So I Went On The Bama Message Board….. | Page 3 | The Boneyard

So I Went On The Bama Message Board…..

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
They're only talking basketball on Iron Bowl day because the football team has lost two games and has almost zero chance of winning a championship.
If Bama football was 11-0 the basketball board would be tumbleweeds blowing through the desert.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
They're only talking basketball on Iron Bowl day because the football team has lost two games and has almost zero chance of winning a championship.
If Bama football was 11-0 the basketball board would be tumbleweeds blowing through the desert.
That’s true, football is king, but oats has created some excitement and is building something down there. I watched a bunch of Bama games last year and the arena was full and electric and LOUD. Reminded me of the early 90’s UConn build up.

Reaction Score
If the game was decided by 4-6 points, I'd maybe entertain some thoughts about referees... even though I'd likely disagree in this case.

When it's decided by 15 points and the winning team was up 19 at one point, those claims are worthless. The better team won - simple as that.

Reaction Score
Tell Alleyne that. Please. He stuck out like a sore thumb last night. He was dribbling around not passing and just jacking up shots just about every time he touched the ball.
He will be fine. Will probably do better as a defender and shooter coming off the bench. We have been playing very well as a team. It’s almost impossible for every player to have a good game at the same time. That’s just how it works.

Reaction Score
He will be fine. Will probably do better as a defender and shooter coming off the bench. We have been playing very well as a team. It’s almost impossible for every player to have a good game at the same time. That’s just how it works.
i dont mind at all if he misses shots my issue with him is the bad shots. I just think hes too good to force it and needs to be patient because the shots are going to be there.

Reaction Score
3 thoughts on this -

I don’t know what “thug ball” is but based on the comments I’m assuming it’s physical blacktop style defense.
I think Grayson Allen could explain what it is.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Looking at Alabama I saw a great physical, defensive team with off the charts athleticism who could score from anywhere on the court. I think they are better than their 18 ranking and will prove that this season. When I watched the Mich State/Alabama game I was thinking Mich State would be a better matchup for us. I thought we would have trouble with their speed and shooting and we did but ultimately were able to establish our post players and hurt them there which I think is their only weakness. If I had to choose, I wouldn't want UConn to draw them again in the dance.

I would sign up to see them in the tournament - not as impressed with them as some people seem to be.

Top 15 team, I would say, but nothing scary.

Reaction Score
I would sign up to see them in the tournament - not as impressed with them as some people seem to be.

Top 15 team, I would say, but nothing scary.
Is there anyone in college basketball that's scary this year? Seems like it's a good year to be a team that's much better than expected and make a run in March.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Is there anyone in college basketball that's scary this year? Seems like it's a good year to be a team that's much better than expected and make a run in March.

Some of the really athletic teams sometimes look better than they are in the preseason….most everyone is a dumpster fire in terms of what they’re trying to run, so the more athletic teams have a more pronounced advantage while everyone sorts out their crap. (Like, Auburn might be better now than they seem in March.)

I think the season will play out the way it usually does - a few schools will put it together and become freight trains later in the year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom