So is anyone else worried about the ND game? | The Boneyard

So is anyone else worried about the ND game?

Is anyone else worried about the ND game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction Score
With all these new threads.
Transformer of Shepard and C.Collier reject....etc.... are really bad for the MOJO.
WE are DOOOOOOOOMED!!!

But, I'm going to say this. Superhuman Gabby is so quick Shepard will not able to bulldose an inch without the ball.
Uconn by 20 at the half.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
I say B simply because they have enough shooters and size to be dangerous.

But I also trust the D to lock down Ogum again and do a better job on the boards than they did for 3 QTRs earlier this year.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
No problemo. Geno has put an elephant inside Muffet's head again, as the late, great Al McGuire used to be fond of saying.

Reaction Score
It’s always tough to get the “W” from ND. Hopefully Pheesa responds to being left off the AA team, and gets 20+Pts/10+ rebounds. KLS will need to be aggressive, lately she’s been hanging around the 3 point line, as she did freshman year.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
It’s always tough to get the “W” from ND. Hopefully Pheesa responds to being left off the AA team, and gets 20+Pts/10+ rebounds. KLS will need to be aggressive, lately she’s been hanging around the 3 point line, as she did freshman year.

What games have you been watching, Lou has been running all over the court the last 3 games. She had three different players from SC try to keep up with her during the 39 minutes that she played. Scored 17, went 5 for 10, 4 for 6 from 3pt land, 3 for 3 at the line, 2 rebounds, 7 assists, 1 steal, 1 TO, and 1 foul.

the Q

Reaction Score

and the MS State game last year.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
I keep scratching my head reading all of the articles online for this game. Yes--it was a close game!

However Gabby Williams only played 17 minutes in that game (all in the first half) and KLS only played 28 minutes (8 in the second half). Thats both of our 1st team AA's on the bench.

Reaction Score
What games have you been watching, Lou has been running all over the court the last 3 games. She had three different players from SC try to keep up with her during the 39 minutes that she played. Scored 17, went 5 for 10, 4 for 6 from 3pt land, 3 for 3 at the line, 2 rebounds, 7 assists, 1 steal, 1 TO, and 1 foul.
If you watch Lou closely you see such a tremendous transformation from freshman year to the complete player she is today. I doubt there's another program that would have transformed her the way Geno and staff have.

Reaction Score
I'm worried especially I found out that my hotel is the ND team hotel and when I entered the hotel Muffet was at the entrance and she didn't look worried :)
The fact that ND got here, after losing three starters to injury, says we better be concerned. And we must reflect that in our play. Take no one for granted at this level. Thankfully, UCONN is taught and trained never to play down; never to assume a win.

How do you think we would have fared if we lost three starters for the season ? Pick any three starters and see what we are left with.

Imagine, for example, playing without Katy, Gabby and Crystal? Would UCONN be at the final four?

the Q

Reaction Score
Uconn wins by 24 tonight and if the title game is a repeat of last years game my prediction is, well my prediction is PAINNNNN...

We are on a mission and knowone is beating us.

Geno says they’re not on a mission.

Reaction Score
I'm of two minds as to how this game will play out.
One is because of MM's superb coaching and tough, disciplined players and team this will he close but we will win between 6-12 points.
The other is we will come out like we did against SC and blow their socks off, and nothing MM will try will make much of a difference.
I think we are much better (they are also better too) than we were earlier in the season, Gabby is and has been Gabulous, KLS is fully healthy, AZ is much improved AND this team is so highly motivated not to go out in this game as they did last year that the rout is more likely than a close one.
Not too many hours left til we will know!
Bronx23

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Now we have a healthy Gabby and KLS plus an acclimated Z in the flow of how UConn operates. We have seen how our athletic equivalent-Louisville has played ND and how ND tires late in the games. I respect McGraw (hence my MM conundrum thread) but a) Nah, we got this vote.

So even if Louisville beats MSU, our kids will be laser focused to get to the NC game on Sunday.

the Q

Reaction Score
I don't care what Geno says. Our team is here to win a title and I'd imagine if they can right last years wrong they would be happy to do so.

We're not losing these games. We're the better team and I believe our Srs and JRs will lead the way.

we were way better than Miss St last year....just saying.

I was just having fun anyway. I know Geno likes to poke buttons. That he said that about the team (they weren't on a mission like the 2002 team was) is just classic geno.

Reaction Score
Better team not always wins. Smart players win games. And that's is the difference.

Reaction Score
The fact that ND got here, after losing three starters to injury, says we better be concerned. And we must reflect that in our play. Take no one for granted at this level. Thankfully, UCONN is taught and trained never to play down; never to assume a win.

How do you think we would have fared if we lost three starters for the season ? Pick any three starters and see what we are left with.

Imagine, for example, playing without Katy, Gabby and Crystal? Would UCONN be at the final four?
Let's not over hype. Turner was already out. Thompson wasn't fully starting but was playing significant minutes. The other 2 weren't starters. I would say with Gabby and KLS having issues when we played them was in the ballpark from a starting point of view and we still won. ND has had it tough but let's not make the proverbial fish caught too big. They also got Shepherd eligible immediately.

Reaction Score
Final four I'm always going to be a little worried, but without the defensive presence of a McCowan or a Brown/Cox to clog up the middle (Shepard 28 blocks this year) and hope UConn has a bad night shooting from outside, I don't see ND's strategy to avoid getting scored on a lot. Same old story, UConn has too many weapons

Reaction Score
What they really don't have is a bench and many would say our bench besides Z leaves a lot to be desired. Although MW has of late seemed to fulfil her freshman role.

Reaction Score
For whatever reason, I was much more worried about the Elite Eight game against South Carolina. Pretty sure we got this comfortably, and that the evening's first game will be the one with the bulk of the drama and excitement.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom