thanks to errors by UVA players and coaches. They do have their losing streak going for some reason(s).

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Apparently he was satisfied with how we played today . . .

I wasn't in love with a lot of things I saw today.

Yet it's not figure skating so there are no style points. They beat an ACC team. So they were on the right side of a binary outcome.

There was millions of dollars wagered on this game... they priced UConn as 3.5 points better than Virginia and they won by 3. It's very easy to set your expectations accordingly...

Reaction Score
Of course it does. But that's a lot different than calling for his head.
He's not getting fired this year. He's also not working his way onto any watch list of coaches the big boys want to hire.

Here is what schools like Cincinnati and Houston do well. Hire Briles, Sumlin, fire a dud in Levine and hire Herman.

Fire Minter hire Dantonio, Kelly, Butch Jones. If Tubberville struggles again how long do they stick with him.

Diaco is plagued by the same mistakes he was making in year one. Today though he managed to not burn a timeout by not getting the plays in on time. Baby steps I guess.

Reaction Score
Next week's game is gonna tell us a lot. Cuse has a pretty good up-tempo offense. Definitely the type of game I wouldn't mind winning 13-10. UVa, while pretty bad, was playing with a lot of urgency to avoid an 0-3 start. We left at least 6 points on the table. It is what it is.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Next week's game is gonna tell us a lot. Cuse has a pretty good up-tempo offense. Definitely the type of game I wouldn't mind winning 13-10. UVa, while pretty bad, was playing with a lot of urgency to avoid an 0-3 start. We left at least 6 points on the table. It is what it is.

They left a lot more than 6 on the field. Diggs had the easiest pick 6 in football history and dropped it. There is 7 right there.

Reaction Score
I wasn't in love with a lot of things I saw today.

Yet it's not figure skating so there are no style points. They beat an ACC team. So they were on the right side of a binary outcome.

There was millions of dollars wagered on this game... they priced UConn as 3.5 points better than Virginia and they won by 3. It's very easy to set your expectations accordingly...

So the betting public believes, apparently properly, that we are one of the five worst teams in all of FBS. You apparently think this should be our expectation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom