So I Went On The Bama Message Board….. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

So I Went On The Bama Message Board…..

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I bet if you replace “Alabama Board” with “The Boneyard” and 2022 with 2018, what you read may seem awfully familiar… ;)
They are in a lot better shape than UConn was in 2018. They have a good young team and a good young coach.

Reaction Score
No, the sense I got was several were pretty down on the team after a loss, expected but with that coach and their talent there was no need to be that much. We do the same thing for sure but our talent level and coaching was not 2022 Bama in 2018.
Their fan base should realize that the season is still young and they just played the best team in the country. Bama will be a tourney threat

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
I'm not going to lie: I do sometimes visit the boards of the other schools when we play them (but more so for football). All in all, it is an interesting exercise to see how good of a fanbase each school has. Some schools have 3-4 message boards, and some don't have any. UNC-Wilmington for instance does have a decent message board, but Quinnipiac has a board with three members, and it's one guy just posting for himself.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Their fan base should realize that the season is still young and they just played the best team in the country. Bama will be a tourney threat
Our big win will be a gift that keeps on giving.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
It turns out that they saw a different game than I did. Who knew? First of all our guards were manhandling theirs with hand checks, brutalizing them and the refs were letting us get away with it. Turned out that both teams had exactly 23 fouls although if you factor their multiple flops in there the numbers would change. Then, our bigs were much more physical and once again the refs allowed that. Blaming their own players for the turnovers (no credit to UCONN) then hoping Oates can get the team together.
I don’t know about anyone else but I saw a pretty damn good Alabama team that challenged well on defense. We had more answers ultimately than they did but they should be sky high for this season the way I see it.
Remember Nate is a Hurley disciple

Reaction Score
Of course Alabama fans from Alabama are going to say such things

It’s Alabama

Reaction Score
I don’t know if I partied more than that fan base. Well actually I do since I went to sleep after watching a replay of game. Wife cannot watch games live. Too stressful for her but after the win she was anxious to see it. So no coming to the Boneyard or partying last night.

But I went to sleep with a smile on my face.
Must have had that hummer from the Bama fanbase.

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
The refs called even ticky tack fouls for both teams to think they were jobbed.
I was getting tight about the way the game was called, probably for the wrong reasons

Yes, they called to many tricky tack fouls. And, just like the Tide fans, I felt my team got jobbed a bunch. But every time I watched the replay, I then saw what the Refs saw.

But every guard on both teams was using their forearms. And every guard on defense ( both teams) was initiating some degree of contact.

Essentially, I think I am conditioned to look at a lot (maybe too much) of that as "play on". But when the Refs start to call it, there is always the " well why now and not that last possession".

But, overall, in the end, it was called, possibly too tight, but pretty fair.

UKemba15

Some flies are too awesome for the wall.
Reaction Score
I like Bama but with that attitude which seems to permeate from the coach to the fans they are going nowhere. You cant simply blame it on players not playing good enough and hope that motivates them in the long run. After a while guys are going ot start tuning the coach out. Just look at cuse. Throwing players under the bus has not worked for the nose picker.
Please read the article @nomar posted above with the actual comments made by Nate Oates before making accusations of him throwing players under the bus. His most frequent comment was that the coaches didn’t do a good enough job prepping the players.

Or in the words of the GOAT: “Get some facts, and come back and see me.”

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
This is going to be a shock….people who post on message boards are usually insane.

The ones that look sane are a mirage. They look sane in comparison to the real moon bats, but they’re out of their tree as well.
What does that make the cofounder of a message board? King of the crazies?

Reaction Score
Please read the article @nomar posted above with the actual comments made by Nate Oates before making accusations of him throwing players under the bus. His most frequent comment was that the coaches didn’t do a good enough job prepping the players.

Or in the words of the GOAT: “Get some facts, and come back and see me.”
Fair enough.

Reaction Score
I'm not going to lie: I do sometimes visit the boards of the other schools when we play them (but more so for football). All in all, it is an interesting exercise to see how good of a fanbase each school has. Some schools have 3-4 message boards, and some don't have any. UNC-Wilmington for instance does have a decent message board, but Quinnipiac has a board with three members, and it's one guy just posting for himself.
I've visited a few of the other message boards when big things have happened and I notice that the BY seems to be have the cleanest look and is most user-friendly. Some of the other ones still look like early AOL chat rooms

pj

Reaction Score

Quinnipiac is coming on in sports. Hockey is ranked #4 nationally (DI Men's Ice Hockey Rankings - USCHO.com | NCAA.com), and basketball is 7-0. Maybe they'll build up some fans.

Reaction Score
Pretty much . Although on one board there was the obligatory message board mouthbreather “ thug ball” comment. That’s always a classic and has happened on BY too, unfortunately.

It’s crazy we have an inordinate amount of fans who seem to crave and require opposing fans and opposing coaches give us a hummer after every win.

Definitely more prevalent in New England based fans than anywhere I think.

It’s nice to hear good stuff about your team from opponents, sure, but it ain’t a requirement and shouldn’t be expected.
Yeah, we play thug ball but they don’t?? My favorite annoying thing was that bama was flopping so hard an analyst went on and on at halftime about what a disgrace it was that Adama was called for fouls on 2 flops, and then proceeded to get more called their way, and Oates got a T for whining that WE should’ve been called for flopping. It seemed that they 100% had a game plan of “if Adama breathes near you, fall over, it’s our only chance to win” and this guys whining about flopping??

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Are we a "beefy" and "nasty" team? I don't get it. We play team ball.

I like beefy(read physical) and nasty

So does my avatar

Reaction Score
3 thoughts on this -

I don’t know what “thug ball” is but based on the comments I’m assuming it’s physical blacktop style defense. Let’s not forget Bama came out ultra aggressive and swallowed our offense whole on the first possession. We just happened to match (and exceed) their physicality throughout the game. They’re probably not used to that and don’t know how to react to it.

Most of the second half was whistle after whistle, however the quick calls were balanced. We had 23 fouls/24 free throws. They had 23 fouls/25 free throws. So yeah the fouls were annoying as a fan, but they were literally equal

Every fan of the losing team of a big matchup will complain that the whistles were against them, and every fan of the winning team will tell them to stop complaining. That’s just how it is. If we lost and they won, the scripts would be identical but flipped.

They have a great resume booster in UNC today, and we play for the championship. Both are great games for both teams

Reaction Score
And the most insane are the fans who visit the opposing team's board. It's an exercise in masochism.
If you aren't reading the Syracuse board, you are missing out on some top flight comedy and serious schadenfreude . . . and IT'S FREE!

Syracuse Men's Basketball Board

Enjoy!
1669556671181.png

Reaction Score
I haven’t checked out their board - but the bama fan base was surprisingly fun to chat hoops with on the Reddit game thread.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom