So is anyone else worried about the ND game? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

So is anyone else worried about the ND game?

Is anyone else worried about the ND game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
In the point spread thread, I suggested that ND +12 was an easy bet. I'm now re-thinking this.

You should definitely bet on ND in this game, but not the spread. Bet the moneyline.

This game will go one of two ways:
1) We come out like we did against SC and nobody can stop us. We probably win by 20.
2) ND plays us tough, gets us out of our game, and makes 3's. The game is close down to the final few minutes, where we've typically struggled against them.

Basically, we will either blow them out, or lose a close game, probably in equal proportion. The spread accurately captures this. The moneyline woefully underestimates ND's chances of winning.

Have we done that well against anyone in close games?

Ms st, multiple ND games, Stanford. Etc

Truly close games. Even the Maryland game last year was a little deceiving.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Not worried at all. As I was not worried the last game against South Carolina. Geno knows EXACTLY where his team needs to be this time of year. If they're not ready tonight, they'll never be. They're there!!!! He's said in more than one media interview this week that he likes where his team is right now. We all know what a taskmaster and perfectionist he is. He knows his team much better than I ever will. So, I'll go along with him because of his confidence in his team and his comfort level. In Geno I trust.

Notre Dame has a good team, but so does UConn. They're the elephant in the room, not ND. I'm convinced IF UConn and ND play the best game they can play (their respective A+ games), UConn wins it going away. Remember in December, UConn lost Gabby to migraines in the 2nd quarter, and Lou was out with a foot injury. UConn still managed to win with 2 starters out. Those two will be in the starting line up tonight, healthy and ready to play.

UConn has waited ALL YEAR to get back to this point. They're not going to blow it now. All the coaches, and every player has had one thing on their mind since the loss to Mississippi State, get back to the final four, and finish it.

The human species is afraid of "the dark" and "the unknown". People want to be in control of their surroundings and space. That's why many folks would not be inclined to to enter a totally dark room if they didn't have to. Especially a haunted room/house during Halloween, even though there may be nothing inside waiting to greet them. ;)

The only other concern I would have is the same one I have all year. That is that none of our players get hurt. I don't want to see any player on any team get hurt tonight or Sunday. This is the BIGGEST game of the year.............................so far.

Enjoy the game everyone. :)

the Q

Reaction Score
I hate that our game is second. I am going nuts. Head bangHead bangHead bangHead bangHead bangHead bangHead bang

Last year I was so worn out from work I slept through most of game 1. I wish I slept through the ms st game instead.

Reaction Score
I'm not worried because I'm not on the team. If they lose, they lose. It will still have been a great season at 36-1.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Have we done that well against anyone in close games?

Ms st, multiple ND games, Stanford. Etc

Truly close games. Even the Maryland game last year was a little deceiving.
Where is it written that it will be a close game????

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I am very concerned about the game tonight. ND definitely has enough weapons and McGraw is arguably the best "in game" coach in the country. All it takes in an off night by UConn and their season is over.
Are you a closet ND supporter? How can you say that MM is arguably the best in game coach? I think that coach is on the opposite bench tonight. And he is the best coach in the country at every facet of the game!

Reaction Score
If UConn plays the way they did against SC, they have a great chance at winning. We also know that ND is one of the teams that can beat them. The first game doesn't matter. Hopefully, they'll play their best and win.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
For whatever reason, I was much more worried about the Elite Eight game against South Carolina...

I was plenty worried, but I humbly apologized for that.

Now, I am worried about ND!

Reaction Score
Nope. Our girls are playing with a high level of intensity. Our girls are in Beast Mode. They are going to hit hard. Hit fast. And keep on hitting. I love our mindset.

Reaction Score
I think it is healthy and reasonable to be a little nervous. I believe that UCONN will win... but until that final buzzer goes off at the end of the 4th quarter and UCONN has at least one more point on the board..... I will stay nervous... Not worried or scared... just nervous....

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I'm not worried because I'm not on the team. If they lose, they lose. It will still have been a great season at 36-1.
Blasphemy!

Reaction Score
Tonight looks like it will be a stressful night for some people.

Reaction Score
Refs. Told you. "Letting them play"="Letting them hack"

the Q

Reaction Score
Refs. Told you. "Letting them play"="Letting them hack"

The charges on the baseline were a travesty.

One of them the girl was out of bounds. You cannot get a charge when you are OOB because you can’t have legal guarding position.

Reaction Score
Another was in the circle. They have been in the bonus how long? And us? Nope. The real problem is the lack of calls on ND. It allows them to hack at will.

Reaction Score
My worry with the core of this group has been that they don't seem to have a drop dead murder switch. Talent-wise? They're the best team we've ever had. Even our down side teams have that. But this team doesn't take a punch like teams in the past have.

the Q

Reaction Score
My worry with the core of this group has been that they don't seem to have a drop dead murder switch. Talent-wise? They're the best team we've ever had. Even our down side teams have that. But this team doesn't take a punch like teams in the past have.

Geno said they weren’t on a mission. And they’re not.

No one stepped up. They were nervous and scared for 3/4 of the game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom