So is anyone else worried about the ND game? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

So is anyone else worried about the ND game?

Is anyone else worried about the ND game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
I'm worried especially I found out that my hotel is the ND team hotel and when I entered the hotel Muffet was at the entrance and she didn't look worried :)

That's her job. Put on a brave face as you approach the firing squad (I wanted to say guillotine but I couldn't spell it)

Reaction Score
IMG_2864.JPG

Reaction Score
Uconn wins by 24 tonight and if the title game is a repeat of last years game my prediction is, well my prediction is PAINNNNN...

We are on a mission and knowone is beating us.
I watched them play up close in Albany. Geno may be done with missions but the team ain't .

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Head aches, strain, the hectoring press notwithstanding: Geno has not been fiddling and the Rome he has built ain't burning tonight. We have an excellent fire brigade to put out break outs. (oh, that was horrrible wasn't it!) :confused: Sticking my neck out here Geno; please save it.

Reaction Score
ND is one of the few if not the only team that isn't afraid of UConn.............they have a shooter's chance but if their back court isn't lighting it up they have no chance at all....................I feel less confident then against SC because MM is a better in game coach then Dawn but I still like UConn's chances very much..........

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
ND is one of the few if not the only team that isn't afraid of UConn...they have a shooter's chance but if their back court isn't lighting it up they have no chance at all.....I feel less confident then against SC because MM is a better in game coach then Dawn but I still like UConn's chances very much.....

When does that first part stop ringing true?

How many of the girls on the roster have beaten Uconn?

Reaction Score
I watched them play up close in Albany. Geno may be done with missions but the team ain't .

See now your talking.

I say this as objectively as possible. If I didn't think they win I'd say it.

Reaction Score
If they come out from the get go and are efficient on offense the Huskies will win. A first quarter run to get ND down by double digits would make all of us much more relaxed. If they let ND hang around it could be a nail biter.

Reaction Score
I am very concerned about the game tonight. ND definitely has enough weapons and McGraw is arguably the best "in game" coach in the country. All it takes in an off night by UConn and their season is over.

Reaction Score
To paraphrase General Patton, UConn is going to go through ND like s..t through a duck.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I am very concerned about the game tonight. ND definitely has enough weapons and McGraw is arguably the best "in game" coach in the country. All it takes in an off night by UConn and their season is over.

You know diggans and achonwa graduated right?

Reaction Score
No. We be rollin' tonight. Nothing is slipping by our gang this year. :D

Reaction Score
This is what it comes down to ... UConn has an off night there are only a few teams that can beat them, this is one of them. It's a healthy fear, not an oh my gosh we are probably going to lose.

I personally feel this team does have a chip on its shoulder, and both the seniors and juniors want to contribute to the great UConn legacy by winning 3 championships and also not having back to back NCAA upset finishes.

Reaction Score
When does that first part stop ringing true?

How many of the girls on the roster have beaten Uconn?

I think MM makes it her mission to burst the UConn mystique with her players...............they don't have to have beaten UConn to not fear them..............of course they better maintain a very healthy respect or they could be in biggggggg trouble.............

Reaction Score
It all comes down to the refs. Keep it clean and keep it fair. If they do that, we win. No question. If the FTAs are 2:1 in their favor and/or ND is allowed to push and hack our players in the lane, anything can happen.

Reaction Score
The longer the game goes where it’s close, the more in favor it is to ND IMO. Last years loss may start creeping into their minds. I’d rather this one be decided at half again.

Reaction Score
In the point spread thread, I suggested that ND +12 was an easy bet. I'm now re-thinking this.

You should definitely bet on ND in this game, but not the spread. Bet the moneyline.

This game will go one of two ways:
1) We come out like we did against SC and nobody can stop us. We probably win by 20.
2) ND plays us tough, gets us out of our game, and makes 3's. The game is close down to the final few minutes, where we've typically struggled against them.

Basically, we will either blow them out, or lose a close game, probably in equal proportion. The spread accurately captures this. The moneyline woefully underestimates ND's chances of winning.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Just noticed that there is a 1/2 hour pregame for the FF on ESPN2 before the 1st game. So starting time for coverage is 6:30.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom