So How Do These NIL Deals For Recruits Work? | The Boneyard

So How Do These NIL Deals For Recruits Work?

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Obviously Hurley can't (or at least shouldn't) say we have this much NIL available for you. That seems to be a huge violation. But kids take visits and somehow demand or request NIL money. Do they hand them off to somebody not on staff? You hear things like portal kid A wanted $1M. We have lost kids to bigger bags (no names needed). How does that get presented or offered?

It obviously seems part of the process these days, but how does that work without being a violation???

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Think contract negotiations. It is kinda like that.

There are basically no guardrails at this exact moment. Tennessee saw to that.

What’s coming is simply the schools paying recruits directly - I think the NIL stuff is nothing but a way station on the road to pay for play.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
I think the gist of it if you want to play "by the rules" is player says "I want to make $X" and the staff would say "we have the resources to provide $Y to players," so kind of a vague we can make that happen as opposed to a direct "We will pay you $X to play here."

But as Fishy said, I think even that is going to prove to be basically unenforceable when every state will just sue over it and blah blah blah.

Reaction Score
Obviously Hurley can't (or at least shouldn't) say we have this much NIL available for you. That seems to be a huge violation. But kids take visits and somehow demand or request NIL money. Do they hand them off to somebody not on staff? You hear things like portal kid A wanted $1M. We have lost kids to bigger bags (no names needed). How does that get presented or offered?

It obviously seems part of the process these days, but how does that work without being a violation???
More or less the baseline rules:
  • School can't pay Athlete directly
  • Coach nor Staff can negotiate contract or promise of payment
  • Players (for now) are allowed to sign NIL contracts prior to enrollment
  • Collective or Company owns and funds the contract.

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
Maybe include the players in future tv deals. The school gets X amount and the players get X amount.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom