So I Went On The Bama Message Board….. | The Boneyard

So I Went On The Bama Message Board…..

Reaction Score
It turns out that they saw a different game than I did. Who knew? First of all our guards were manhandling theirs with hand checks, brutalizing them and the refs were letting us get away with it. Turned out that both teams had exactly 23 fouls although if you factor their multiple flops in there the numbers would change. Then, our bigs were much more physical and once again the refs allowed that. Blaming their own players for the turnovers (no credit to UCONN) then hoping Oates can get the team together.
I don’t know about anyone else but I saw a pretty damn good Alabama team that challenged well on defense. We had more answers ultimately than they did but they should be sky high for this season the way I see it.

Reaction Score
It turns out that they saw a different game than I did. Who knew? First of all our guards were manhandling theirs with hand checks, brutalizing them and the refs were letting us get away with it. Turned out that both teams had exactly 23 fouls although if you factor their multiple flops in there the numbers would change. Then, our bigs were much more physical and once again the refs allowed that. Blaming their own players for the turnovers (no credit to UCONN) then hoping Oates can get the team together.
I don’t know about anyone else but I saw a pretty damn good Alabama team that challenged well on defense. We had more answers ultimately than they did but they should be sky high for this season the way I see it.
That's not what I saw. Their board seemed to recognize UConn is a great team.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Pretty much . Although on one board there was the obligatory message board mouthbreather “ thug ball” comment. That’s always a classic and has happened on BY too, unfortunately.

It’s crazy we have an inordinate amount of fans who seem to crave and require opposing fans and opposing coaches give us a hummer after every win.

Definitely more prevalent in New England based fans than anywhere I think.

It’s nice to hear good stuff about your team from opponents, sure, but it ain’t a requirement and shouldn’t be expected.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I don’t know if I partied more than that fan base. Well actually I do since I went to sleep after watching a replay of game. Wife cannot watch games live. Too stressful for her but after the win she was anxious to see it. So no coming to the Boneyard or partying last night.

But I went to sleep with a smile on my face.

Reaction Score
Pretty much . Although on one board there was the obligatory message board mouthbreather “ thug ball” comment. That’s always a classic and has happened on BY too, unfortunately.

It’s crazy we have an inordinate amount of fans who seem to crave and require opposing fans and opposing coaches give us a hummer after every win.

Definitely more prevalent in New England based fans than anywhere I think.

It’s nice to hear good stuff about your team from opponents, sure, but it ain’t a requirement and shouldn’t be expected.
I love when we are described as "thug ball" it means we are beating up other teams not used to a rock fight . Old school toughness- warms the cockles of my heart.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

They did both. Some posters were complementary, some posters thought they were robbed. Not typical of any fan form.

They also had a lot of Walton love which was amusing.
52C192A9-8DBC-4248-A280-1934A28A1D4A.jpeg

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score

Well, Nate Oats saw it the way we did. Very complimentary.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Are we a "beefy" and "nasty" team? I don't get it. We play team ball.

Reaction Score
Do you really expect a bunch of Alabama fans to make a rational analysis of the game?
It is what it is.

They lost and they can enjoy making whatever excuses they want to make about it.
Do you really expect a bunch of Alabama fans to make a rational analysis of the game?
It is what it is.

They lost and they can enjoy making whatever excuses they want to make about it.
What fan base is rational?
You understand fan is a short form for fanatic . A rational fanatic is an oxymoron.

Reaction Score
I visited their board too, in the end, I think they realized that we were the better team and some thought we willgo deep into the tournament.

They have several boards. I visited several of our former conference teams and some current, they all are noticing this team.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
This is going to be a shock….people who post on message boards are usually insane.

The ones that look sane are a mirage. They look sane in comparison to the real moon bats, but they’re out of their tree as well.

Reaction Score
I like Bama but with that attitude which seems to permeate from the coach to the fans they are going nowhere. You cant simply blame it on players not playing good enough and hope that motivates them in the long run. After a while guys are going ot start tuning the coach out. Just look at cuse. Throwing players under the bus has not worked for the nose picker.

Reaction Score
This is going to be a shock….people who post on message boards are usually insane.

The ones that look sane are a mirage. They look sane in comparison to the real moon bats, but they’re out of their tree as well.
Congrats @Fishy. This may be the best take I’ve ever read on the Yard.

Reaction Score
Last I checked, Bama is a football school.
The fans are still learning about this round ball in a peach basket sport.
So true. I live in Nashville and SEC basketball takes a big back seat. Kentucky is hated, and ever since Pat died no body really cares about the vols. And Bama basketball barely registers amongst the biggest Bama fans. I buy 2nd tier 2$ SEC tourney tix at Bridgestone arena every year. Let's leave them alone and wish them well. They deserve better

Reaction Score
I bet if you replace “Alabama Board” with “The Boneyard” and 2022 with 2018, what you read may seem awfully familiar… ;)
No, the sense I got was several were pretty down on the team after a loss, expected but with that coach and their talent there was no need to be that much. We do the same thing for sure but our talent level and coaching was not 2022 Bama in 2018.

Reaction Score
Looking at Alabama I saw a great physical, defensive team with off the charts athleticism who could score from anywhere on the court. I think they are better than their 18 ranking and will prove that this season. When I watched the Mich State/Alabama game I was thinking Mich State would be a better matchup for us. I thought we would have trouble with their speed and shooting and we did but ultimately were able to establish our post players and hurt them there which I think is their only weakness. If I had to choose, I wouldn't want UConn to draw them again in the dance.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom