So far great news! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

So far great news!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Some already know wife was diagosed with cancer on polyp. Drs. advised additional surgery which was completed this morning. Early pathology report showed no residual cancer! Complete pathology review in one wk. If complete review shows no residual cancer her prognosis is excellent. Thanks to all who have sent their prayers/good thoughts her way!
Yess!!!!!!!

Reaction Score
Fantastic news, Fleud. Here's hoping the rest of the news from here on is as good or better. We head to NYC tomorrow morning for my wife's surgery. My wife is doing her bowel prep today. Second time in the last month, but she's still in good spirits. I'm hoping our news will be just as good.

Stay strong!

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Fantastic news, Fleud. Here's hoping the rest of the news from here on is as good or better. We head to NYC tomorrow morning for my wife's surgery. My wife is doing her bowel prep today. Second time in the last month, but she's still in good spirits. I'm hoping our news will be just as good.

Stay strong!
You as well. Our thoughts and prayers to her and the family.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Some already know wife was diagosed with cancer on polyp. Drs. advised additional surgery which was completed this morning. Early pathology report showed no residual cancer! Complete pathology review in one wk. If complete review shows no residual cancer her prognosis is excellent. Thanks to all who have sent their prayers/good thoughts her way!

Great news, the thoughts and prayers shall surely be continued.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Great news, the thoughts and prayers shall surely be continued.
Thanks joober. I'm so happy for my wife obviously. But there is sadness that not all stories end well. I hope you and your family are finding peace with your brothers passing.

Reaction Score
Awesome!!!! Thought about it everyday. Felt really good about her situation.

Reaction Score
Great great news.........keeping all 30 toes in my household for even better news in a week for you and your wife!!

And ConnEd also..............:D

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score

Stay strong!

Keep your chins and spirits up, Ed. I apologize but I must have missed the thread that shared the details of your wife's battle. I'm going to guess that the bowel prep gives me all the information I need.

Whatever the hideous disease is she'll be conquering tomorrow, I'll be logging in around 1pm for the sole purpose of reading the great news you post about your wife.

Reaction Score

Awesome, fleud! So exited to hear that! Makes my rough day a wonderful one. You're such a great guy. I will continue to send my positive thoughts your way.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
She's a trooper. She had to clear her bowels but she still managed to cheer for Uconn between running to the John. SN has no idea of the impact he had for her.

Tell her she wasn't the only one screaming, "you've got to be shi-tting me!" every time Shabazz hit a clutch shot?:)

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Thanks joober. I'm so happy for my wife obviously. But there is sadness that not all stories end well. I hope you and your family are finding peace with your brothers passing.

Thanks, it's much appreciated. When I was 19 years old I was young and stupid and ended up getting my girlfriend at the time pregnant. Our son was born 2 months premature and died after less than 3 full days. I don't know exactly what the afterlife might contain, but I try to console myself by thinking he and my brother are now together. If given the chance, I know he would've made a great father and uncle.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Let me amend that statement. He would've been a great uncle to my deceased son. He WAS a great uncle to my living 2 year old son and 6 month old daughter.

Reaction Score

Stay strong!

For those of you that said a prayer or sent positive spiritual vibes, thanks again so much. Tomorrow will be three weeks since my wife's surgery. It went well, and her recovery is continuing to go well. She is Stage 3 because it was found in 1 of 49 lymph nodes removed. She'll start chemo in a week or two. It sounds bad, but her prognosis is quite good. She was actually kind of hoping to do the chemo even if she was Stage 1 or 2 so she'd feel better that none was lingering. Also, the chemo for colon cancer doesn't have the harshest side effects. Or so we're told.

Fleudslipcon, I hope your wife's recovery is going just as well or better.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
For those of you that said a prayer or sent positive spiritual vibes, thanks again so much. Tomorrow will be three weeks since my wife's surgery. It went well, and her recovery is continuing to go well. She is Stage 3 because it was found in 1 of 49 lymph nodes removed. She'll start chemo in a week or two. It sounds bad, but her prognosis is quite good. She was actually kind of hoping to do the chemo even if she was Stage 1 or 2 so she'd feel better that none was lingering. Also, the chemo for colon cancer doesn't have the harshest side effects. Or so we're told.

I just found a great excuse to crack my first beer of the night! Continued prayers to all of the BY'ers with a loved one fighting the good fight. Stay positive, chins up.

ctchamps

Reaction Score

Great news! I was thinking of you often and hoping you would give us a positive follow up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom